Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Fantastic stuff. One more question: If I let my sub lapse, do I lose everything gained prior to that forever, even if I resub or are they just dormant until I resub and then accessible again?

You will lose the games,but once you Resub you will get all games back.

Best €50 ( a year ) spent ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

You will lose the games,but once you Resub you will get all games back.

Best €50 ( a year ) spent ever.

Outstanding. It does seem to be great value alright, I'm looking forward to jumping on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm hoping you guys can answer a quick question for me; I am a long time X360 user that has gotten disillusioned with Xbox Live because of the crap free game offerings. I am thinking of picking up a PS3 for myself for Christmas because there are loads of PS3 exclusives which I always wanted to play. Looking at PS+, I can see that Grid2, Guacamelee, LBP Karting, Uncharted 3, Dragon's Dogma and XCom are available. Am I right in thinking that if I take out a PS+ sub that I'll get all of those right away and I have them as long as I am a PS+ subscriber? It kinda sounds too good to be true, tbh. :)
    Am I also right in thinking that I initially get 14 days of PS+, which gives me access to all these without paying anything for 14 days?
    How does the PSN Discounts work with all of this? Remember me and a couple of other things are free in there?
    It all seems a bit mental, tbh!

Long as your sub is in place then anything you get for free can be played or deleted and downloaded again you if you need the HD space, this is what was free since last December on psn:
    Batman: Arkham City
    Limbo
    Vanquish
    Big Sky Infinity
    Knytt Underground
    Mortal Kombat
    Gotham City Impostors
    BioShock 2
    Guardians of Middle-earth
    F1 Race Stars
    Sleeping Dogs
    Dead or Alive 5
    Mass Effect 3
    Joe Danger 2: The Movie
    The Cave
    The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
    Ōkami HD
    Thomas Was Alone
    Catherine
    Hitman: Absolution
    Malicious
    Demon's Souls
    Ico & Shadow of the Colossus
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    LittleBigPlanet Karting
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (single player)
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    Battlefield 3
    Payday: The Heist
    NBA 2K13
    Saints Row: The Third
    Mafia II
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted
    Spec Ops: The Line
    When Vikings Attack!
    Assassin's Creed III
    The Jak and Daxter Trilogy
    Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
    Far Cry 3
    Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    MotorStorm RC
    Remember Me
    Grid 2
    Guacamelee!

Even if you only subbed to psn and never bought a game other than what's on it you'd have stuff to play all year round, it's a fantastic service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

If you use the psn +, do you have to enter a credit card? I'm not too happy about giving Sony my cc details. I bought a 50 euro credit and a one year subscription for the psn network from Smyths yesterday and when ever I go into my account to change my billing method I'm prompted to enter cc details.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Spoonman75 wrote: »
    If you use the psn +, do you have to enter a credit card? I'm not too happy about giving Sony my cc details. I bought a 50 euro credit and a one year subscription for the psn network from Smyths yesterday and when ever I go into my account to change my billing method I'm prompted to enter cc details.

You can use the E50 credit to buy PS+, you don't need to specifically buy a PS+ voucher.

Don't go near the billing page.
    You enter the voucher codes in the "redeem codes" section in the store.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    You can use the E50 credit to buy PS+, you don't need to specifically buy a PS+ voucher.

Don't go near the billing page.
    You enter the voucher codes in the "redeem codes" section in the store.

Nice one. Is the PSN accepting redeemable codes yet? Some of the PSN services weren't up and running yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

As bad as it is supposed to be, Colonial Marines has to be worth the £3 it is currently priced at with the PS+ discount in today's sale.

Think I'll be back for Super Street Fighter IV later today at 50p more.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Beefy78 wrote: »
    As bad as it is supposed to be, Colonial Marines has to be worth the £3 it is currently priced at with the PS+ discount in today's sale.

Not as bad as made out, would deffo get it for 3 squids.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Beefy78 wrote: »

supposed to be a dog! You get it and report back if its worth 4 squid?

Spoonman75 wrote: »
    Nice one. Is the PSN accepting redeemable codes yet? Some of the PSN services weren't up and running yesterday.

Yeah it's up and running now. Downloaded Resogun for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

If any one comes across a Playstation Plus sub deal, can you post the link please as i am looking for one please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Noob question here.

Are there places to buy cheap Playstation Plus codes online for an Irish account like I used to do for Xbox Live Gold?

Or is direct from Sony the only option?

Also, are codes specific to a region?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Codes are specific to a region. You can get the odd deal on Plus Subscriptions but generally what I do is just top up my PSN wallet with credit. Google 'cheap PSN cards Ireland/US/UK' or look on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Just wondering, you know after you download games off PS+. Resogun, contrast etc

Can they be played offline? I know the obvious solution would be to just turn off wifi and check but I can't try that till tomorrow.

Also, I have the 14 days free ps+ trial. What will happen those games after 14 days are up? I will be getting a years ps+ subscription but was thinking I should wait till the 14 days are up? If I subscribe now will the 14 days be overlapped? Or will it become 379 days ps+?

Deedsie wrote: »
    Just wondering, you know after you download games off PS+. Resogun, contrast etc

Can they be played offline? I know the obvious solution would be to just turn off wifi and check but I can't try that till tomorrow.

Also, I have the 14 days free ps+ trial. What will happen those games after 14 days are up? I will be getting a years ps+ subscription but was thinking I should wait till the 14 days are up? If I subscribe now will the 14 days be overlapped? Or will it become 379 days ps+?

It stacks - you get 379 days.
    Games can be played offline.
    If you do not re-sub to PS+ you will be unable to play the PS+ games as they will expire at the end of your sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What do people think the up take will be another 14 weeks, will a lot of PS4 owner continue to sub (mp player will). I expect a deal going into Christmas for subs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Varik wrote: »
    What do people think the up take will be another 14 weeks, will a lot of PS4 owner continue to sub (mp player will). I expect a deal going into Christmas for subs.

hoping for a muisc unlimited deal myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

jenjenten wrote: »
    hoping for a muisc unlimited deal myself....

I got it for a tenner last year, used it maybe 6 times :o

Is it better to create an Irish or UK PSN account or is it much the same?

I have a few, Irish(main one(PS+)), US, UK, Japanese and one from Hong Kong.
    They each have their own benefits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I have an Irish and US one, the US one gets different wallpapers and themes for free sometimes (lots of NHL/NFL/NBA ones) and sometimes different demos or classic games, they had Resi 2 and 3 ages before the Irish store so it's handy for stuff like that.
    It takes only a minute to set one up, the email and address you use can be as fake as you like as long as there's a valid US postcode on the address, just google one.

Sound, thanks lads.

PSN and Playstation Plus sound great craic. :)

One of the first things I did yesterday evening when I setup the PS4 was to activate the Plus trial and grab Resogun and Contrast.

Sound, thanks lads.

PSN and Playstation Plus sound great craic. :)

One of the first things I did yesterday evening when I setup the PS4 was to activate the Plus trial and grab Resogun and Contrast.

Don't forget War Thunder, Warframe and free on the US PSN, Blacklight: Retribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I am using my US Account for online on PS4, cheaper sub & more choice. Well worth setting up IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I am using my US Account for online on PS4, cheaper sub & more choice. Well worth setting up IMO.

Whatever about using the US account to buy games, the US plus has been inferior since the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Varik wrote: »
    Whatever about using the US account to buy games, the US plus has been inferior since the beginning.

As I said IMO & each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

I dowmloaded black light retribution on my usa account but it wont let me play it on my irish account
    application starting ineligible

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bagsofballs

I dowmloaded black light retribution on my usa account but it wont let me play it on my irish account
    application starting ineligible

You need to activate the ps4 on the usa account, I had the same problem, once activated you can play on your irish account no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Is Blacklight a good shooter? never had good enough specs to play it on PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

You need to activate the ps4 on the usa account, I had the same problem, once activated you can play on your irish account no problem

Good man worked straight away
    its only availanle on a usa account just to let people know
    its actually alrite but for a shooter nothing can touch bf4 on the ps4 at the moment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement