Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah ok, will use a carrot. I usually find gold nuggets handy enough around rocky areas but don't have a clue what the first science machine is for. I spose all part of the game learning what things do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

sheehy83 wrote: »
    TGL has heard a rumour about next months PS+ games...

Bioshock Infinite - PS3
    Metro Last Light - PS3
    Outlast - PS4
    ModNation Racers and Dynasty Warriors - Vita

Seems a bit too good to be true. Almost picked up Bioshock a few months ago and Metro looks class aswell. Waiting fo Outlast since I first heard about!

Source - https://www.facebook.com/TheGamingLiberty?fref=ts

2 FPS :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

I know, it's great! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I know, it's great! :D

I strongly disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

In fairness, 2 of the best last years fps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

More RPGs please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Finally finished Assassins Creed 3, damn you backlog.
    Walking dead next.
    Then Metal Gear Revengence.
    Devil May Cry.
    Then the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

astonaidan wrote: »
    So quick question is there trophies in Dont Starve, finding it fun to run around, like granted I died on day three for punching a Beefalo in the face (YOLO)
    Found the same with War Thunder, might be sad but I always get into games with trophies :o

I hit lucky in one game, found the remains of a beekeeper, all his gear and two bee bombs.

It was then I first came across a beefalo, used the bee bombs to kill one, loads of beef and wool off him, another had come to his aid and had taken a few stings himself,

I said I'd finish him off and live like a king, I died with one swish of his tail, greed the official cause of death.

4 days is still my best, but I have taken to walking around at night with torches and lighting things instead of my previous campfire habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I found Don't Starve really boring tbh. Played it for an hour and turned it off.

Contrast was fun. Something you'd finish in a few hours but pretty clever game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

Just looking at renewing my plus subscription, is the 365 uk packages different from the irish one? Will it work or would it mean I would have issues?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

phill106 wrote: »
    Just looking at renewing my plus subscription, is the 365 uk packages different from the irish one? Will it work or would it mean I would have issues?

The UK subscription is different from the Irish one.
    If you get the UK one, you will lose access to all the games in your Irish one.
    You will start a new sub., with the few games that are available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

F1ngers wrote: »
    The UK subscription is different from the Irish one.
    If you get the UK one, you will lose access to all the games in your Irish one.
    You will start a new sub., with the few games that are available now.

ewww no :)
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Guess im not really an indie game guy ...But wow i hated don't starve :/ like something that was super nintendo years back can't till plus starts giving us real games

Or even if they were like Resogun that was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Guess im not really an indie game guy ...But wow i hated don't starve :/ like something that was super nintendo years back can't till plus starts giving us real games

We only got Resogun a month ago! :P

Looks pretty likely that we'll be getting outlast next.. which is a horror game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone else here actually liking Don't Starve, I think it is a great little game, are people put off by the toughness of it or the concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Xenji wrote: »
    Anyone else here actually liking Don't Starve, I think it is a great little game, are people put off by the toughness of it or the concept.

For me I think it's I never get that feeling of 'I fancy a game of Don't Starve'. I think it's a really interesting concept but I don't really play long enough to get enjoyment out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Quick question. When I get a ps4(hopefully next month) will I have access to previous months ps+ games seeing as I'm already a subscriber?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Quick question. When I get a ps4(hopefully next month) will I have access to previous months ps+ games seeing as I'm already a subscriber?

You will, so long as you "purchased" them.

Tommy_NDX wrote: »

Just buy them on the PSN web store and you'll be able to download them once you get your PS4!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I like don't starve a lot, have unlocked 3 characters now and each character seems to have a very different mix in the world.

I didn't like Resogun at all, downloaded it because of what people on here were saying, played it once and that was it.

Good thing we are all different, the world would be a very boring place.

• Advertisement

Just finished DMC there and I have to say it was a load of fun. Lasted about 8 hours.

Combat is solid, platforming in it is decent and I actually enjoyed the story of it too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

'Indie games' are not a genre to be dismissed - it is simply a blanket term to refer to a huge range of smaller, low-budget games. There's a near endless variety of them, of all different styles and quality. Some are incredibly niche, others widely accessible.

And this is the way it should be. No one is under any obligation to like them all, but saying 'I'm not really an indie game guy' is kinda like saying 'I don't like foreign films' - it's grouping together a dizzying range of games that are in no way all classifiable under the same umbrella, barring their low-budget nature :) (funnily enough, it's usually the big budget ones that do tend to be more similar than the smaller ones). Personally, I'm thankful we're getting a variety of smaller games until the AAA back catalogue starts being doled out, and in fact I hope they stick with the smaller ones alongside the 'real' games. Even if I don't care for Don't Starve - and I haven't tried it yet - I'm much more interested in trying it than the inevitable freebie version of Killzone. Luckily PS+ has long balanced big name games with smaller ones - a trend we can only hope continues, especially with Sony's repeated vocal commitment to all things independent. After all, it's the main reason I'm excited by the potential of the slick black box sitting under my TV.

tok9 wrote: »
    Just finished DMC there and I have to say it was a load of fun. Lasted about 8 hours.

Combat is solid, platforming in it is decent and I actually enjoyed the story of it too.

Actually some things I just realised that detracted from the game.

It's very easy. I never felt particularly worried about dying in the game. I did die.. but since I had plenty of orbs to buy the gold ones it never worried me. I'd say I died 4 times in total.

Which leads on to the next point - Boss battles were too easy. Some were quite entertaining but still.

At times the framerate wasn't great.. I found that it slowed down a few times and it is one game which could have done with 60fps like MGR.

Still a really enjoyable game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

It's very easy. I never felt particularly worried about dying in the game. I did die.. but since I had plenty of orbs to buy the gold ones it never worried me. I'd say I died 4 times in total.

Which leads on to the next point - Boss battles were too easy. Some were quite entertaining but still.

At times the framerate wasn't great.. I found that it slowed down a few times and it is one game which could have done with 60fps like MGR.

Have you played it in the "Dante Must Die" difficulty yet? You'll die a lot more than 4 times there!

van_beano wrote: »
    Have you played it in the "Dante Must Die" difficulty yet? You'll die a lot more than 4 times there!

No and I'm sure I will but even still the same difficulty on DMC3 lets say was a lot tougher.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It's a pity about the framerate alright there's a shocking amount of judder and screen tearing in some sections too. Some of the areas look great like that demented fairground at the beginning and the overall presentation of it is fairly slick, it does look like demo footage at times though with textures being drawn in as cutscenes are loading and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

No and I'm sure I will but even still the same difficulty on DMC3 lets say was a lot tougher.

I'm only new to the series so I didn't have any previous experience with the game coming into it. There's two gimmicky difficulties after Dante Must Die witch are fun to play due to having unlimited Devil Triggers. Vergil at the end of Hell and Hell is difficult enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Finished it yesterday too. Actually saw you playing it which reminded me I was nearly finished it. Agree on the difficulty, played it on normal and didn't die til about the 15th mission. Thought the ending was a bit weak, it just didn't seem like a big enough reason for them to turn on each other. Feels like they could have easily agreed on some sort of peacekeeping deal but Dante(who didn't care about humanity) has a crush so now a Humans are awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Just finished it there and thought it was great fun. Enjoyable story and I never got tired with or annoyed at the combat. Was fully ready to delete it as soon as the story was finished but I'm gonna leave it there for a while and see if I can grab some more collectibles and Bloody Palace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Outlast confirmed for all PS4 users. Prepare to **** your pants

Edge review

http://www.edge-online.com/review/outlast-review/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement