Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Spoilers please...

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Outlast is awesome! I started livestreaming it yesterday and had 650 viewers at one point! Seems people like watching someone play it rather than playing it themselves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's atmospheric but it's not '**** your pants, turn off the console and throw it out the window' scary. The first hour offered a few decent, creepy surprises
    (the most effective perhaps being have to walk past the braindead TV watchers)
    but the way people are talking about it online is totally out of proportion with what it actually is.

The game itself is quite good - I really like the way they utilise the video camera as a key gameplay tool, even if the battery use feels overly contrived. Filming notable scenes is a particularly cool sort of 'collectible', although the liberal supplies of written notes is very Bioshock alright. Having to sneak around patrolling inmates is more awkward than scary (especially if they see you) so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Klair88 wrote: »
    Outlast is awesome! I started livestreaming it yesterday and had 650 viewers at one point! Seems people like watching someone play it rather than playing it themselves.

Now THAT could be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

RangeR wrote: »
    Now THAT could be fun.

It was amazing. Had 7000 comments and everyone was flooding it when scary parts happened! Had a lot of good banter with them. Some people watched me for hours. A good stream was had by all! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I played about 30mins last night with the kids watching(11-13). They thought it was just like Bioshock without guns. A guy ran at me with a bar while I was trying to turn on the genny and bet my head in. I did'nt know what to do...so I turned it off.

I might play it again sometime, I found it kinda boring.

It's still free though, Thats good.

mmmm :eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

sweetie wrote: »
    mmmm :eek: :(

Their like old boot leather :p.

I got to see a few jumps out of them ,but they where alright with the game ...the missis on the other hand legged it on the opening scene in the car :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Just downloaded Outlast.......

I started playing.. Climbed up the scaffolding ....

Went into the window.....

Lights went off and music got louder.....

Game got turned off.. and I wont be playing that again !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,183 ✭✭✭batistuta9

NeVeR wrote: »
    Just downloaded Outlast.......

I started playing.. Climbed up the scaffolding ....

Went into the window.....

Lights went off and music got loaded.....

Game got turned off.. and I wont be playing that again !!!

you should be well used to horror games watching man united every week recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Klair88 wrote: »

I thought of that after playing it for about 2 hours but then cleared it and didn't bother, but yeah it would be cool watching some streamers reaction to some of the scares.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Decided to give DMC a run today had it downloaded so thought why not, enjoyed it for the time I was playing it so will most likely finish it another day.
    Then started playing Xcom which has left me heart broken, everytime I make a guy my favourite he ends up dying :(, Ive only 1 out off my original fantastic four left so Ive decided never to play the game again so that he lives forever.
    Funny how someone says its better watch Outlast that play it, I thought it was only me doing that, I was reading a book and casually watching my bro play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

astonaidan wrote: »
    Decided to give DMC a run today had it downloaded so thought why not, enjoyed it for the time I was playing it so will most likely finish it another day.
    Then started playing Xcom which has left me heart broken, everytime I make a guy my favourite he ends up dying :(, Ive only 1 out off my original fantastic four left so Ive decided never to play the game again so that he lives forever.
    Funny how someone says its better watch Outlast that play it, I thought it was only me doing that, I was reading a book and casually watching my bro play,
    the guy in the wheel chair scared the life out off me
    :o
    Seriously lads, the whole premise of the game is creeping you out and catching you off guard with scares, luckily enough I've passed this part but I'd be well pissed off if I hadn't and knew to expect something.

You should use the Spoiler Tag if you're gonna talk about the game and it's plot and happenings, it's only fair to those who have not played yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Funny how someone says its better watch Outlast that play it, I thought it was only me doing that, I was reading a book and casually watching my bro play, the guy in the wheel chair scared the life out off me :o

If you really want XCom to be nerve racking, name all the members of your squad after friends and members of your family. You'll really want to keep them alive then! Myself and a good friend played it at the same time a few months ago, I was in his squad and he in mine. We kept updating each other on the exploits and abilities gained of our alter-egos. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    If you really want XCom to be nerve racking, name all the members of your squad after friends and members of your family. You'll really want to keep them alive then! Myself and a good friend played it at the same time a few months ago, I was in his squad and he in mine. We kept updating each other on the exploits and abilities gained of our alter-egos. :)

Yeah, you have to have friends to do that........

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Outlast stuff;
    Those two naked cannibals....Jesus Christ
    And the necrophiliac scene is one of the most disturbing I have ever seen in gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Those two naked cannibals....Jesus Christ
    And the necrophiliac scene is one of the most disturbing I have ever seen in gaming.

I think if you're going to have spoilers like that you should probably name the game. You have to look at the spoilers to figure out what you might be talking about which kind of ruins it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Sorry guys thought I had clicked spoilers :o

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

F**kin' jaysus - sitting by the window, in this storm, + Outlast - i need a bottle of whiskey.

Also is it just me or does the glow from the DS4 in a dark room really add to the atmosphere?

I don't know if I'll be able to manage much more of this :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Right so just got a PS4 today, and havent the money to buy plus at the minute. Tried activating the trial but started asking for CC details which I dont wanna enter incase it renews it straight away without me realising, any way I can activate the trial without entering in CC details??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Right so just got a PS4 today, and havent the money to buy plus at the minute. Tried activating the trial but started asking for CC details which I dont wanna enter incase it renews it straight away without me realising, any way I can activate the trial without entering in CC details??

Don't think so. But you can cancel the auto subscription during the trial, which is what I did

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

So just end it before the 14 days run up?? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Just got the Fifa14 platinum and I'm currently going back to play crushing mode on Uncharted 3 for that platinum.

I've definitely caught the trophy bug recently...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Also is it just me or does the glow from the DS4 in a dark room really add to the atmosphere?

I'm finding the reflection of the glow on my telly, usually annoying anyway but more so playing outlast. The glow in general is cool but you should be able to switch it on and off. Outlast is absolute class anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

sugarman wrote: »

So, since December, what have I missed on the instant game collection? Anywhere I can find a list(s)?

I'll be pissed if I miss anything good:(

I think you would have missed Don't Starve on PS4.

Then Remember Me and DmC on the PS3. I can't recall the Vita game but it might have been a fighting game, Blaze Blue or something?

Nothing much so.

Found out I can "purchase" everything on the laptop anyways and download later on the consoles. Stores much easier to browse that way.

Is Resogun gone now?:(

Yeah resogun and don't starve just left on the 5th, you were a day late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I thought resogun was available for the year as the base game for ps+

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I thought resogun was available for the year as the base game for ps+

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Ok, Im absolutely lost with PLUS. Basically, bought it in December for the first time along with the PS4.

When I first went onto the store I didnt see many free games, only one I downloaded was War Thunder.

Still not seeing many free games, had to search for Outlast there. The store has such a poor layout.

And id no idea my PLUS works on the PS3 and Vita also, so i've a feeling I missed out on stuff there?

So, since December, what have I missed on the instant game collection? Anywhere I can find a list(s)?

I'll be pissed if I miss anything good:(

The store layout is fine actually. All the free Plus content is all grouped together under the Plus instant game collections and all the Plus discounted stuff is grouped together too.

Your PS4 has a tab telling you over and over the Plus works on PS4, PS3 and Vita, don't know how you missed it.

And War Thunder is a free to play game, it's free for everyone forever.

I get emails every month telling me whats on Plus, you should be getting the same.

• Advertisement

Best place to find out about Plus games coming and leaving from Plus is http://blog.eu.playstation.com/

You will find a Plus monthly block on the right like the below picture.

Y9D0dor.png

This will change for every month and give a detailed list and videos like below.

2pP0RFY.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement