Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'd best wait so! Its the only one I'm missing from that entire list.

It's the only one I've already bought on psn :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

With the exception of Dissidia may get all of them, wanted war of the lions when it came out but it was sold out everywhere i looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Don't touch Dissidia, get the sequel Dissidia 012 Duodecim! :D

It has the ENTIRE original game built into it, for what, an extra €6?

I've put at least 50/60 hours into both.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It has been over four years since gamers had a new Simpsons console title to play, but that's changing next week when The Simpsons Arcade Game launches on the PlayStation Network.

Today, Sony announced that The Simpsons Arcade Game will launch on the PSN on February 7 as a free game download for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Sony did not note if the game will be made available to non-PlayStation Plus users.

An HD overhaul of the 1991 original beat-'em-up title, the game lets players control Homer, Marge, Lisa, and Bart, and pummel foes through a series of side-scrolling levels. Four-player online co-op has also been confirmed for the game.

The game was first teased in November, when a listing with the Australian government pegged the title for a multiplatform release. Presently, the game has been announced only for the PSN.

Electronic Arts released an iOS version of The Simpsons Arcade Game in 2009, but the most recent console Simpsons title was The Simpsons Game, which was released in 2007 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, DS, PlayStation 2, and PSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Its finally begun, we have PS2 games on the PSN store as of yesterday. Haven't tried it out yet, will report back with details of quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Currently installing SSX On Tour.

FINALLY people will see where I get my username from!

Far Cry 2 for free ain't half bad either. :D

Currently installing SSX On Tour.

FINALLY people will see where I get my username from!

More fun than one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

RedXIV wrote: »
    Its finally begun, we have PS2 games on the PSN store as of yesterday. Haven't tried it out yet, will report back with details of quality.

Would be nice to see some Timesplitters put onto the PSN.
    Good times with those games.

Ah Far Cry 2, could have been such a great game, stupid decisions ruined it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

just got a ps3 lads is playstation plus worth 50 euro a year??

• Advertisement

I personally would say yes. I've played games I wouldn't have played previously and found some gem's I wouldn't have found any other way. And it really adds up after a while, I've just under 100 games downloaded now from Playstation plus, and I reckon about 70 of them were free.

I've had Plus for about a month now and love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I got it purely for the backup feature. My last playstation went tits up, wish i signed up for playstation plus earlier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I got it purely for the backup feature. My last playstation went tits up, wish i signed up for playstation plus earlier :(

Yes, it does give good piece of mind. My PS3 went [software] tits up a year ago. Just before the online saves game in. The thoughts of starting Burnout Paradise again gave me nightmares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

RangeR wrote: »
    Yes, it does give good piece of mind. My PS3 went [software] tits up a year ago. Just before the online saves game in. The thoughts of starting Burnout Paradise again gave me nightmares.

I had hundreds of hours of Gran Turismo played. Level 40 b spec, 37 a, all premium cars modfied, every half decent standard car too. Lost it all :mad:
    After that I said I'd get ps+.
    I know you can back up onto a usb, but i can't be arsed.

Are the splinter cell HD games worth it off PSN, there €5 each so it's cheaper than amazon.

Only played one of them a bit and had one on PC that i got free with some part,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Varik wrote: »
    Are the splinter cell HD games worth it off PSN, there €5 each so it's cheaper than amazon.

I remember the first one being good - not too sure about the other two.
    Will probably buy the first one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Varik wrote: »

Fantastic games all round. All three. Every game is better than the last. have them on both PC and PS3, also PS2 too.
    http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/splinter-cell-trilogy-hd-collection/10239117.html
    Here it is on Zavvi for about €16/17. Might be slightly dearer but I'd happily pay that for the physical copy in my hand. It's been as low as €12 before. Either way, it's worth your money.
    Chaos Theory, although the multiplayer is not included, is almost perfection. Such a great game. Like I said, the next game is better than the last.

Free this week

Resident Evil 2
    Resident Evil 3
    Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix only free in Germany

50% discount on Killzone 3 multiplayer

ShaneU wrote: »
    Free this week

Resident Evil 2
    Resident Evil 3
    Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

50% discount on Killzone 3 multiplayer

I should probably take advantage of this and finally try the resident evil series out

• Advertisement

Never played any of the Resident Evil games but always meant to get around to them. Looking forward to downloading them.

http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219878p1.html
    If IGN's review of Journey got you all hot and bothered but the idea of waiting until the game's March 13th release date sounds like torture, Sony is coming to the rescue. Next week, PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to download Journey along with a bonus dynamic theme. There's no price break, but you are getting the title a week early. If you're not a PlayStation Plus member, you can still preorder the game off the PlayStation Store and get the same theme.

Hasn't been announced for Europe yet

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Been trying to decide if i should get this or not, so I would like to ask the community, do you think it is worth getting? I know its not essential etc but I kinda like the idea they give x amount of stuff to you for paying a subscription either every 3 months or year.

Also in the communities opinion, which would be the better choice? a 1 year or 3 month one

Thanks all in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Since this is a Playstation specific question, it would be better suited to that forum.
    I'll move it there now.

Whoops! My apologies, and thank you for moving it

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Had it before getting rid of my PS3 and it was well worth it. You'd easily get value for money with the amount of stuff they throw at you - this week subscribers are getting Trine 2 for free.

Just bought a Vita and I'm hoping they extend it to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Well worth it. In the past month I've gotten Far Cry 2, Back to the Future, Final Fantasy V, Resident Evil 2 and 3 plus some other stuff like Arc the Lad, some themes and discounts on Final Fantasy VIII and IX. All for 15e

Had it before getting rid of my PS3 and it was well worth it. You'd easily get value for money with the amount of stuff they throw at you - this week subscribers are getting Trine 2 for free.

Just bought a Vita and I'm hoping they extend it to that.

Aye I have a Vita so I'm hoping they solve whatever issues they're having with the mini's but as I also have a ps3 I'm not too bothered either. I read somewhere that users next week are getting a street fighter and a sly racoon too which has me interested as sly was awesome on the ps2

EJ22 wrote: »
    Been trying to decide if i should get this or not, so I would like to ask the community, do you think it is worth getting? I know its not essential etc but I kinda like the idea they give x amount of stuff to you for paying a subscription either every 3 months or year.

Also in the communities opinion, which would be the better choice? a 1 year or 3 month one

Thanks all in advance

It's well worth it. I've had it since day 1 and have about 120 games from it. And some gems that I would never have played otherwise. Trust me, it's well worth it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

If you have the time to use it then it's definitely worth it. If you only get to play PS3 every now and then, you're better off without it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement