Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Yeah Infinite is very easy imo, I'm playing it on normal and died about 3 times in total, one of the easiest fps game I've played recently. Bioshock 1 is much harder and you can turn off the cloning vats to make it even tougher.

It might be why I like Infinite, I am usually crap at fps, find them frustrating, and don't play them much as a result, but thoroughly enjoying this. Still dying a good few times, but perhaps it's too easy for seasoned fps players.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I wouldn't be seasoned at all, I'd consider myself average at best but I find Infinite very easy. I usually play fps games on easy but I have this on normal and it almost playing it's self I find. Elizabeth is too helpful at times throwing you ammo, health, salts and money and you don't have to look after her. Best friendly AI ever.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I am actually shocked at how bad the graphics are in Infinite. The water and particle effects are sub par at best. I actually put Bioshock 1 in to play again last night to see if I have rose tinted glasses on and no, Bioshock 1 is a far better looking game, the water and particle effects look far better than Infinite.

Almost finished the game and it's ok, can't get over the poor graphics and I still think Bioshock 1 is better but System Shock 2 is still the best of the series.

Hardly poor graphics, it's a beautiful looking game.To say Bioshock 1 is a far better looking game is honestly an exaggeration.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

tok9 wrote: »
    Hardly poor graphics, it's a beautiful looking game.To say Bioshock 1 is a far better looking game is honestly an exaggeration.

The water and fire effects alone are night and day. I was in shock. I played the 360 version of Bioshock last night and the effects and texture quality is a good few steps above Infinite and it came out in 2007. For a 2013 game it's very poor graphically. A 6 year old game from the same series surpasses it visually and by a big margin imo.

Get a copy of Bioshock and sit down and play the first 2mins alone after the plane crash and the water at the start alone is miles better looking than the intro of Infinite.

The games are not made by the same developer so that probably has a big part to play in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Has March's PSN free games been announced yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

sugarman wrote: »
    Jaysus, the ps3 looks god awful after having only played the ps4 since November. Controller feels weird too!
    Really?? Ive only noticed when I played Fifa 14 the difference, but in general playing Bioshock and DMC didnt leave me feeling it was awful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

The water and fire effects alone are night and day. I was in shock. I played the 360 version of Bioshock last night and the effects and texture quality is a good few steps above Infinite and it came out in 2007. For a 2013 game it's very poor graphically. A 6 year old game from the same series surpasses it visually and by a big margin imo.

Get a copy of Bioshock and sit down and play the first 2mins alone after the plane crash and the water at the start alone is miles better looking than the intro of Infinite.

The games are not made by the same developer so that probably has a big part to play in it.

They are made by the same developer, Irrational Games, it was just called 2K Boston at the time of Bioshock. Bioshock 2 was made by a different developer,

Since playing Infinite I've replayed and completed the original Bioshock and completely disagree.

Play the DLC Burial at Sea... a much better comparison of how Infinite at the very minimum matches the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

NeVeR wrote: »
    Has March's PSN free games been announced yet ?

no, but i have feeling it will be basement crawl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

BordorFox wrote: »
    no, but i have feeling it will be basement crawl

No sure why but I have a feeling it will be knack ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

NeVeR wrote: »
    No sure why but I have a feeling it will be knack ..

Apparently it can't as it has to have a metactritic average of 70%+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Apparently it can't as it has to have a metactritic average of 70%+

It all depends on the availability of games - Vita games have dipped below that on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Isnt octodad out in March that could be the free game..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Been playing Borderlands 2 and was enjoying it up until you have to start using vehicles. The controls are broken beyond belief - Left stick to accelerate, right stick to turn is confusing enough as it is, but right stick also operates the camera as well as turning which is infuriating. It's just so counter intuitive.

P1ssed me off to the point where I stopped playing, and I'm not sure I'll be going back to it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Roar wrote: »
    Been playing Borderlands 2 and was enjoying it up until you have to start using vehicles. The controls are broken beyond belief - Left stick to accelerate, right stick to turn is confusing enough as it is, but right stick also operates the camera as well as turning which is infuriating. It's just so counter intuitive.

P1ssed me off to the point where I stopped playing, and I'm not sure I'll be going back to it tbh.

Once you get your head around it you'll love it. Borderlands was a class act in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It's a common control system from a load of other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Varik wrote: »
    It's a common control system from a load of other games.

I've never played a game with that control method. Not saying it doesn't exist, but it's definitely not common.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

That's mental, surely trigger or button for accelerate and sticks to move would have worked better, it's that way in most games

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I really enjoyed it and don't remember the driving thing to be a major issue. Was pretty good online co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

If you think the driving in Borderlands 2 is bad, BL1 was infinitely more annoying.

• Advertisement

I've never played a game with that control method. Not saying it doesn't exist, but it's definitely not common.

BF4 has applied the same controls which is quite frustrating too.

Thought it was better in BL2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's too simplified, to the point that it's a bit restrictive. I'm not a fan of either BF or BL vehicle controls, although, thankfully the contact with rocks etc. in both is so unrealistic, that it's actually fairly workable, and arcade like.

I don't really care about it in Borderlands but in BF4 is annoying when you're just trying to turn your tank for better protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have serious problems trying to control helicopters and motorbikes in Bf4, although changing the view on the bikes helped immeasurably. Pretty sure I've never survived a helicopter journey where I've been the pilot. Really need practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Varik wrote: »
    I don't really care about it in Borderlands but in BF4 is annoying when you're just trying to turn your tank for better protection.

That's why BF4 has a veteren controls option that puts them back to BF3 controls, can't please everybody.

That's why BF4 has a veteren controls option that puts them back to BF3 controls, can't please everybody.

I prefer it on the helicopters but not on Tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Finished Metro earlier on. I really enjoyed it, loved the setting and atmosphere. There were some genuinely creepy moments in it. It's a shame the first game never got released on ps3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Any rumours about March's games yet? They got leaked quite early last month…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Cool i didn't know that. (Not that it will help much) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Any rumours about March's games yet? They got leaked quite early last month…

Not yet, keep an eye on Neogaf, it usually leaks there first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement