Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

sugarman wrote: »
    Because im not up to scratch on the whole online thing, Id a ps3 for 6yrs and only used it to play fifa, BF and gta. Stuck the disk in, it worked. Never went on the store.

Only went on the ps4 store to redeem the online pass I bought in Dec so I could play online.

The store layout is piss poor. All I seen was the tabs on the left when entering the store where the redeem code, upgrade ps3-ps4 games etc.. There I went to view all games and selected the drop down to Free and none of the ps+ content is there.

It might be easier to use for every day gamers, but a very casual gamer like myself or for a child its near impossible!

Like i said, found out I can browse it all on the laptop now where its a millions time easier to see and use. Dont know why its not like that on the console!

I also dont get any emails, prob unselected recieve further info:o

I have no issues with it and I hadn't used a PS3 since around 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Is outlast just for ps4???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The store layout is fine actually. All the free Plus content is all grouped together under the Plus instant game collections and all the Plus discounted stuff is grouped together too.

Your PS4 has a tab telling you over and over the Plus works on PS4, PS3 and Vita, don't know how you missed it.

And War Thunder is a free to play game, it's free for everyone forever.

I get emails every month telling me whats on Plus, you should be getting the same.

It could be better though. The American layout is much better as it keeps demos seperate for example

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

scudzilla wrote: »

Been out for awhile now on the PC as well, it will not be coming to any other console.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Xenji wrote: »
    Been out for awhile now on the PC as well, it will not be coming to any other console.

No, i mean is it only on Plus for the PS4, have PS3 myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

sugarman wrote: »
    The store layout is piss poor.

It's not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

No, i mean is it only on Plus for the PS4, have PS3 myself

PS4 only.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Buying outlast last night was the worst idea ever. I hate you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

the first scare in outlast is mighty!!!!!!

arggghhhhhhh!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

About to fire up Outlast now. :D
    Set up my headset, will turn off the lights soon and get stuck in. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

phobia2011 wrote: »
    the first scare in outlast is mighty!!!!!!

arggghhhhhhh!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I got scared by a leaf on my way into the asylum.

Things went downhill fast from there on in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Bunch of girls blouses lol

For those who played it through to end, what is your verdict?

No spoilers please.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

BordorFox wrote: »

No spoilers please.

Loved it. Happy with the ending. Great way to tell a Story. I managed to finish it on Insanity difficultly after. Love the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i love playing outlast with my brother. he screams like **** when a fright part happens. he jumped and screamed at his own shadow in one part :D:D:D

he is 21 :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Due to the amount of games I've been downloading on PS Plus I've put in a 250gb hdd from an old laptop into my 80gb PS3, I've so many games to download now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

No spoilers please.
    We watched my nephew playing it, a group off four guys and one girl shouting at him which way to go and getting scared out off our lifes, we wouldnt let him go to bed till he finished it cause we had no intention off playing it by ourselfs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

No spoilers please.

50/50 on the ending, it should have been as scary from the start to the finish, it seemed to have lost it midway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Outlast is too scary :eek: wont be playing that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Seriously can't play Outlast for more than a few minutes without having to put it down. Played the other day and was in a party with my brother who was playing it on his PS4.
    Phone rang and both of us freaked out, thought it was in game but it was his phone irl. Both of us just stopped afraid to move "........Is that your phone?" "Huh?, oh christ yes!"
    The bit at the start
    when the guy throws you out the window
    almost killed him. He screamed the place down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Played the other day and was in a party with my brother who was playing it on his PS4.

Would you not be interacting with other people and trying to get the ride at parties instead of playing your playstation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Would you not be interacting with other people and trying to get the ride at parties instead of playing your playstation?

I'm pretty sure he is referring to a voice chat party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'm pretty sure he is referring to a voice chat party.

Those crazy kids and their new-fangled gizmebobs are always confounding me…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The first scene in Bioshock Infinite when you wake up after the lighthouse is beautiful. Enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I've convinced the wife to play Outcast, I've also convinced her to let me broadcast her doing so. Once I've gotten over the horror of her trying to use the controler it should be a bit of Craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

weiland79 wrote: »
    I've convinced the wife to play Outcast, I've also convinced her to let me broadcast her doing so. Once I've gotten over the horror of her trying to use the controler it should be a bit of Craic.

Attack_50ft_Woman-nurse2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Plus is so amazing it convinced me over the weekend to buy a Vita to add to my PS4. The 10 game bundle with 16GB card for €170 is great.

Having owned a 360 last gen I feel I missed out a bit not having a PS3 for Plus.

Roll on next month!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Seriously can't play Outlast for more than a few minutes without having to put it down. Played the other day and was in a party with my brother who was playing it on his PS4.
    Phone rang and both of us freaked out, thought it was in game but it was his phone irl. Both of us just stopped afraid to move "........Is that your phone?" "Huh?, oh christ yes!"
    The bit at the start
    when the guy throws you out the window
    almost killed him. He screamed the place down.

I love the sound effects in this. You notice the heavy breathing and aren't sure if it's your own!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

RasTa wrote: »
    The first scene in Bioshock Infinite when you wake up after the lighthouse is beautiful. Enjoying it so far.

I am actually shocked at how bad the graphics are in Infinite. The water and particle effects are sub par at best. I actually put Bioshock 1 in to play again last night to see if I have rose tinted glasses on and no, Bioshock 1 is a far better looking game, the water and particle effects look far better than Infinite.

Almost finished the game and it's ok, can't get over the poor graphics and I still think Bioshock 1 is better but System Shock 2 is still the best of the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I am actually shocked at how bad the graphics are in Infinite. The water and particle effects are sub par at best. I actually put Bioshock 1 in to play again last night to see if I have rose tinted glasses on and no, Bioshock 1 is a far better looking game, the water and particle effects look far better than Infinite.

Almost finished the game and it's ok, can't get over the poor graphics and I still think Bioshock 1 is better but System Shock 2 is still the best of the series.

I've never played any of them so tis all new to me. Bit bored of it now tbh, seems to easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

RasTa wrote: »
    I've never played any of them so tis all new to me. Bit bored of it now tbh, seems to easy.

Yeah Infinite is very easy imo, I'm playing it on normal and died about 3 times in total, one of the easiest fps game I've played recently. Bioshock 1 is much harder and you can turn off the cloning vats to make it even tougher.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement