Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

You need to activate the ps4 on the usa account, I had the same problem, once activated you can play on your irish account no problem

Good man worked straight away
    its only available on a usa account just to let people know
    its actually alrite but for a shooter nothing can touch bf4 on the ps4 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

Is it possible to create a second PSN/SEN account?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

mileslow wrote: »
    Is it possible to create a second PSN/SEN account?

Yes. But a psn+ doesnt carry over.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

I've only availed of the 14 day free trial, I'm guessing that means that if I set up a second account I won't be able to avail of the free subscription again?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I have 2 PS4 and one PS+ account can I use that account on 2 PS4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I have 2 PS4 and one PS+ account can I use that account on 2 PS4

yes, but on 1 PS4 you need to activate it so that all accounts can use plus while on the other you need to be online and using the purchasing account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Ok probably a stupid question and sorry if its been answered a million times already which I assume it has. I thrawled through about 40 of the 400 odd pages of the Playstation thread and gave up so just wondering about PSN subs.

To play online now we have to pay a subscription? Am I missing something here, didnt we always get a code with the game to do this?

I know it was always about to happen but just want to make sure before I pay the 60 odd euro for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

€49.99 a year or €14.99 for 3 months for a Playstation Plus sub.

You need to plus to play online. It's a great service though as you get a couple of free games a month to download.

Batesy wrote: »
    €49.99 a year or €14.99 for 3 months for a Playstation Plus sub.

You need to plus to play online. It's a great service though as you get a couple of free games a month to download.

Ah ok, thanks for that, I just wasnt sure as I didnt need to pay a sub before and didnt want to be throwing money away in case I was missing these codes with the games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I found the PSN was quite flaky when it was free anyway. I'd prefer to pay the sub for a superior service to be honest.

I always found Xbox live to be head and shoulders above PSN but as you were paying a sub you'd expect a better level of service.

If the PSN is gonna be like that I'll happily pay my way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

Ok probably a stupid question and sorry if its been answered a million times already which I assume it has. I thrawled through about 40 of the 400 odd pages of the Playstation thread and gave up so just wondering about PSN subs.

To play online now we have to pay a subscription? Am I missing something here, didnt we always get a code with the game to do this?

I know it was always about to happen but just want to make sure before I pay the 60 odd euro for no reason.

if you bought a ps4 and have not used psn+ before, there is a 14 days trial in playstore :)

Just means less players online to play against?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

In fairness, if you own a PS3/4/Vita and have broadband, it's a no-brainer to get PS+.
    It's the best E50 you will spend.

Merged.

So you cant play online without PS Plus?
    And you can only join via Laser Debit or Visa? No paypal...

Again strange!
    Still I agree it is worth it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Again strange!

You can also buy PSN credit in stores/online, if you don't want to use your card on your console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

See Diablo three in on the 12 deals of Christmas for 40 quid. Anyone played it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

F1ngers wrote: »
    You can also buy PSN credit in stores/online, if you don't want to use your card on your console.

That's what I do, after the psn hacking debacle I just buy the cards instore

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

See Diablo three in on the 12 deals of Christmas for 40 quid. Anyone played it?

I heard it's a great console adaptation but I saw a new copy of it at GameStop for 30 euro earlier today. You'd be better off getting a physical copy at that price.

Edit: Wait, sorry. It's also 40 euro in GameStop. So if you want to give it a shot it all just depends on if you want physical or digital.

Jamie OD wrote: »
    I heard it's a great console adaptation but I saw a new copy of it at GameStop for 30 euro earlier today. You'd be better off getting a physical copy at that price.

Unless you've more than 1 PS3, then you'd only need to buy it once.

Then again the shared screen on the console is great so maybe there's no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,098 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Again strange!

Using the store, you can top up your wallet using paypal
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Christmas sale updated

Deal 3:
    F1 2013 (PS3)
    Was €59.99/AU$89.95/£39.99, now €19.99/AU$24.95/£15.99
    Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS Vita)
    Was €29.99/AU$43.95/£23.99, now €14.99/AU$21.95/£11.99
    Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

Someone complained about the deals so far and admin said they would be singing a different song when they see some of the upcoming deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Hope so, they've been pretty ****e so far.

"Singing a different song"? does that mean we'll be getting Singstar offers? :pac:

Though in fairness, what would they expect the admin to say. They already said the deals were going to be great. On number 3 now and they're not as great as expected

Got Far Cry 3 for a great price last year (€35) while it was still €55/60 in most shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

CastorTroy wrote: »
    "Singing a different song"? does that mean we'll be getting Singstar offers? :pac:

Though in fairness, what would they expect the admin to say. They already said the deals were going to be great. On number 3 now and they're not as great as expected

I'd give them a euro or two to get rid of Singstar off my media bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'd give them a euro or two to get rid of Singstar off my media bar.

I never understood this Singstar option on the XMB. It never appeared on my PS3 but seems to be on a lot of peoples.

Think I said before but I tried installing it from the icon then uninstalling it in the hope it would remove it. No such luck.

Does it come on PS4 yet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I got Journey and Unfinished Swan in a deal for €12 last Christmas I think. Can't wait for some good ones,

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

If we are to get free games with the ps plus for the ps4 will they be any good this year considering their are very few titles out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

ccull123 wrote: »
    If we are to get free games with the ps plus for the ps4 will they be any good this year considering their are very few titles out?

resogun and contrast are the current ones. resogun is the best game on the console

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement