Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Yeah i'm starting to think it isnt really worth it ha. I thought i could just change to UK sub and keep everything i had and save a tenner...nothing is ever that simple though haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It is very likely that there will be a PS+ discount too, or 15 months for the price of 12.
    Wait a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Thanks mate will do, i hope it comes in as i dont think i can play resogun now that my plus has run out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I'm waiting patiently hoping there will be a deal for a PS plus deal. Don't think I've ever wanted to spend €50 so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

jones wrote: »
    Thanks mate will do, i hope it comes in as i dont think i can play resogun now that my plus has run out

You can't play any PS+ content that you got for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

F1ngers wrote: »
    It is very likely that there will be a PS+ discount too, or 15 months for the price of 12.
    Wait a few days.
    Mod comment on this page suggests that's not going to happen unfortunately.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/09/12-deals-of-christmas-deal-5/

Sounds like TLoU will be discounted; nice for the two people who have yet to play it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

From the comments, it also looks like AC Black Flag on PS3 will be discounted in the sale as well. Is it 10 euro to upgrade to ps4 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Thought I saw somewhere that my subscription will automatically renew. Is this right or did I just dream it? My sub is up in February sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

sheehy83 wrote: »
    From the comments, it also looks like AC Black Flag on PS3 will be discounted in the sale as well. Is it 10 euro to upgrade to ps4 then?

Yes, yes it is. Amazon US did AC4 digital on sale for PS3 for 29.99 then I upgraded on the PSStore for 9.99. PS4 version wasn't discounted and was still 59.99 everywhere. So I was happy with 2 games for $40 and 20 for me aswell..

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Thought I saw somewhere that my subscription will automatically renew. Is this right or did I just dream it? My sub is up in February sometime.

Check it on your account settings. It will tell you. It will either say yes or no. Mine says no.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »

It's set to renew by default as far as I can remember.

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Yes, yes it is. Amazon US did AC4 digital on sale for PS3 for 29.99 then I upgraded on the PSStore for 9.99. PS4 version wasn't discounted and was still 59.99 everywhere. So I was happy with 2 games for $40 and 20 for me aswell..

Was gonna pick up the physical game around Christmas, might pick it up in the sale instead if it works out better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

From here

Chris Howe – PS Store and Plus Content Manager, SCEE said this in relation to a comment

"Sorry we are not discounting the PS Plus subscription in this promotion"

Boo, my free 14 days is up on the 15th I think.

From here

Chris Howe – PS Store and Plus Content Manager, SCEE said this in relation to a comment

"Sorry we are not discounting the PS Plus subscription in this promotion"

Boo, my free 14 days is up on the 15th I think.

In fairness they know a certain amount of people will probably have to buy it so if they are going to do a discount then now, from a business perspective, want the time to discount. I'm going with my gut here and say they will have some sort of discount once the influx of PS4 PS+ subs flat-lines and have discounts around feb-mar 2014.

W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

That does make sense.

Do the subs stack? For example if I buy a years subscription now and then another years sub in six months I will have Plus until December 2015?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

That does make sense.

Do the subs stack? For example if I buy a years subscription now and then another years sub in six months I will have Plus until December 2015?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

From here
    Going by the blog TLOU will definitely be included in the promotion and there was a hint at Assassins Creed BF too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

wcarey1975 wrote: »

According to this the upgrade offer runs to March 31, 2014 in the US at least.

According to this the upgrade offer runs to March 31, 2014 in the US at least.

Yes thats correct so I have until march 31st to find cheap copies of BF4 and COD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

What do people think are the chances of Tomb Raider appearing on PS+ in the next few months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Benzino wrote: »
    What do people think are the chances of Tomb Raider appearing on PS+ in the next few months?

I think pretty much zero now that Square Enix have announced Tomb Raider Definitive Edition for PS4 and XBox One.

I was fully sure it would be decembers game but no chance with the definitive edition coming out. Didn't really enjoy it the first time around, definitely not getting the new edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I was fully sure it would be decembers game but no chance with the definitive edition coming out. Didn't really enjoy it the first time around, definitely not getting the new edition.

Yeah same here, so I was holding off getting it and using it as a chance to catch up with other games, but now I'm thinking it won't show up anytime soon. Will have to see if my PC can run it and try and pick it up in the steam sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Damn US getting grid 2 AND borderlands 2. On the plus side it may be a sign its coming to EU in the next few months

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Damn US getting grid 2 AND borderlands 2. On the plus side it may be a sign its coming to EU in the next few months

Yeah just saw that, fingers crossed:
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/09/borderlands-2-free-for-ps-plus-members/?utm_content=buffere4cd9&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Will there be any more free PS4 games between now and Christmas?

Deedsie wrote: »

Would you like the lotto numbers with that?

According to the schedule, the next PS+ release is January

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

RangeR wrote: »
    Would you like the lotto numbers with that?

According to the schedule, the next PS+ release is January

Just curious, I am new to PS+ I thought there might be an annual Christmas bonus release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Niska

Deedsie wrote: »

Maybe.

The way PS Plus IGC (instant Games Collection) was set up, we'd get our free games on the first Weds of each month.
    However this year that changed in July (July had 5 Wednesdays), and since the August update we've been getting our PS Plus IGC updates on the last Weds of the month (so while July's update was July 3, August updates were July 31, Sept was Aug 28 etc).

This means our next scheduled IGC update is Dec 25th (last Weds of ths month). Now due to that being Christmas they may change it, or not.
    Either way we should know more probably this week.

tl;dr - We may have updates (Incl a free PS4 game) in and around the 25th. Or not.

• Advertisement

Niska wrote: »
    Maybe.

The way PS Plus IGC (instant Games Collection) was set up, we'd get our free games on the firs Weds of each month.
    However this year that changed in July (July had 5 Wednesdays), and since the August update we've been getting or PS Plus IGC updates on the last Weds of the month (so while July's update was July 3, August updates were July 31, Sept was Aug 28 etc).

This means our next scheduled IGC update is Dec 25th (last Weds of ths month). Now due to that being Christmas they may change it, or not.
    Either way we should know more probably this week.

tl;dr - We may have updates (Incl a free PS4 game) in and around the 25th. Or not.

And if I'm not mistaken, there was no shop update at all either the last Wednesday of December 2012.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement