Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Finished Metro earlier on. I really enjoyed it, loved the setting and atmosphere. There were some genuinely creepy moments in it. It's a shame the first game never got released on ps3.

You should try the season pass currently half price at 3.75. Supposed to be a fair bit of single player in it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

sweetie wrote: »
    You should try the season pass currently half price at 3.75. Supposed to be a fair bit of single player in it

How long is it half price for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

tok9 wrote: »

Basically until midnight tonight.

Store link

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

tok9 wrote: »

I don't know really, I got it last week, might already be full price again tbh but possibly for the month whilst the main game is available. There's about 5 different levels in total. I have them downloaded but not played yet and reviews range from good to mixed but as a big fan I wanted to try them.
    If nothing else it's good to support the dev. team who brought that game to fruition, there are some great articles online on the terrible conditions they worked in.

Ya I'm looking forward to that game so 3.75 is nothing.

Once I'm done with ME3 (thanks to plus also) I'll get to it.

Like someone else I wish the original game was on PS3. I bought it in one of the Humble bundle packs but my laptop can't run it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

weiland79 wrote: »
    Cool i didn't know that. (Not that it will help much) :)

It's all good, just dont get in a chopper with scotty lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

**** me Outlast is scary ! with all the power outages I turned it off just in case the power went while i was playing i'm pretty sure if it happened i'd have **** myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone know anywhere that i would get my ps+ sub for anything less than official price or if there are any deals going on them. Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere that i would get my ps+ sub for anything less than official price or if there are any deals going on them. Thanks

Only way I know of getting it cheaper is to change regions.

Because PS4 requires PS+ for online gaming, going forward I think the days of discounts or "15 months for the price of 12" deals are gone.

It's by far and away the best €50 p.a. I spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

F1ngers wrote: »
    Only way I know of getting it cheaper is to change regions.

Because PS4 requires PS+ for online gaming, going forward I think the days of discounts or "15 months for the price of 12" deals are gone.

It's by far and away the best €50 p.a. I spend.

Ah ye i was thinking that alright and like you said its €50 well spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

The last of us is on the PS Store and is going for €26.99. I have never played it but the reviews have been pretty positive. Should I get it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

aindriu80 wrote: »
    The last of us is on the PS Store and is going for €26.99. I have never played it but the reviews have been pretty positive. Should I get it ??

Yes
    I've seen some people say it's not their thing but it blew me away. Well worth it @ full price imo.

You should absolutely get it. If you enjoy stealth or survival games it's an absolute no brianer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yes buy it best PS3 game by a mile for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I finish off Last of Us, I was about half way through when GTA V came out and I never went back to it.

Picking up The Last of Us today - can't wait to play it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Will the prices go back up for like TLOU and Enslaved at the end off the month

Problem is there's so much hype / positivity about TLOU it's hard to live up to the hype.

The gameplay is solid enough but it's the whole story and empathy you feel for the characters that is it's strength, I think.

I've said before I never and I mean ever watch in game cut scenes but was glued to the ones in TLOU.

astonaidan wrote: »

I know the price drop for the Last of Us was meant to be from the 19 until the 26 - they've probably brought the price drop forward to coincide with the release of the DLC. I presume Enslaved will be going back up on the 26th as well.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Problem is there's so much hype / positivity about TLOU it's hard to live up to the hype.

The gameplay is solid enough but it's the whole story and empathy you feel for the characters that is it's strength, I think.

I've said before I never and I mean ever watch in game cut scenes but was glued to the ones in TLOU.

I had that with the Walking Dead and I get the feeling the games are quite similar thematically. If I think about it critically, the gameplay ain't really a whole bunch but the way the story is told and the decisions you have to make in the game really make it one of the best games I've played. That's also half price in the sale as well. Well worth picking up if anyone doesn't have it already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

How come? Naughty Dog gets that cutscenes can be short but compelling, same with Uncharted, they're usually only a couple of minutes long but push the story along, not like MGS snorefests where they're a movie onto themselves.

krudler wrote: »
    How come? Naughty Dog gets that cutscenes can be short but compelling, same with Uncharted, they're usually only a couple of minutes long but push the story along, not like MGS snorefests where they're a movie onto themselves.

Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks that. Normally I don't really mind the cutscenes but occasionally you're just about to finish up playing for the night and you're about to save the game when you hit one of those cutscenes and you're still there half an hour later waiting for it to finish.

Still great games though…

krudler wrote: »

I'm truly impatient. I know the point you're making but I've never felt the need to watch them in anything other than TLOU. Any other game and I'm mashing the X button like a lunatic.

I'm truly impatient. I know the point you're making but I've never felt the need to watch them in anything other than TLOU. Any other game and I'm mashing the X button like a lunatic.

I watch all cutscenes. I think it's because I'm nearing middle age and I need a break from the action to let my heart settle down…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Crap. Bought it online last week for €40. Starting playing it tonight.

astonaidan wrote: »

Just checked this in the store now. TLOU price drop was brought forward by a week - it's now ending on the 20th instead of the 26th and Enslaved finishes on the 27th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

I had that with the Walking Dead and I get the feeling the games are quite similar thematically. If I think about it critically, the gameplay ain't really a whole bunch but the way the story is told and the decisions you have to make in the game really make it one of the best games I've played. That's also half price in the sale as well. Well worth picking up if anyone doesn't have it already.

It struck me that they were both very similar thematically alright.
    Gameplay isn't what makes them great although The Last of Us is a long way ahead of Telltale in that department.

Naughty Dog has cited The Walking Dead as an influence for the game.

It also struck me that it's the third recent virus themed apocalyptic tale to have a man protecting a little girl...

Lee and Clementine
    Joel and Ellie
    The Governor and first his daughter and then Meghan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Rumoured March PS+ EU Games from NeoGAF

PS4: Dead Nation
    PS3: Tomb Raider, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    Vita: Smart As, Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD

If true, I have always wanted to get into Dead Nation and Brothers. PJM on the Vita is another I just never got around to either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Otacon wrote: »
    Rumoured March PS+ EU Games from NeoGAF

PS4: Dead Nation
    PS3: Tomb Raider, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    Vita: Smart As, Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD

If true, I have always wanted to get into Dead Nation and Brothers. PJM on the Vita is another I just never got around to either.

I did not know that a new Dead Nation game was in the works for the PS4, I have kept putting off getting Pixeljunk due to the price, so that will be a nice bonus.

• Advertisement

Well if that's true I won't be buying Tomb Raider on PS4.. no point just for graphics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement