Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

My renewal date is some time in May. If I was to buy the PS+ on a deal (if there is one) will my subscription continue until May and then I get another full year, or will my year just start from when I but a new subscription, effectively costing me 6 months of PS+ goodness?

They stack, and you can buy 2 subs at once. So if you had a deal like we have, you'd pay €60 for 2 years of Plus, which wouldn't even kick in until May when your current sub expires

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Have never signed up to or used the Playstation Plus, so any kind of deal would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Damien360 wrote: »
    Where are you seeing free ps4 games ?

I looked at store through the app and only the ps subscriptions are showing for ps4 content .

They didn't show up on the Instant Game listing for me either. I just searched for the games on PSN and they were there, discount and all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Hi,

I am getting my PS4 tomorrow from Gamestop. Just wondering what te cheapest and best way to set up a new PSN account is? Is it cheaper online? Or to pick up a card in Gamestop? A friend of mine said there are sites online with discounted codes? Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

They didn't show up on the Instant Game listing for me either. I just searched for the games on PSN and they were there, discount and all :)

Found them now under games and PS4. Store is very slow tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

sugarman wrote: »
    Just wondering, when I get my sub for the ps4 and use my existing account. Will I be able to login in on both the ps3 and 4? (Not at the same time) ..and will I be able to play the free games on both consoles?

Yes, apparently you can also play 2 PS4s with the same account logged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

sugarman wrote: »
    Just wondering, when I get my sub for the ps4 and use my existing account. Will I be able to login in on both the ps3 and 4? (Not at the same time) ..and will I be able to play the free games on both consoles?

Yep, you can change between consoles and Vita if you have one so you can take advantage of all the free Plus content.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,098 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah crap! The 12 Deals of Christmas starts on Sunday. More spending.
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/29/12-deals-of-christmas-returns-to-playstation-store/

Though think I just bought the Unfinished Swan/Journey bundle last year.
    This year, I think I'll only be looking out for Rain.

Oh and there's another sale on this weekend.
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/29/weekend-deals-terraria-call-of-juarez-gunslinger-divekick-more/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

No, it will only register on American PSN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I bought it earlier so I can get whatever games are offered on the US plus. You just have to set up a new user with an American address and you can download them to your system. There is an article about it here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

error 82000002

Can you get this free 14 day trial if you got the free month when psn went down in 2011?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

How do you get the free 14 days plus with the ps4 btw? Didnt notice anything in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

phill106 wrote: »
    How do you get the free 14 days plus with the ps4 btw? Didnt notice anything in the box.

I couldn't get it either. Ended up getting a months worth in as mine ran out last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

you need a credit card for the free 14 days. mine is invalid..for some reason

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

nocoverart wrote: »
    I couldn't get it either. Ended up getting a months worth in as mine ran out last night.

Pretty sure if you had psn before you cant get it, by the sounds of you had so its not possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Axwell wrote: »
    Pretty sure if you had psn before you cant get it, by the sounds of you had so its not possible.

He could setup a new profile and get it that way. But PS+ is a real bargain....wait until the xmas sale for the online store, last year they had 25% off a year of PS+.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

Anyone having trouble signing in to the PSN? Trying to create an account but keep getting a server error.

Still cannot create an account on PSN.

And it's weird that when I go to enter a username each time it won't accept the one I entered previously (saying that it's already in use).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

mileslow wrote: »
    And it's weird that when I go to enter a username each time it won't accept the one I entered previously (saying that it's already in use).

That's not weird.
    That just means it's in use.

F1ngers wrote: »
    That's not weird.
    That just means it's in use.

It wasn't in use when I was signing up. It's happened a good few times. Decided to sign up just on the laptop here so that's got me sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That time of year again! 12 Days of Christmas PSN sale is starting tomorrow. Then a new sale every 48 hours. My credit card took a bating this month so hope the sales are crap but I have a feeling there will be some tempting offers like a discounted PS+ sub.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

sheehy83 wrote: »
    That time of year again! 12 Days of Christmas PSN sale is starting tomorrow. Then a new sale every 48 hours. My credit card took a bating this month so hope the sales are crap but I have a feeling there will be some tempting offers like a discounted PS+ sub.

Hopefully it's discounted. Mine expired the other day and I was waiting to see if they'd discount it before buying a new sub

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rioner

Same, will be looking to buy a subscription if there's one going at a sale price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Hey all, I'm hoping you guys can answer a quick question for me; I am a long time X360 user that has gotten disillusioned with Xbox Live because of the crap free game offerings. I am thinking of picking up a PS3 for myself for Christmas because there are loads of PS3 exclusives which I always wanted to play. Looking at PS+, I can see that Grid2, Guacamelee, LBP Karting, Uncharted 3, Dragon's Dogma and XCom are available. Am I right in thinking that if I take out a PS+ sub that I'll get all of those right away and I have them as long as I am a PS+ subscriber? It kinda sounds too good to be true, tbh. :)
    Am I also right in thinking that I initially get 14 days of PS+, which gives me access to all these without paying anything for 14 days?
    How does the PSN Discounts work with all of this? Remember me and a couple of other things are free in there?
    It all seems a bit mental, tbh!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You only have access to stuff that becomes available from when you sign up afaik, so those wont be available to you. Only anything from now on that gets released. Previously xbox myself but thats how it works i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If you sign up in december, you will get the december games grid 2, guacamelee, etc. xcom and uncharted 3 are free all year round.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm hoping you guys can answer a quick question for me; I am a long time X360 user that has gotten disillusioned with Xbox Live because of the crap free game offerings. I am thinking of picking up a PS3 for myself for Christmas because there are loads of PS3 exclusives which I always wanted to play. Looking at PS+, I can see that Grid2, Guacamelee, LBP Karting, Uncharted 3, Dragon's Dogma and XCom are available. Am I right in thinking that if I take out a PS+ sub that I'll get all of those right away and I have them as long as I am a PS+ subscriber? It kinda sounds too good to be true, tbh. :)
    Am I also right in thinking that I initially get 14 days of PS+, which gives me access to all these without paying anything for 14 days?
    How does the PSN Discounts work with all of this? Remember me and a couple of other things are free in there?
    It all seems a bit mental, tbh!

As stated, you get to keep whatever is available so long as you are subscribed.
    If you buy something at a discount while you have PS+(even the 14 day trial) you keep what you pay for, forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Fantastic stuff. One more question: If I let my sub lapse, do I lose everything gained prior to that forever, even if I resub or are they just dormant until I resub and then accessible again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement