Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

krudler wrote: »
    I have a free 30 day sub I got when the last God of War game, but I never put my card details on the ps3 I just but the psn cards, is that why it wont let me use it? it just says the code is invalid when I put it in, was definitely never used as the game was sealed.
    If you have previously had ps+ the trial codes dont work afaik,
    the trial codes are for first time + users

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,215 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see DmC has free DLC as well. Figured I would take it now, just in case they decide to charge when they give the game away. (I know they won't) :)
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/cid=EP0102-BLES01698_00-DMCBLOODYPALACE1

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Sorry if this question has been asked one hundred times but couldn't see an answer by having a quick flick through some of the pages. Both my brother and I, have accounts on the PS4. If I buy PS+, will he be able to play online using the PS+, I bought? And avail of the other features available through the PS+?

Thanks guys

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yep, my brother is playing away online and I'm the only one with Plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Plus is attached to the console not the account so yeah should be fine

• Advertisement

Top men, thanks lads.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 1 and season pass are now up on the store. Buying the season pass gets you one episode free. Highly highly recommended.

You had me excited there for s minute but it looks as if it's not available for Vita yet.

Another question for ye, when the 14 day free trial is up and it auto renews itself, how long will it renew itself by or will it give me the option?

Cool, so if I cancel the auto renewal I will be able to renew it for a year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

assassins creed 4 is 30 euro and pixeljunk monsters 5 euro as day 10 deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,887 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    assassins creed 4 is 30 euro and pixeljunk monsters 5 euro as day 10 deal

F*cking great deal! 27 euro for AC 4 if you have plus. then a tenner to upgrade to PS4 version. I got this last week and it is absolutely brilliant, and I hated AC 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

F*cking great deal! 27 euro for AC 4 if you have plus. then a tenner to upgrade to PS4 version. I got this last week and it is absolutely brilliant, and I hated AC 3.

That would be a good price alright but I just can't make the switch over to digital. I'm too attached to my discs and boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

stuba wrote: »
    Cool, so if I cancel the auto renewal I will be able to renew it for a year?

Just purchase a year sub now. They stack.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Is anyone familiar with how Playstation Plus economics work? I'm not talking about consumer (value!) but more Sony and the publishers. I'm amazed how many offer their games on the service, and imagine they must be getting a damn good deal to do so. Plenty of games that are still profitable are uploaded, after all...

Does all subscription income go into a fund, shared among participating developers / publishers? Do they get a really good deal on DLC sold? Loss leader for Sony? All a bit mysterious? Just curious :)

Is anyone familiar with how Playstation Plus economics work? I'm not talking about consumer (value!) but more Sony and the publishers. I'm amazed how many offer their games on the service, and imagine they must be getting a damn good deal to do so. Plenty of games that are still profitable are uploaded, after all...

Does all subscription income go into a fund, shared among participating developers / publishers? Do they get a really good deal on DLC sold? Loss leader for Sony? All a bit mysterious? Just curious :)

I don't know 100% but part of it is purely marketing for an upcoming sequel. Some of it is gaining wider audience [indies?] so that maybe get more purchases through non PS+ accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Definitely something I've wondered about too, it'd be interested to know the economics behind it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,215 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag (PS3)
    Was €69.99/AU$99.95/£59.99, now €29.99/AU$39.95/£19.99
    Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

So great exchange rate as usual between sterlling and euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Couldn't pass up on that deal for Creed considering the 10 Euro upgrade for PS4. My Xmas drinking money has taken a considerable hit though because of all the money I've put in to the new gen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Warri0r

Do I have to download the game onto my ps3 to upgrade to ps4 or is it adding it to my download list enough sorry might be a silly question but never upgraded any games before.

Do I have to download the game onto my ps3 to upgrade to ps4 or is it adding it to my download list enough sorry might be a silly question but never upgraded any games before.

Just purchase it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

It's something I've been thinking about too. I would imagine they get a cut of the subs based on downloads that occur while their game in on the instant collection.
    Would love to find out how it works. Clearly they dont get the full 'value' of their games if people 'buy it on PS+ but would LOVE to find out.

I saw someone either on twitter/facebook(maybe it was on here), saying that Bioshock:Infinite and Persona 4: Golden are coming to PS+ very soon.
    http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/12/bioshock-infinite-persona-4-golden-coming-playstation-plus/
    Bioshock Infinite and Persona IV: The Golden may be heading onto PlayStation Plus’ Instant Games Collection.
    Chris Howe, SCEE’s PS Store and Plus Content Manager, was recently questioned whether it was “safe” to buy either title. In a swift response on the PlayStation Blog Howe commented, “I would hold off on both of those for now”. The comments were on a post related to PlayStation Plus however the reasoning behind them isn’t clear. It may mean that the games are to be added to PlayStation Plus, although it may also mean that these two titles will be part of Sony Christmas PSN sale.
    Be sure to check back with Just Push Start as if we receive any confirmation, one way or other, we will let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Myrddin wrote: »
    Definitely something I've wondered about too, it'd be interested to know the economics behind it

We'll never know, I'd think Sony would be trying to keep any deals confidential to both improve negotiations with other pub/devs and to keep MS in the dark ( from the look of "Games with Gold" it's working)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

I've just realised my account isn't the main one on my ps3. Im trying to add ps plus so I can get the free games for the ps4 and vita. Will my account not being the main ine on ps3 make a difference?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

rafi bomb wrote: »
    I've just realised my account isn't the main one on my ps3. Im trying to add ps plus so I can get the free games for the ps4 and vita. Will my account not being the main ine on ps3 make a difference?

It won't make a difference.
    You can have more than one PS+ account on a PS3.
    However, you won't be able to access the PS4 games on the PS3(or can you, I haven't looked).
    You will have to do it online or on a PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Anyone have a link to psn credit on adverts?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

F1ngers wrote: »
    It won't make a difference.
    You can have more than one PS+ account on a PS3.
    However, you won't be able to access the PS4 games on the PS3(or can you, I haven't looked).
    You will have to do it online or on a PS4.

I thought I could click buy but not download?

Im very confused by all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭batistuta9

rafi bomb wrote: »
    I thought I could click buy but not download?

Im very confused by all this.

you can definitely do that through the webstore but on the store on the PS3 i think they don't show up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

12 deals of Christmas
    Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS3)
    Was €69.99/AU$109.95/£49.99, now €39.99/AU$79.95/£34.99
    Killzone Mercenary (PS VITA)
    Was €34.99/AU$47.95/£29.99, now €19.99/AU$24.95/£14.99
    Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Most people already have GTA and Killzone will likely be on plus sooner than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Varik wrote: »
    Most people already have GTA and Killzone will likely be on plus sooner than later.

I wouldn't say that killzone will be on plus anytime soon. Sure it was only released recently. 20quid is a very fair price (and even cheaper for ps plus members)for a very well reviewed game.

That said I've no particular interest in it. I like my fps's a big flatscreen telly personally.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement