Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Chrizfitz wrote: »
    I only got my first ps3 last march and signed up for ps+ as I got 15 months for the price of 12, Little big Planet and had not bought anything off of the PS store.

Did you get all them games free with PS+ or did you get some of them at a discounted rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Anybody else having an issue staying in an online game of Burnout?
    I keep getting kicked and being told to check my firewall settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

I want to sign up for PS Plus now that my 30 days are almost over but I can't seem to figure out how...I go to the store and select PS Plus but all it gives me is the preview option. How do I actually get the 12+3 deal?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I want to sign up for PS Plus now that my 30 days are almost over but I can't seem to figure out how...I go to the store and select PS Plus but all it gives me is the preview option. How do I actually get the 12+3 deal?

I just had a look, the 12(+3) is the first item you can select in the PS+ section.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I just had a look, the 12(+3) is the first item you can select in the PS+ section.

Yeah but when you select it all that comes up is the option to preview not actually purchase it

So I take it I have to wait for the free trial to be over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Yeah but when you select it all that comes up is the option to preview not actually purchase it

So I take it I have to wait for the free trial to be over?

Anyone know anything about this, i wish to sign up for it too

tonydude wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about this, i wish to sign up for it too

You have to wait for the end of the trial, mine ended today and I signed up fine. The 12+3 deal is still ongoing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Castle Crashers is free on ps plus today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Cannot recommend Castle Crashers highly enough. Not enough people got this when it came out, fantasticly addictive multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Missed out on the 15 months for the price of 12 now i either have to pay the norm and get 12 months before my sub expires in a week or two.

Anyone in the same boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Varik wrote: »
    Missed out on the 15 months for the price of 12 now i either have to pay the norm and get 12 months before my sub expires in a week or two.

Anyone in the same boat.

Yup. Decided to wait until the final week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Is there any way of checking how long is left on your subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Is there any way of checking how long is left on your subscription?

You need to go into account management. Then I think look under subscription services.

Mines up on the 7 of Septembers, so i have 3 PSN store updates to hopefully get a good deal or i'm stuck with €50 for 12 months.

Don't think I will be subscribing again, all of the games they're giving away for free I either bought when they came out or they're so lame I have no interest in playing them. I mean really, Golden Axe? give me a break

Mines up on the 7 of Septembers, so i have 3 PSN store updates to hopefully get a good deal or i'm stuck with €50 for 12 months.

There might be another deal coming. Sony know that a lot of PS+ users that signed up on day 1 will be expiring soon. They MAY do some form of customer retention. But if they don't, it's only €50.

RangeR wrote: »
    There might be another deal coming. Sony know that a lot of PS+ users that signed up on day 1 will be expiring soon. They MAY do some form of customer retention. But if they don't, it's only €50.

And here it is, as I expected.

Fancy a massive 20 per cent off a year's PlayStation Plus subscription? Find out how you can take advantage of this incredible offer.

Bringing you fantastic discounts, games and exclusive special offers every month, PlayStation Plus is home to some of the most exciting content available on PlayStation Store. If you're not yet a member of the best subscription club in town then the perfect excuse to hop on board has arrived - you can now get a whopping 20% per cent off a year's subscription.

From 26 August 2011 until 23 September 2011, you'll be able to take advantage of a very special promotion where you can snag a full year's PlayStation Plus subscription for only €39.99. This means you'll have access to all the exclusive privileges enjoyed by other subscribers, for an unbeatable price.

If you sign up before 7 September 2011, you'll be able to enjoy downloadable gems such as Assassin's Creed on PlayStation 3 at 50 per cent off, a Full Game Trial of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood on PS3 with free Avatars, and titles like PS one Classic Rayman at no extra cost.

Have you been a jealous onlooker of friends who have been showing off their PlayStation Plus subscription avatars on your PlayStation Network Friends list? Now is the perfect time to level the playing field. Make sure you don't miss out on this fantastic offer. Find out how to become a PlayStation Plus subscriber at eu.playstation.com/playstationplus.

And here it is, as I expected.

Ok which sounds better,

15 for €50 (3 months extra) or 12 for €40 (€10 discount).

Ok which sounds better,

They both cost the same,month for month. Both are less then RRP.
    €3.34 per month compared to €4.17 per month RRP.

Either way, they have one final deal for the "day one" purchasers.

Ok which sounds better,

They both cost the same,month for month. Both are less then RRP.
    €3.34 per month compared to €4.17 per month RRP.

Either way, they have one final deal for the "day one" purchasers.

That was the reason i had sounds in bold.

• Advertisement

This is for the US store but we have some chance of getting it, maybe not if you're in Germany.

Due to the Resident Evil 15th Anniversary US plus subscribers can get

PSone Classics: Resident Evil Director’s Cut, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 3

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MalvinMcPot

ShaneU wrote: »
    Don't think I will be subscribing again, all of the games they're giving away for free I either bought when they came out or they're so lame I have no interest in playing them. I mean really, Golden Axe? give me a break

Golden Axe is a classic

It hasn't aged well

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Is it just me or has playstation plus completely gone to crap since the first update after the outage? Seems all their is now are discounts on games. I want my game a month plus a few minis and PSone titles. I've about 3 months left on my subs and if it doesn't get alot better soon I wont be bothering at all.

Anyone know what we're getting tomorrow? Unless it's v.good I don't think i'll be resubscribing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

ShaneU wrote: »
    Anyone know what we're getting tomorrow? Unless it's v.good I don't think i'll be resubscribing.
    This has been taken from the US PS+ via Joysiq.
    psplus.jpg

Good month and a good few reason for people to re-sub

PlayStation Plus Content
    Plants vs Zombies - 100% off
    Altered Beast – 100% off
    Ratchet and Clank: ‘All 4 One’ Open Beta (Exclusive)
    Jellypop (minis) – 100% off
    Kaleidoscope (minis) – 100% off
    Resident Evil: Director’s Cut - 100% off (excludes Germany and New Zealand)
    Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Psone) – 100% off (excludes Germany and New Zealand)
    Bloodrayne: Betrayal – 20% off
    Explodemon! – 50% off
    Guerilla War SNK mini – 100% off
    20% off all SNK minis:
    Athena - 20% off
    HAL 21 – 20% off
    Marvin’s Maze – 20% off
    Ozma Wars - 20% off
    Sasuke Vs. Commander – 20% off
    Vanguard - 20% off
    The Impossible Game (minis) – 25% off

100% off all Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City Avatars
    Beltway Avatar
    Bertha Avatar
    Four Eyes Avatar
    Licker Avatar
    Lupo Avatar
    Spectre Avatar
    Tyrant Avatar
    Vector Avatar
    Zombie Avatar

Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City Dynamic Theme (Exclusive)
    Assassin’s Creed: Revelations Dynamic Theme (Exclusive)
    Watch out for additional offers in PlayStation Plus throughout September, Including more discounts on catalogue content, more new Plus exclusive Avatars, and launch day discounts on Capcom’s ‘Resident Evil 4′, ‘Resident Evil: Code Veronica’ and Ubisoft’s ‘From Dust’

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Had a small panic attack when i got an email from playstation charging me. Then i realised it was the automatic renewal. For 39.99 too so I'm happy enough with that

No formal PS+ blog post this month for EU?

• Advertisement

No formal PS+ blog post this month for EU?

The stuff is in with the normal store update.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement