Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

jenjenten wrote: »
    outlast is due today on ps4...isnnyt it?

No, I think Wednesday. Enough time to order extra bog-roll on the weekly shop :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

nocoverart wrote: »
    No, I think Wednesday. Enough time to order extra bog-roll on the weekly shop :o

Been playing it on PC in 30 min sessions!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It's IMO important to view plus as a supplement to the games you buy, rather than a full-on replacement. If everyone suddenly decided to stop buying games and just wait for the PS Plus release instead, well then that would be a very dangerous mindset indeed that could potentially have a knock on effect on the quality and commercial viability of certain game. It's still important to buy interesting, high quality games and support the developers (although Sony are making that ****ing difficult on PS4 at the moment!). None of us can (well, maybe some of you can :pac:) afford to buy everything, and to me PS Plus is a way to experience a good few games you might have missed or simply not gotten around to. But I'll still buy and play games I really want to, and won't feel hard done by if they pop up on Plus a few months later. And even though the benefits of the service definitively outweigh the negatives at the moment, it's still nice to have a physical collection you know you'll be able to play regardless of whatever happens to Plus in the future.

Exactly, I'll still buy copies of games as I like owning the discs, I've curbed buying physical movies a lot due to netflix/itunes etc. but I do like owning copies of games that I might replay, I would have never bought Metro 2033 but had a play of it and it's ok, something to jump into down the road (and between replaying Dark Souls 2 :pac: ) Plus is great for getting stuff you missed on release or didn't bother with for whatever reason, and if you have a Vita it's even more good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'm playing Metro Light as a warmup towards Outlast.

2am, lights out, headphones. Bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gibreel

still not sign of Outlast on the store??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Gibreel wrote: »

It's usually about 12 that they go live for Plus, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Gibreel wrote: »

Thought it would have been there by yesterday, one to play under the duvet in that weather.... :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

It should be in the Store by about 3pm.

Is usually the time EU gets their Store update.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Wolf Among Us Season Pass half Price, I'll be having some of that! All the Resi's but 4 boooooo. Also The Last of Us for 30 is tempting, raging I traded it in.

Also Hotline Miami for 2.70 and cross buy is a must for everyone who hasn't played it.

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The Wolf Among Us Season Pass half Price, I'll be having some of that! All the Resi's but 4 boooooo. Also The Last of Us for 30 is tempting, raging I traded it in.

Also Hotline Miami for 2.70 and cross buy is a must for everyone who hasn't played it.

I've been meaning to pick up Stick it to the Man for a while so at that price it's a definite. I'll be picking up Tearaway and Last of Us at that price too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Otacon wrote: »
    Not on the UK store yet.

It's there, you just gotta go in and wait for the PS4 to update it in the background, which is going slow at the moment, and even the download is going slow and I'm on a 50mb/s connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Just picked up a PS3 on the cheap. Is there somewhere I can see a list of the available games for download if I subscribe for the first time today?? I want Uncharted and Bio-shock Infinite :D

I'm new to this PlayStation world after many years on the Xbox.

Just picked up a PS3 on the cheap. Is there somewhere I can see a list of the available games for download if I subscribe for the first time today?? I want Uncharted and Bio-shock Infinite :D

All current offers here

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/games/psplus

You can log in and 'buy' these games once it says free if you have PS+ and you won't be charged for them. The you can start a remote download to your PS3 or just log into PS3, got to account settings and download list and download your games from there once they have been 'purchased' in the store.

One of Us....One of Us

How big's your hard drive? Make sure you have unlimited broadband as well :)

Also when you're downloading Uncharted 3, there's an annoying problem with it that means you have to do two separate downloads and the final thing takes up nearly 30GB.

Solution is on this page:
    http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Support/Uncharted-3-ps-plus-issue/m-p/19132478#M21141

Also check out the February Sale. Some good offers on there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

For anyone still waiting for outlast if it's not showing up, just do a search for it and it'll pop up no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Outlast is a bit scarey to be honest... My heart cant take it! Even in day time.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Outlast is freaking scary, but absolutely LOVE IT!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

What kinda file size is Outlast guys?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    What kinda file size is Outlast guys?

4gb with a small update file also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Not bad. Cheers

Just played the opening of Outlast but this is my kind of game!! Don't play this in front of anyone because you will only look like a fool jumping at the 1st 'scary bit' b@stard! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

played about 30 minutes of it and damn near sh!t my pants three or four times. Christ it's intense.

How long is it over all?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Roar wrote: »
    played about 30 minutes of it and damn near sh!t my pants three or four times. Christ it's intense.

How long is it over all?

Can be beaten in a hour if you speed through it, but for a first run about 5 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

How long if you keep your eyes closed the entire time?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

I think I must have played too many survival horrors. Outlast hasn't done anything for me. Played it for a while but it all just felt too choreographed. Could predict every time something was going to happen. I only got as far as
    turning on the generator
    because I was starting late so I'll give it another shot later and see if it picks up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I think I must have played too many survival horrors. Outlast hasn't done anything for me. Played it for a while but it all just felt too choreographed. Could predict every time something was going to happen. I only got as far as
    turning on the generator
    because I was starting late so I'll give it another shot later and see if it picks up a bit.

After about an hour or so in the scare factor was pretty much gone for me and it started to feel like a haunted house ride, or like the nightmare realm in cork.

That first hour was pretty terrifying though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I played about 30mins last night with the kids watching(11-13). They thought it was just like Bioshock without guns. A guy ran at me with a bar while I was trying to turn on the genny and bet my head in. I did'nt know what to do...so I turned it off.

I might play it again sometime, I found it kinda boring.

It's still free though, Thats good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement