Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

gamercfc wrote: »
    Fair enough, I was told by a few sources that it was the 7th.

I think that may have been referring to the US store.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

tok9 wrote: »
    Well the good thing is that you can finish it in one sitting... which is how I'd recommend playing it.

I've been playing it over a few nights to make it last longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

sweetie wrote: »
    I've been playing it over a few nights to make it last longer!

Ah that's cool too.. As it was Christmas at the time I just said I'd take in the whole experience.. in fairness I did have an hour break since someone else wanted the tv.

Lovely game... I think the soundtrack suits it perfectly.. just really nice to listen to while playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

tok9 wrote: »
    Ah that's cool too.. As it was Christmas at the time I just said I'd take in the whole experience.. in fairness I did have a hour break since someone else wanted the tv.

Lovely game... I think the soundtrack suits it perfectly.. just really nice to listen to while playing.

I pretty much played brothers in a day though!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Although im very happy with PS+ i wonder will it start to become more irrelevant now that were moving into much larger file sizes for games. Killzone for example would be over 30 gigs to download if they gave that for free at some point.With PSN network speed and data caps for broadband i dont know if i will be downloading as many games on PS4 i may be buying more disc based games this gen. I think PS+ works great on PS3 and Vita, it will be interesting to see how it goes on PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Just dawned on me that this will be great for any PS4 games that have online multiplayer and get featured (Drive being the obvious choice at first).

With 99.9% of people on PS4 having PS+, you have a guaranteed big online multiplayer scene almost immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

macpac26 wrote: »
    Although im very happy with PS+ i wonder will it start to become more irrelevant now that were moving into much larger file sizes for games. Killzone for example would be over 30 gigs to download if they gave that for free at some point.With PSN network speed and data caps for broadband i dont know if i will be downloading as many games on PS4 i may be buying more disc based games this gen. I think PS+ works great on PS3 and Vita, it will be interesting to see how it goes on PS4.

I see what you are saying but the file size of the game relative to internet connection speeds would be similar now to what it was when the PS3 launched. In 2006, Irish broadband speeds would have been 1-2Mbps and the average game would have been maybe 10GB? It would have taken ages to download a game then. By the time PS+ was launched, broadband speeds had increased so that the size of the game mattered less, which prompted a high take up of the service. Broadband speeds and data caps should increase so that a 30GB file size won't be too troubling to download in the future. Hopefully it won't take long for that to happen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Hopefully it won't take long for that to happen.

*Checks Mr Gloats' sig*

I see what you did there...:p

sweetie wrote: »
    I pretty much played brothers in a day though!

I did that too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

dont starve is scheduled for 5pm tomorrow, wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Had a good old blast of DMC there, never played any of them before. My thumb is in bits :pac:

Don't Starve is ready to go. Not in the IGC yet but just search for it.

Only 350mb too, downloaded in under a minute for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

DmC seems interesting although some length in their cut sequences

RasTa wrote: »
    DmC seems interesting although some length in their cut sequences
    The cheesy puns are so bad they're funny, intentionally so I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It shows that Dont starve original price was 23eu and free for Ps+.... Are they really planing on Selling it for 23eu when on Pc it is about 5-6eu?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Does a PS+ subscription work on both the ps3 and ps4 or has it to be tied to one console? I'v both consoles and I'd be interested in downloading some of the free games on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Does a PS+ subscription work on both the ps3 and ps4 or has it to be tied to one console? I'v both consoles and I'd be interested in downloading some of the free games on both.

It works for both (as well as the Vita) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Deano7788 wrote: »
    It works for both (as well as the Vita) :)

Cool thanks :) I'l give it a try for 3 months so :) is the store down for anyone else at the moment as well?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Cool thanks :) I'l give it a try for 3 months so :) is the store down for anyone else at the moment as well?

Store usually goes doen when theres updates to ps+ content. Btw, the ps+ sub is an account setting, if that wasnt too clear to you before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It shows that Dont starve original price was 23eu and free for Ps+.... Are they really planing on Selling it for 23eu when on Pc it is about 5-6eu?

It's showing up as €13 for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Watching someone play Don't Starve and I don't know what to make of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

lertsnim wrote: »
    Watching someone play Don't Starve and I don't know what to make of it.

your not the only one. think i'll be deleting it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Varik wrote: »
    It's showing up as €13 for me.

In email it isays it was 23eu, then I checked website - 12.99eu. So I guess it was a Typo in email.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

In email it isays it was 23eu, then I checked website - 12.99eu. So I guess it was a Typo in email.

I've never gotten the emails on time and they usually show up about week later, not that is matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Sure look at the price of Angry Birds... 35 of your hard earned quids... And free on Android!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I like Don't Starve, even if it does borrow heavily from Minecraft to the point of theft!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Grayditch wrote: »
    I like Don't Starve, even if it does borrow heavily from Minecraft to the point of theft!

I would say it's more like Terraria. Still, I like it so far. Only lasted a day the first time I played it but the premise does seem interesting.

These are the types of games I like on PS+. Yes, the odd blockbuster is good but odds are I probably already played those. These unique, quirky games are perfect for the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Most people I know instantly disliked it. Because it wasn't in 3D and requires patience.

That sounds about right for most people.

Played 4 rounds of it I think. Last 2 Days the first 3 times and either 5 or 6 days the 4th time.

It's an interesting game that I reckon I will come back to just to see what else I can build and how far I can get. I found the enemies to be really tough, even with a spear. Attacking the likes of the Pig (you will lose a lot of health) and Tallbird (You will die :P) just wasn't worth. I also assumed you'd be able to throw the spear.

The animation and art design is awesome in it. Really liked the intro sequence and just looking around the game, it's a really cool looking place imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Rayman Legends is on the January sale now as well, couldn't recommend it enough, it's the best 2D platformer since Super Mario World imo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement