Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So, can anyone tell me if I can add the PS4 PS+ games to my download list if I dont have a PS4 yet? Cant seem to see them on the PS+ website where all the free games are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

So, can anyone tell me if I can add the PS4 PS+ games to my download list if I dont have a PS4 yet? Cant seem to see them on the PS+ website where all the free games are.

Works for me, on the website.

RangeR wrote: »
    Works for me, on the website.

And do you have a PS4? 'cause I dont

And do you have a PS4? 'cause I dont

Sorry, no I don't have a PS4.

I did notice something strange with the Sony site. Minutes before my post above, I posted that this wasn't working but deleted it. It seems that when you go to any page in the Sony Web Shop, it take about 10 to 20 seconds after everything is displayed, for your purchased items to refresh as purchased rather than FREE.

So, I go to the site. Click on the PS3 [or PS4] platform filter. Almost immediately, the right side of the web page shows all available content, a lot of them PS+ FREE. After about 10 or 20 seconds, they then change to PURCHASED [for the ones I've already downloaded]

This caused me a little confusion when I went to the PS4 section. They said FREE. I tried to click into the items but they then said unavailable. They then changed to PURCHASED. I must have downloaded them when they first went live [as I normally do].

Hope that, clear as mud, info helps.

Whoop! Ok so I added Blacklight: Retribution, War Thunder and Warframe to my Download list for PS4, nice one! Have no idea what these games are :-)

Thanks for your help guys, its a little fiddly but we can get our free PS4 games without having a PS4 yet.

• Advertisement

Just make sure you go through the full checkout process and PURCHASE the free games. Adding them to the basket is not enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Whoop! Ok so I added Blacklight: Retribution, War Thunder and Warframe to my Download list for PS4, nice one! Have no idea what these games are :-)

Thanks for your help guys, its a little fiddly but we can get our free PS4 games without having a PS4 yet.

Don't forget Resogun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I have Contrast D/Loaded too, but have yet to fire it up... Any good guys? I think the major selling point for Plus next year is gonna be Driveclub(Plus Edition)

Phew! Forgot about Resogun! It didn't show up on the free PS4 list so had to search for it but yup, 'paid' for and is on my download list along with the 3 other games.

Sweet! Wont be getting a PS4 for a year or two but its good to know I'll have a bit of a backlog when I do invest in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Was in a friend's house the other night to try out the PS4. Played Resogun for a bit and fell in love. Easily going to be putting hours into it when I get my own.

What amazed was when we turned on his second controller for some Fifa and COD, it asked me to sign the controller in as a guest. I was then prompted to sign into an actual PSN account if I wanted to. So I signed in under my usual account and it led me through the setup for a PS4 PSN profile (Real name settings etc). Then it asked about save files, whether I wanted them uploaded to the cloud server on PS+ when finished. This blew me away.

For the next two hours, every trophy earned while playing counted for the both of our account, and at the end the save files were uploaded to my PS+ account so I can pick up where I left straight away when I eventually get my own. Mad stuff altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I have Contrast D/Loaded too, but have yet to fire it up... Any good guys? I think the major selling point for Plus next year is gonna be Driveclub(Plus Edition)

I think Constrast is excellent, I have finished it but need to go back and get some trophies.

I love the style and idea. There are a few bugs but nothing too major.

Definitely give it some of your time, better than what some of the reviews suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Phew! Forgot about Resogun! It didn't show up on the free PS4 list so had to search for it but yup, 'paid' for and is on my download list along with the 3 other games.

Sweet! Wont be getting a PS4 for a year or two but its good to know I'll have a bit of a backlog when I do invest in one.

Think Resogun and Contrast were the only ones you needed to add now. As far as I know, the others are Free to play the whole time, like DC Universe Online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thanks for all the free PS4 games !

Ed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

eddhorse wrote: »
    Thanks for all the free PS4 games !

Ed

Just remember to SAVE THE LAST HUMANS when the opportunity arises!

Just remember to SAVE THE LAST HUMANS when the opportunity arises!

Thanks Johnny, no PS4 yet but from what I've read and listened to on podcasts , you would be referencing Resogun?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Thanks Johnny, no PS4 yet but from what I've read and listened to on podcasts , you would be referencing Resogun?

I nearly shat meself when the controller shouted at me to SAVE THE LAST HUMANS.

I had a few beers in me to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ZeroBarry

I think Constrast is excellent, I have finished it but need to go back and get some trophies.

I love the style and idea. There are a few bugs but nothing too major.

Definitely give it some of your time, better than what some of the reviews suggest.

I have completed contrast and obtained all the trophies, a bit buggy (as it was apparently rushed to fill in for Drive Club Plus Edition), but overall a great game. I like the style of it and the 1920's Noir Art Deco setting. The games built using the Unreal Engine 3 are usually fairly decent e.g. Alice Madness Returns.

A bit disappointed that there isn't a platinum trophy for it, but if your a general trophy hunter, its a nice PSN level booster.

Definitely a must for a new PS4 or PS+ newbie. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

My free 2 week trial is up tomorrow on PSN with my PS4. What's the cheapest/best way to get a year's sub now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

E50 - either in PS store or buy in B&M also for E50.

B&M?

• Advertisement

Bricks and Mortar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

check adverts usually 50 quid psn cards there for about 40

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Bricks and Mortar

Like in the olden days?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ZeroBarry

cadete wrote: »
    check adverts usually 50 quid psn cards there for about 40

Cadete is correct, one guy was selling 50 1 Year PS+ Subs at €30 each, picked up 2 at the time so I'm sorted until late 2017.

Another guy was selling the €50 PSN top-up vouchers at a lower rate so that's also worth searching. Once you redeem the €50, just purchase PS+ directly from the PS store.

Looked on Adverts for PSN cards/credit. No results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

MuddyDog wrote: »

Argos ,€48 .

Best around for now.

Its worth every penny. Make sure you get it set up for the holidays for the free games then.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

MuddyDog wrote: »

even at the full 50 quid they're worth it, psn pays for itself a few times over every few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Leaving PS Plus:
    24th December: Grid 2
    24th December: Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen
    24th December: Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed
    8th January: Contrast

Entering PS Plus:
    24th December: DmC Devil May Cry- PS3
    24th December: Borderlands 2 -PS3
    24th December: Soul Sacrifice -PSVita
    24th December: Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend- PSVita
    8th January: Don’t Starve - PS4

Awesome games again!
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/13/playstation-plus-in-january-dmc-soul-sacrifice-borderlands-2-more/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Borderlands 2 excellent! I had it but traded it early, was really good and really liked the first game but I think too many games were out at the time, will definitely be playing through it now. Just wish the PS4 had a PS3 emulator for PSN games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can't access the blog here. I assume it'll be next Wednesday?

Happy to see DmC since want to play that. Still haven't tried the first Borderlands

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement