Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 aor2405

Where is the cheapest place to buy the ps+

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I've only just started using the Playstation store, but is it just me or are the games very slow to download?

Downloading GTA V at the moment, it's been 3 hours now and not even at 40%. I'm used to using Steam so the downloads have always been very fast.

it's dire, always has been, even downloading 12-13mb updates can take 10 mins on my 50mb line. If I need to download a full game I just leave it on overnight and set the ps3 to auto off once it completes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

aor2405 wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place to buy the ps+

No deals around that I'm aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I've only just started using the Playstation store, but is it just me or are the games very slow to download?

Downloading GTA V at the moment, it's been 3 hours now and not even at 40%. I'm used to using Steam so the downloads have always been very fast.

It's usually pretty slow but for now you'll have a combination of people downloading the new plus games as well as new console owners

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

GTA V is 36GB on the PS3. It will take a while whatever ISP you are with.
    Also the whole world is downloading games too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It's usually pretty slow but for now you'll have a combination of people downloading the new plus games as well as new console owners

I imagined it was mostly down to it being Christmas.

Hopefully it gets a bit faster in the future, gods forbid I actually have to leave my house to purchase a game :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

F1ngers wrote: »
    No deals around that I'm aware of.

Now that PS+ is mandatory for online I'm expecting there to be far less discounts, though the 3 extra months more than likely will stick around, it'll just be €50.

Last march I got 15 months for €30 in Smyths. Doubtful of seeing that again

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

hi total noob here i am a convert from xbox
    i was wonderin if you can download ps3 games off psn and play them on ps4
    sorry if its a dumb question asked a thousand times before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

jimboblep wrote: »

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

naw bud its not backward compatible but gaikai will be available sometime in the next few years which will allow you to do so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

If on plus just add then on the sen sony network page and they may ne available to you in future. Same goes with the vita games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

No, you can't I'm afraid. The PS4 is not backwards compatible. There's a few games if you own for the PS3 or Vita you can download for free on the PS4. Escape Plan, Flower, Flow and Sound Shapes I think are the games. There is a online streaming service called Gaikai which is supposedly coming in 2014 for playing PS3 games on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Anyone have trouble with sending and receiving friend requests? Trying to add someone as a friend but he says he's not receiving it and when he says he sends me a request I get nothing either...

This is on the PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Is drive club not going to be given away on plus now?

Fiddlex wrote: »
    Anyone have trouble with sending and receiving friend requests? Trying to add someone as a friend but he says he's not receiving it and when he says he sends me a request I get nothing either...

This is on the PS4

PSN having issues the last few days.
    Is drive club not going to be given away on plus now?

Delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Delayed.

But when it comes out? AFAIK it says it on my ps4 box, if that's the case I don't know why any one would preorder it at 65 euro!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Delayed.

any idea how long its delayed for?

But when it comes out? AFAIK it says it on my ps4 box, if that's the case I don't know why any one would preorder it at 65 euro!!
    any idea how long its delayed for?

Q1 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Its a Plus edition. I would imagine you will only get a few cars and tracks while the full game will have a lot more content.

There hasn't been any word on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Lads i just logged in and click Discounted games and was able to get KillZone Shadow Fall for free ! :D .. is that right ? .. it's 38.2GB is size (PS4)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

NeVeR wrote: »
    Lads i just logged in and click Discounted games and was able to get KillZone Shadow Fall for free ! :D .. is that right ? .. it's 38.2GB is size (PS4)

4 day MP trial

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

It's a Multi-player trial for PS+ members this weekend, play the MP for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

whiterebel wrote: »
    4 day MP trial

what about single player ? .. says I have the game for as long as I have PSplus membership ? .. is that true ?

what about single player ? .. says I have the game for as long as I have PSplus membership ? .. is that true ?

No.

Click "read more".

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Any deals going on discounted membership ?, mine just up today

BrendanD wrote: »
    Any deals going on discounted membership ?, mine just up today

It is very unlikely(imo) there will be any more discounted deals as it is a requirement to play online on the PS4.

I have a feeling that Sonys thinking on it now is, get it at E50 or don't get it - your call.

It is very unlikely(imo) there will be any more discounted deals as it is a requirement to play online on the PS4.

I have a feeling that Sonys thinking on it now is, get it at E50 or don't get it - your call.

It's also one of those things I don't mind paying full whack for, it's such good value you already feel like you're getting a great deal. Not that I'd complain if it was cheaper but if you own more than one Sony console it's amazing value.

krudler wrote: »
    It's also one of those things I don't mind paying full whack for, it's such good value you already feel like you're getting a great deal. Not that I'd complain if it was cheaper but if you own more than one Sony console it's amazing value.

Completely agree - best E50 I spend by a long shot.

Completely agree - best E50 I spend by a long shot.

As it is I have six full games sitting on my ps3 and another bunch on my vita waiting to be played, for less than the cost of one night on the beer. It's crazy good value for money, even if you only got one free game a month from it. psn+ and netflix are the two subscriptions things I have zero issue paying for every month for what you get from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Does anyone know what will happen to the PS+ games you get for free once Sony stops supporting it? Considering subscribing but I'm guessing when they stop supporting it (in 2/3 years) that the games will no longer be available to play at all in which case I would be better off sticking with boxed copies? Or would they just give away the games that you've accumulated over the time you were subscribed?

Not sure if this needs a separate thread but I thought this was the best place to ask

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement