Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I absolutely cannot wait for Outlast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

When can we expect it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Not sure, they just posted it up on their FB. Should be the 1st but Don't Starve wasn't out until the 7th so who knows

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=461313603980612&set=a.306065699505404.64003.283579218420719&type=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Do I think Outlast will have a really cool premise? Yes

Do I think it will have well-implemented game mechanics? Yes

Do I think it will have some truly excellent gameplay moments? Yes

Will I actually play it even if it's free? HELL TO THE NO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

RasTa wrote: »
    Not sure, they just posted it up on their FB. Should be the 1st but Don't Starve wasn't out until the 7th so who knows

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=461313603980612&set=a.306065699505404.64003.283579218420719&type=1

Don't Starve was a delayed release for Plus. Everything else went up on Christmas Eve. I'd say they'll be putting them up on the last Wednesday of the month. It'll probably be up on the blog on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Don't Starve was a delayed release for Plus. Everything else went up on Christmas Eve. I'd say they'll be putting them up on the last Wednesday of the month. It'll probably be up on the blog on Wednesday.

As in January 29th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Deedsie wrote: »
    As in January 29th?

Yeah, should be the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I played outlast on my PC I had a few errors at parts but made my way through the game I ran it on the low settings though so it will be nice to have this on the PS4 on the highest visuals and its free then Christ im in for another go around this game was insane

STRICT RULES FOR PLAYING THOUGH!!! lol

1. play at night in pitch black
    2. earphones or surround sound really high
    3. play alone ((no voice chat while playing, no distractions ))

stick some black tape over that light-bar on the DS4 pad LOL or actually that might add to the game since it can create slight shadow effects around a pitch black room HA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

biggebruv wrote: »
    STRICT RULES FOR PLAYING THOUGH!!! lol

1. play at night in pitch black
    2. earphones or surround sound really high
    3. play alone ((no voice chat while playing, no distractions ))

stick some black tape over that light-bar on the DS4 pad LOL or actually that might add to the game since it can create slight shadow effects around a pitch black room HA

Any chance you could connect your lighting to the speakers so you get flashes of light with loud noises? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I think we need to get a party of 8 and livestream it! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I didn't buy Dead Space for years because the premise of it terrified me. Outlast seems to be on a whole new level:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ZeroBarry

tok9 wrote: »
    I think we need to get a party of 8 and livestream it! :P

My Girlfriend and her best friend will be playing Outlast live on twitch when its available: http://www.twitch.tv/2gurlz1game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I didn't buy Dead Space for years because the premise of it terrified me. Outlast seems to be on a whole new level:eek:

outlast is very creepy but like everything else the more you play it the more you learn how these monsters work then you begin to get used to them and are less scary

but the location of the game, effects and lighting are all what really gives it the edge

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone playing Borderlands 2 want some Legendary weapons?

Would prefer to trade for other legendary weapons, but for you lot I'll give them out for free. I don't have many and most are only mid 40s and a few 50s and one low level legendary shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone playing Borderlands 2 want some Legendary weapons?

Would prefer to trade for other legendary weapons, but for you lot I'll give them out for free. I don't have many and most are only mid 40s and a few 50s and one low level legendary shield.

Every storage space available to me is occupied by a legendary or a Blue with red writing. I'll happily loadup my character and throw em out so you can sift through em :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Expected the next games to be announced today or this week sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Every storage space available to me is occupied by a legendary or a Blue with red writing. I'll happily loadup my character and throw em out so you can sift through em :p

Give me a shout when you're back on the PS3

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Expected the next games to be announced today or this week sometime.

A comment on today's store update post
    Posted on 15 January, 2014 at 3:11 pm by Fred Dutton

We’ll be announcing February’s IGC update next week.

Link (sixth comment)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭tigger123

Hi guys, total newb question.

I signed up for PlayStation Plus so I could play Battlefield 4 on PS4 online, but I just realized that I can download free games for my PS3 and PS4 with the subscription ... am I right?! Is there any limit to the number if games you can download from the Plus library?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You can only download the free games that are in the instant game collection. They only stay about a month and after that are removed and you can no longer get them for free.

You can download the current PS4, PS3 and vita games.

Starting to realise it's the best €50 you ever spent in gaming ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Not picking on you spefically tigger but can people please read the OP, nearly all the questions are answered there. I'll answer to show I'm not being a bollox to you. Since you only just signed up you can only access this months free games, there's no back catalogue of the games which were free all last year. But there is no limit no.

You can "purchase" games without actually downloading them, that way the remain in your downloads list and stay free even when they go back to the normal price.

tigger123 wrote: »
    Hi guys, total newb question.

I signed up for PlayStation Plus so I could play Battlefield 4 on PS4 online, but I just realized that I can download free games for my PS3 and PS4 with the subscription ... am I right?! Is there any limit to the number if games you can download from the Plus library?

Cheers!

The first post of this thread answers all of your questions.

The answer is yes, you do get to download free games. The library you get to choose from changes each month across all platforms. So long as you 'purchase' those games (go through the checkout process on the store and add them to your account), they are yours for the duration of your subscription.

If you just joined, you are entitled to all of the games in the January Instant Games Collection (some titles only change yearly too). Next month, you can also add the February games.

I would suggest you add all games to your list - even ones on platforms you don't own. For instance, if you do get a Vita in future, you will have a shed load of games already 'bought'.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You can only download the free games that are in the instant game collection. They only stay about a month and after that are removed and you can no longer get them for free.

You can download the current PS4, PS3 and vita games.

Starting to realise it's the best €50 you ever spent in gaming ? :D

Seems like a pretty sweet deal alright, am always looking for new and different types of games, cheers! :D

Otacon wrote: »
    The first post of this thread answers all of your questions.

The answer is yes, you do get to download free games. The library you get to choose from changes each month across all platforms. So long as you 'purchase' those games (go through the checkout process on the store and add them to your account), they are yours for the duration of your subscription.

If you just joined, you are entitled to all of the games in the January Instant Games Collection (some titles only change yearly too). Next month, you can also add the February games.

I would suggest you add all games to your list - even ones on platforms you don't own. For instance, if you do get a Vita in future, you will have a shed load of games already 'bought'.

Thanks for the response. I read through that post but was unsure whether it was still accurate, as its pre PS4 and is also four years old.

Cheers for the response though, am looking for something to play with my gf that isn't BF4 or Pro Evo!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

tigger123 wrote: »
    Thanks for the response. I read through that post but was unsure whether it was still accurate, as its pre PS4 and is also four years old.

Cheers for the response though, am looking for something to play with my gf that isn't BF4 or Pro Evo!

Look at the bottom of the first post.
    Last edited by F1ngers; 28-05-2013 at 19:26. Reason: FAQ added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

In hindsight I should have got PS Plus before the release off PS4, since Ive spent most off the time downloading games available on PS3 since I got it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

astonaidan wrote: »
    In hindsight I should have got PS Plus before the release off PS4, since Ive spent most off the time downloading games available on PS3 since I got it :o

Yeah, we hear that a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CVG have reported that Driveclub has been delayed past February in Japan, where it was due to be a PS4 launch title.

There was no new release date announced for the PAL region the last time it was delayed here, but this doesn't bode well for us to be getting our Plus Version any time soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

DMC, do I need to have played the others to enjoy the storyline

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

astonaidan wrote: »
    DMC, do I need to have played the others to enjoy the storyline

I certainly wouldn't recommend playing any Devil May Cry game for the storyline :pac: They're never anything more than generally nonsensical background for the pure action, although some of the cutscenes in DMC3 were pleasingly ridiculous.

DMC is sort of a reboot anyway so it wouldn't really matter bar maybe a fan reference or two. But overall narrative has never been the series' strong point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement