Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Checked the Store as they usually change the prices there before amending the PS+ IGC page but both BI and Metro are still showing their old prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

That didn't work. Think there's something wrong with my account. I'll have to contact sony.

go into services and check your playstation plus subscription date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

COYVB wrote: »
    go into services and check your playstation plus subscription date

Says expires in 2015 which is right. Also picks up the 12 month sub I entered. Just isn't saying the remaining days in the games info on my ps3. But does not my ps4.Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Tell me this, with BioShock And metro be available on the ps4 with PS plus? For free?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Tell me this, with BioShock And metro be available on the ps4 with PS plus? For free?

No, they are PS3 games so they won't work with PS4 and those 2 games don't have any PS4 versions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

PS3 250GB with GTA V and the last of us for 120 euros off adverts, cracker :) now to start the downloading////

• Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

so it appears to own a ps4 and not sign up is lunacy so will sign up this weekend,

is there anyway way to pay $50 instead of €50 or is it just a case of sucking it up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Cyrus wrote: »
    so it appears to own a ps4 and not sign up is lunacy so will sign up this weekend,

is there anyway way to pay $50 instead of €50 or is it just a case of sucking it up

Contact this guy.

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/playstation-network-card-50-euro/3590404

You must use an " IE " voucher for an Irish account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Cyrus wrote: »

You can pay in dollars for the American sub but to be honest, I've found the European offering better. If you do opt for dollars, everything has to go through the US store after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

the games are up now if you search for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

cloud493 wrote: »
    PS3 250GB with GTA V and the last of us for 120 euros off adverts, cracker :) now to start the downloading////

Sweet deal. I can't figure out why people would be selling off their PS3 at the moment like that but that's quids in for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Damn I've downloaded stuff on PSN for my PS3 and simply not touched ANY of them.

Must start getting through them, and to be honest must go finish the PS4 games I have, found myself entranced by Fifa 14 Ultimate team on PS4 :D

Bit tough though considering I moved the PS3 into the main room to be used as a blu ray player, need to find a way to kick her out of there :D

(Or maybe convince her to play them )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Hi.

I got the 14 day trial for Playstation Plus, which will expire on 11/02/2014. When setting up, it seemed to imply that it will default to the monthly subscriptions after that, with monthly deductions from the Card Number on my profile.

I will most likely want to go to the Annual Subscription €50. What (and when) should I do to ensure that it switches to the annual rather than the monthly ?

Thanks
    eigrod

eigrod wrote: »
    Hi.

I got the 14 day trial for Playstation Plus, which will expire on 11/02/2014. When setting up, it seemed to imply that it will default to the monthly subscriptions after that, with monthly deductions from the Card Number on my profile.

I will most likely want to go to the Annual Subscription €50. What (and when) should I do to ensure that it switches to the annual rather than the monthly ?

Thanks
    eigrod

I was getting the 3 month sub manually and it now automatically updates every 3 months. Maybe if you manually get the annual sub over the next couple of days, it should default to an annual sub afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just finished downloading Metro and Bioshock, the only problem now is deciding which one to play first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

I was getting the 3 month sub manually and it now automatically updates every 3 months. Maybe if you manually get the annual sub over the next couple of days, it should default to an annual sub afterwards.

Thanks for the reply. Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'manually'. Should I ring them up to set up an annual sub effective from the first day after the free trial expires ?

eigrod wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'manually'. Should I ring them up to set up an annual sub effective from the first day after the free trial expires ?

Sorry, I just meant going on to the Playstation Store and purchasing it there. That's what I did the first couple of times. Now I just let it update itself automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Anyone played Brothers a tale of two sons

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

weiland79 wrote: »
    Anyone played Brothers a tale of two sons

Ya, it's excellent. Only about 2-4 hours long but I really liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

tok9 wrote: »
    Ya, it's excellent. Only about 2-4 hours long but I really liked it.
    Second this, my favourite game off the year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

playing Metro now, very Stalker-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

krudler wrote: »
    playing Metro now, very Stalker-ish.

Both games share a lot of the the same staff, quite a few moved to 4A games after GSC closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Competition from Sony EU to win a 3 month PS+ subscription

https://psplus.software.eu.playstation.com/en_GB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Competition from Sony EU to win a 3 month PS+ subscription

https://psplus.software.eu.playstation.com/en_GB

Ooooooooooooooooooo. That's going to bite some of them.
    The subscription Prize shall automatically renew and each Winner shall be charged a recurring subscription fee on a three (3) monthly basis

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

RangeR wrote: »
    Ooooooooooooooooooo. That's going to bite some of them.

In the same T&C's. Same as any ps+ sub

14. The subscription Prize shall automatically renew and each Winner shall be charged a recurring subscription fee on a three (3) monthly basis unless:
    a) the Winner cancels their subscription prior to the end of the free trial period;
    b) there is no credit or debit card attached to the Winner's SEN account; or
    c) there are insufficient funds in the Winner's SEN wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

sheehy83 wrote: »
    In the same T&C's. Same as any ps+ sub

14. The subscription Prize shall automatically renew and each Winner shall be charged a recurring subscription fee on a three (3) monthly basis unless:
    a) the Winner cancels their subscription prior to the end of the free trial period;
    b) there is no credit or debit card attached to the Winner's SEN account; or
    c) there are insufficient funds in the Winner's SEN wallet.

I know that. Doesn't change the fact that it's a lousy condition for a competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Xenji wrote: »
    Both games share a lot of the the same staff, quite a few moved to 4A games after GSC closed down.

apparently the DLC for this is half price for ps plus peeps. Mixed to good reviews but one section in particular is supposed to be very Stalker-ish (open plan roaming etc) and I'll probably buy it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sweetie wrote: »
    apparently the DLC for this is half price for ps plus peeps. Mixed to good reviews but one section in particular is supposed to be very Stalker-ish (open plan roaming etc) and I'll probably buy it.

Even better than half price, get the season pass for €3.75 and you get the faction pack, tower pack, developer pack and and the chronicles pack for "free".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

F1ngers wrote: »
    Even better than half price, get the season pass for €3.75 and you get the faction pack, tower pack, developer pack and and the chronicles pack for "free".

I like the idea of season passes but I hate having to try to figure out what is and isn't included. Is it worth it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement