Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Contrast, well thats 2 hours I will never get back again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

astonaidan wrote: »

I thought it was very good tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

astonaidan wrote: »

I thought Contrast was pretty good. Interesting setting and story with fairly original mechanics.

Nice and short too.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

DmC is class!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really enjoyed contrast, even worth getting the collectibles to get the back story. How big is the file size for dmc?

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    How big is the file size for dmc?

6.6 GB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    DmC is class!

Have to agree with you Paddy, am playing my second playthrough on "Son of Sparda" difficulty. It's a good challenge!

6.6 GB

Oddly e ought its 6669 mega which I hope was intentional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Kev. wrote: »
    I thought it was very good tbh!
    I thought Contrast was pretty good. Interesting setting and story with fairly original mechanics.

Nice and short too.
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed contrast, even worth getting the collectibles to get the back story. How big is the file size for dmc?
    Just wasnt for me and Im usually a fan off random games

van_beano wrote: »
    Have to agree with you Paddy, am playing my second playthrough on "Son of Sparda" difficulty. It's a good challenge!

I'm only halfway through and already really enjoying it. Love the limbo world and the way it crumbles around you. The music is excellent too.

Never would have played this if it wasn't for Plus.

• Advertisement

I'm only halfway through and already really enjoying it. Love the limbo world and the way it crumbles around you. The music is excellent too.

Never would have played this if it wasn't for Plus.

Same here, never would have played it otherwise. The combat reminds me a bit of Dantes Inferno. The quick changing between swinging from point to point and the pulling of objects in Limbo is very good, at least all my buttons on the controller are getting used this time!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hope you've all played the earlier Devil May Cry games, specifically 1 and 3 ;)

Hope you've all played the earlier Devil May Cry games, specifically 1 and 3 ;)

Nope, haven't played them. Which is, in a way, a good thing as I believe I would be led to hate DmC in it's current form!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Where is Dont Starve ? It's suppose to be in the Plus Store in January ? I'm new to PS Plus .. does it normally not be there at the start of the month ?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

NeVeR wrote: »
    Where is Dont Starve ? It's suppose to be in the Plus Store in January ? I'm new to PS Plus .. does it normally not be there at the start of the month ?

Not out until the 7th i think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Do you know when the new PS+ games become available? Is there a time limit for when you have to D/L them by? I won't have the PS4 in a strong wifi area till next Monday. Would it be ok to wait till then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Deedsie wrote: »
    Do you know when the new PS+ games become available? Is there a time limit for when you have to D/L them by? I won't have the PS4 in a strong wifi area till next Monday. Would it be ok to wait till then?

Use the web store and 'purchase' the games. You can then download them whenever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Deedsie wrote: »

There is a FAQ in the very first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Don't know if this the right place but I just picked up a PS3 in Tesco at the weekend for €80 (12GB model - ordering a 500GB from Amazon this week) but I'm hoping to take advantage of the January Sale and picking up some games on the cheap. I'll be on a bit of a budget so just wondering if there's any of the games that are under €10 and possibly already on the IGC worth picking up (I already have PS Plus for the Vita so any of the games up on that this month are already purchased and ready to be downloaded when the hard drive arrives).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Otacon wrote: »
    Use the web store and 'purchase' the games. You can then download them whenever you want.

Good stuff, thanks for letting me know. New to PS+ it's a bit confusing at the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

van_beano wrote: »
    Nope, haven't played them. Which is, in a way, a good thing as I believe I would be led to hate DmC in it's current form!

True enough. I probably would have enjoyed DmC if I had been new to the series. DMC1 is a bit dated now, but I'd definitely still consider 3 & 4 to be better than DmC. Not just in terms of story and character, but gameplay, controls, camera, enemy design. And the graphics in DMC4 are still pretty great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Don't know if this the right place but I just picked up a PS3 in Tesco at the weekend for €80 (12GB model - ordering a 500GB from Amazon this week)

€80 for a PS3? Was this a special offer?

€80 for a PS3? Was this a special offer?

Tesco have been getting rid of a lot of their electrical stock by putting unadvertised discounts on them. So they are selling the 12gb ps3's for €80 and some of the others for €100. They're hard enough to find at this stage because most of them are probably gone and a lot of shops don't seem to bother selling consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Is Rain a good game then?
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Excellent. Was waiting for Rain. Just looks interesting to me.
    Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Rain to me would get boring very quickly after looking at the trailer. Of you like stealth games it might be worth getting
    F1ngers wrote: »
    I meant to buy Rain when it came out but never got round to it.
    Will definitely pick it up now at that price.

Just finished it last night.
    Beautiful art work, animations and music combined with clever gameplay.
    Another game from Sony that's part art, part game. I'm not really into stealth games but I never found it boring, it has so much finesse.
    Definitely worth giving it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I thought Don't Starve was on PS+ today. Unless it's at a later time. I was hoping to have it downloaded onto my PS4 for me getting home after work.

gamercfc wrote: »
    I thought Don't Starve was on PS+ today. Unless it's at a later time. I was hoping to have it downloaded onto my PS4 for me getting home after work.

Tomorrow according to the blog:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/13/playstation-plus-in-january-dmc-soul-sacrifice-borderlands-2-more/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Fair enough, I was told by a few sources that it was the 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Played through Rain over the christmas and really loved it.

Visuals and score are beautiful and if you like stealth games you should be right at home here. It's roughly 3 hours long I reckon.

It was well worth picking up in the 12 deals sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

tok9 wrote: »
    Played through Rain over the christmas and really loved it.

Visuals and score are beautiful and if you like stealth games you should be right at home here. It's roughly 3 hours long I reckon.

It was well worth picking up in the 12 deals sale.

Bought it a few weeks ago but still have not played it. Between gta5, vita ps+ and ps3 ps+ I cannot get time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Damien360 wrote: »
    Bought it a few weeks ago but still have not played it. Between gta5, vita ps+ and ps3 ps+ I cannot get time.

Well the good thing is that you can finish it in one sitting... which is how I'd recommend playing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement