Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ccull123 wrote: »
    If we are to get free games with the ps plus for the ps4 will they be any good this year considering their are very few titles out?

Wouldn't expect anything great until the end of the summer at least. We do have Driveclub Plus Edition in early 2014 though. After that I expect the first PS4 games to hit Plus to be either Knack or Lego Marvel Super Heros.

Don't know how Sony are going to fill the PS4 void for the first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Weren't we supposed to be getting that horror game at launch? wonder when that will be. knack and kz will be on it soon, wouldn't mind getting marvel lego.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Wouldn't expect anything great until the end of the summer at least. We do have Driveclub Plus Edition in early 2014 though. After that I expect the first PS4 games to hit Plus to be either Knack or Lego Marvel Super Heros.

Don't know how Sony are going to fill the PS4 void for the first year.

They might include some PS4 Cross Play titles that haven't been on P+ yet. Journey/Flower/flOw spring to mind. As well as Sound Shapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

ccull123 wrote: »
    If we are to get free games with the ps plus for the ps4 will they be any good this year considering their are very few titles out?

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Don't starve, Driveclub (PS+ edition) and Outlast are all expected on PS+ for the PS4 in the coming months. I think Deadlight is as well but don't quote me on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Knack won't be on PS+ because of the minimum metacritic rating required for games to be made free on the service. It'll be indies for the best part of the next year, which isn't a bad thing in the slightest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

My PS Plus subscription expired during a multiplayer session of BF4 last night on the PS4. I got kicked out of the game and it was telling me that I needed to be a Plus member to use the multiplayer features.

One thing I realised is that it is not easy to find out your expiry date. Couldn't find it listed in the Services part of my account. But it had probably been deleted as the subscription was expired. The least they could do is send you an email to let you know it is due to expire soon.

Still, I've never been so quick to spend €50 before.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'd give them a euro or two to get rid of Singstar off my media bar.

Same, i hate it, sitting there unused above the games I've downloaded, forever alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

My PS Plus subscription expired during a multiplayer session of BF4 last night on the PS4. I got kicked out of the game and it was telling me that I needed to be a Plus member to use the multiplayer features.

One thing I realised is that it is not easy to find out your expiry date. Couldn't find it listed in the Services part of my account. But it had probably been deleted as the subscription was expired. The least they could do is send you an email to let you know it is due to expire soon.

Still, I've never been so quick to spend €50 before.

If you ever downloaded a game from it just press triangle with the game highlighted on the XMB and go into information, it'll tell you how many days you have left on the game if it's one that requires a PS+ sub to play it.

Also if you go into account management and hit services, then look for PlayStation Plus, it'll tell you when it expires

• Registered Users Posts: 8,183 ✭✭✭batistuta9

what's the story with Blacklight: Retribution and Warframe for the PS4? they free all year or...

just noticed War Thunder is there now too free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

batistuta9 wrote: »
    what's the story with Blacklight: Retribution and Warframe for the PS4? they free all year or...

just noticed War Thunder is there now too free

They're just free 2 play games, with or without plus. You can buy a lot of stuff in game and that's how they function.

Tip for anyone who plays war thunder the golden lions are real money be careful, you get some at the start but I'd no idea what I was spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,183 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Varik wrote: »
    They're just free 2 play games, with or without plus. You can buy a lot of stuff in game and that's how they function.

Tip for anyone who plays war thunder the golden lions are real money be careful, you get some at the start but I'd no idea what I was spending.

they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Got the two story packs for Dishonored in the sale for €6.28, I've been wanting to play that game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Got the two story packs for Dishonored in the sale for €6.28, I've been wanting to play that game again.

Dammit now you've added to my backlog. I love that game, it was my favourite from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

batistuta9 wrote: »
    they any good?

War Thunder is at least.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Next deal of Christmas for Vita is Rayman Legends; €14.99 or €13.49 with PS+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Andrew76 wrote: »

More ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

Do you get any free days for PSN with the PS4?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Shane15 wrote: »
    If I buy Ghosts at Xtravision for the PS3 for 39.99 euro, can I then update it to the PS4 version for 10 euro extra? Thus costing me 49.99 rather than 69.99?

I upgraded my PS3 version for E10.

EDIT:

For new accounts you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

F1ngers wrote: »
    I upgraded my PS3 version for E10.

EDIT:

For new accounts you do.

I had two posts posted and I got the threads mixed up. Apologies but thanks for answering both questions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

More ****e.

Rayman Legends is far and away one of the best games this year, a sentiment echoed by pretty much anyone I've heard who has played it. At that price, it's a bargain for any Vita owners who haven't gotten to play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

More ****e.

And the most ill informed post of the year goes to...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rioner

14 days free. If you log in to SEN > Account > Wallet, you'll see that 'Automatically Add Funds to Renew Subscriptions or Pay for Pre-ordered Content' is set to Yes. Just make sure you change that if you don't want it coming out of your credit card in 14 days time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Andrew76 wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up. That'll do nicely on Christmas morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Playing Grid 2 for the last days, it's quite good.
    Lots of variety with cars tracks and game types. Time attacks, straight up racing, last man standing type eliminators, lots of cars also.
    Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So think we'll get Christmas games announcement this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Does anyone use UK/US psn accounts? My plus has just expired (yesterday) and i got a code from amazon for £7 off the UK one so basically its £32 so a good tenner cheaper than the €49.99 for the irish one.

Are there any downside to me changing to UK? Do i lose anything i have downloaded at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Christmas Deal #5

Payday 2 for 15 euro. Tasty offer but will pass.

DOA 5 Plus - Vita - 20 euro

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/09/12-deals-of-christmas-deal-5/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

jones wrote: »
    Does anyone use UK/US psn accounts? My plus has just expired (yesterday) and i got a code from amazon for £7 off the UK one so basically its £32 so a good tenner cheaper than the €49.99 for the irish one.

Are there any downside to me changing to UK? Do i lose anything i have downloaded at the moment?

You will lose access to everything you have "purchased" on the IE PS+ until you re-sub to it. The UK sub will be a new sub and you will only receive and have access to games from the start of that sub.

For the sake of a tenner?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement