Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JDM Jack

I redeemed my PS Plus trial on PS4 on Christmas Day, since then I haven't purchased it ( it's obviously expired by now) except I can still play online FIFA matches? Can anyone shed some light on this, as I thought Plus was a necessity for online gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

JDM Jack wrote: »
    I redeemed my PS Plus trial on PS4 on Christmas Day, since then I haven't purchased it ( it's obviously expired by now) except I can still play online FIFA matches? Can anyone shed some light on this, as I thought Plus was a necessity for online gaming.

Is it a month free trail or 2 weeks? Was probably a month. So if you try to play online this weekend it won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JDM Jack

Is it a month free trail or 2 weeks? Was probably a month. So if you try to play online this weekend it won't work.

It was for two weeks, or atleast that's what was displayed in the Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

how do you redeem that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

how do you redeem that

Only if it's your very first time signing up to PS+, it's automatic.

• Advertisement

Only if it's your very first time signing up to PS+, it's automatic.

yeah i only got 2 days free trial is that normal

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

JDM Jack wrote: »

If you've got your credit card details stored on your system, it could have automatically renewed it when it expired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Thats actually incredibly good value. Screw this, I'm getting another PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

cloud493 wrote: »
    Thats actually incredibly good value. Screw this, I'm getting another PS3.

I did around 4 months ago - with all the freebies and reductions figure it's paid for itself or is close to doing so. Loving PS+ :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Taltos wrote: »
    I did around 4 months ago - with all the freebies and reductions figure it's paid for itself or is close to doing so. Loving PS+ :)

I sold my PS3....but i am gonna get a new one in the Summer, i think we might see another hardware revision on the PS3....Super duper slim.....?

Smyths have it for 170 with a free game, very good deal!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

jenjenten wrote: »
    I sold my PS3....but i am gonna get a new one in the Summer, i think we might see another hardware revision on the PS3....Super duper slim.....?

Smyths have it for 170 with a free game, very good deal!

It's a 12GB one so it's going to be useless for Plus unless you get a HD to stick in it. I got one in Tesco a couple of weeks ago for 80 euros - they seemed to be clearing out a lot of their Sony stock - and picked up a 500 HD drive and carriage for another 75 odd euros on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I bought a lightly used 250gb slim with a lightly used DS3 off adverts for €100 just to play my PS+ games and getting platinum trophies. I sold my 120gb after I got my PS4 and quickly regretted it.

There are cracking PS3 deals on Adverts right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Ok so I was playing Fifa and then got a message saying suscribe to PS Plus to avail off this option, I have it for another few months anyone know what the story is

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

astonaidan wrote: »
    Ok so I was playing Fifa and then got a message saying suscribe to PS Plus to avail off this option, I have it for another few months anyone know what the story is

What option and who was the message from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

F1ngers wrote: »
    What option and who was the message from?
    The section where you play with your online pro, like it only started happening five mins before I posted, was sound all day

whats the the story with story with psn when is it coming back online

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

astonaidan wrote: »
    The section where you play with your online pro, like it only started happening five mins before I posted, was sound all day

PSN maintenance. Same thing happened to my brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Is blacklight retribution any use without having to buy zcoins?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

I just applied a 1 years ps plus card to my ps4. I've noticed that the extra days don't apply to my ps3 as well. Do I have to buy another one for my ps3 too?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I just applied a 1 years ps plus card to my ps4. I've noticed that the extra days don't apply to my ps3 as well. Do I have to buy another one for my ps3 too?

PSN is going through maintenance so it probably won't show on your ps3 until its finished

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

shouldn't do. are you using the same account on both for sure? mine's loaded til 2017 on both machines

Well I didn't just apply it. Applied it about a week ago. Yeah I'm using same account for both. Showing over 300 days on ps4 and 30 on ps3. Bit odd. I'll check again now and see.

Nah still the same. 390 on ps4 30 on ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Where are you seeing the days left? If it's in the info for games, you have to run them each once more for them to pick up their new license info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I like Blacklight Retribution. I've been playing a bit on and off and never parted with cash for coins. The playing field is level enough even with the basic standard weapons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I like Blacklight Retribution. I've been playing a bit on and off and never parted with cash for coins. The playing field is level enough even with the basic standard weapons.

RangeR wrote: »
    Where are you seeing the days left? If it's in the info for games, you have to run them each once more for them to pick up their new license info.

Oh really? Stupid me. Didn't know you had to run them once for it to pick up. I'll try that now.

That didn't work. Think there's something wrong with my account. I'll have to contact sony.

• I thought that bioshock infinite and metro were getting added today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I thought that bioshock infinite and metro were getting added today

Should be tomorrow with the usual Wednesday update.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement