Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

krudler wrote: »
    Rayman Legends is on the January sale now as well, couldn't recommend it enough, it's the best 2D platformer since Super Mario World imo

+1 Legends and Origins are both fantastic platformers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Otacon wrote: »
    These are the types of games I like on PS+. Yes, the odd blockbuster is good but odds are I probably already played those. These unique, quirky games are perfect for the service.

Not to mention significantly friendlier towards slower internet connections
    *coughratchetandclankall4one16gigabytesareyouhavingalaughcough*

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Going to be some time before PS4 PS+ is anyway relevant or interesting I feel, easily a year away before some decent games come online for it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

TheDoc wrote: »
    Going to be some time before PS4 PS+ is anyway relevant or interesting I feel, easily a year away before some decent games come online for it

Around the time I plan on getting one methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I don't really agree with that.

If you mean triple A games then fair enough but in the first month we already got arguably the best PS4 exclusive in Resogun.

We'll still be getting a Driveclub + edition in the next few months too.

I'm pretty happy that they'll be offering Indie games... The Witness would be nice for free Sony... do it! :P

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »

If you mean triple A games then fair enough but in the first month we already got arguably the best PS4 exclusive in Resogun.

I'm pretty happy that they'll be offering Indie games... The Witness would be nice for free Sony... do it! :P

Tbf, I think an awful lot of people will judge the IGC by the amount of triple A games considering what they usually get with the PS3 but a lot of the most enjoyable games I got on the Vita were some of the little indie titles. Mind you some of them were pretty sh¡te as well.

I was checking in on the playstation blog over the last couple of weeks for the 12 deals and the january sale and the amount of people complaining there was no PS4 games in the sale was bizarre. Seriously, the console is only out a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Whats this Driveclub + edition you speak of...

Kev. wrote: »
    Whats this Driveclub + edition you speak of...

At first when Driveclub was a launch title they were going to give a Driveclub + edition instead of Resogun I believe.

I assume the + edition basically has less cars and tracks but I'd be very surprised if they didn't still release this when Driveclub comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Now downloading Borderlands 2. Thought we already got january's games on Dec 24th. Are they now trying to release them in the first week of the month?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

At first when Driveclub was a launch title they were going to give a Driveclub + edition instead of Resogun I believe.

Contrast replaced it on the PS+ IGC.
    I assume the + edition basically has less cars and tracks but I'd be very surprised if they didn't still release this when Driveclub comes out.

You are correct about the less cars and tracks, but it will have all of the same game modes the full thing has.

Shu Yoshida has already confirmed the the PS+ Edition will also still be released when the full game comes out too.

• Advertisement

Must really crack on with Contrast.. only played about 30 mins worth the first week or so I had the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

had a crack at DMC, it's mindless fun, looks really pretty in places aside from a few sections with screen tearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I recently bought a PS3. Is it still worth signing up to this with the PS4 now the main focus?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I recently bought a PS3. Is it still worth signing up to this with the PS4 now the main focus?

Yupp, the same subscription of PS+ works for PS3, PS4 & Vita so you're covered.

Have a google for a trial period if you wanna test it out first but well worth it for January's games alone on PS3. Borderlands 2 & DMC.

Absolutely.. in fact I would say even more so. The US got Bioshock Infinite this month which just makes me think it will continue.

Also I think publishers may be a bit more lenient since they will be shifting focus towards the PS4/XBO and may give "better" games free again.

"Better" probably isn't the correct term as there have been huge games like Borderlands, Red Dead, Deus Ex etc... but basically I'm saying I see it continuing.

I just got one recently but have a vita so I already have the PS Plus. It means that I instantly have about 5 games to play straight away for free and 2 extra games every month. There is a massive library of games to choose from for the PS3 so there's bound to be great games on it for the next while at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

krudler wrote: »
    had a crack at DMC, it's mindless fun, looks really pretty in places aside from a few sections with screen tearing.
    I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Remembering the different weapons that affect each enemy keeps it challenging enough when encountering a few different types at the one time, along with the seemingly endless amount of combos.

I'm kinda stuck at the moment. If anyone has any tips on beating the boss
    Mundus Spawn
    I'd be grateful to hear them. I don't seem to be doing him much damage :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Such joy when I started to play it and I realised it is the modern day equivalent of Defender.:)
    Such sadness when I realise how old that makes me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Remembering the different weapons that affect each enemy keeps it challenging enough when encountering a few different types at the one time, along with the seemingly endless amount of combos.

I'm kinda stuck at the moment. If anyone has any tips on beating the boss
    Mundus Spawn
    I'd be grateful to hear them. I don't seem to be doing him much damage :(

Quite a easy battle took me less then 2 mins to kill. What you need to do is look on the side for a red or blue point and use the Demaon or angel power and attack the week spot then wait to he drops and attack the front. When its time you pull out his mother and attack it and repeat. Should be fairly easy as long as you keep on evading his attacks on you.

DMC is a great game the CGI cut seems are great but the graphics are fairly dated after you play the PS4 thats the only thing at times it looks like a VITA game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I don't have a clue how to play don't starve. I lasted till day 6 before getting mauled by hounds in the middle of the day.

I don't know where to find the yellow rock to build the science machine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Quite a easy battle took me less then 2 mins to kill. What you need to do is look on the side for a red or blue point and use the Demaon or angel power and attack the week spot then wait to he drops and attack the front. When its time you pull out his mother and attack it and repeat. Should be fairly easy as long as you keep on evading his attacks on you.

DMC is a great game the CGI cut seems are great but the graphics are fairly dated after you play the PS4 thats the only thing at times it looks like a VITA game
    Nothing shabby about the graphics at all tbh. I think it's a fantastic looking game myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So how do you think Plus and Now will coexist? Discounts on subscription? Free access to certain games?

You may get a discount with plus but other than that I would say they will be pretty separate like Music Unlimited is.

Got around to some DMC... played the first 4 to 5 level.. really like it so far. What's surprised me most is the whole origins story to it. Wasn't really expecting anything but actually liked how they have put it together.

TGL has heard a rumour about next months PS+ games...

Bioshock Infinite - PS3
    Metro Last Light - PS3
    Outlast - PS4
    ModNation Racers and Dynasty Warriors - Vita

Seems a bit too good to be true. Almost picked up Bioshock a few months ago and Metro looks class aswell. Waiting fo Outlast since I first heard about!

RUMOUR HAS IT - Metro Last Light and BioShock Infinite will be added to Europe's PS Plus Service next month. PS4 users reportedly get Outlast. ModNation Racers and Dynasty Warriors Next are said to be made available for PlayStation Vita. Sony have yet to confirm this, so it's still just a rumour for now. Seeing as BioShock Infinite has been made available in the US on PS Plus, there's a good chance that Inifinite at the very least is Europe bound. Take a bow PS Plus. You're on a roll.

Source - https://www.facebook.com/TheGamingLiberty?fref=ts

Oh man Metro would be awesome.. although I'd love to play the first one before tackling the sequel.

The US Plus are getting Bioshock Infinite (or already have) this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

If we're getting Metro then I'm starting to think Sony is reading our minds somehow. I was only reading someone's article on their games of 2013 and Metro: Last Light was on it, I said to myself I must get that soon and give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

So quick question is there trophies in Dont Starve, finding it fun to run around, like granted I died on day three for punching a Beefalo in the face (YOLO)
    Found the same with War Thunder, might be sad but I always get into games with trophies :o

Don't starve has 10 trophies, 8 for unlocking characters. I think the first character unlocks after the 8 day.

Do ye do any scavenging at night or stay close to a fire? Also how long does it take for an animal to get trapped in a small animal trap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Don't starve has 10 trophies, 8 for unlocking characters. I think the first character unlocks after the 8 day.

Do ye do any scavenging at night or stay close to a fire? Also how long does it take for an animal to get trapped in a small animal trap?

I'm a bit of a pussy, I build my fire and stay put until the daytime and just hack away at trees and stuff that are near me.

Took me ages to cop on that you have to bait your traps with carrots and stuff or it's no good.

Does anyone know where to find the golden nugget for the science machine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I got that golden nugget randomly from breaking the big rocks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement