Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Is Dead Nation the one that was given out free that time the PSN was down for ages?
    That was a terrible game on PS3, won't be bothering with it on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Is Dead Nation the one that was given out free that time the PSN was down for ages?
    That was a terrible game on PS3, won't be bothering with it on PS4.

That was Dead Island you're thinking of. It wasn't too bad when they patched it up, still wouldn't pay full price for it mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

That was Dead Island you're thinking of. It wasn't too bad when they patched it up, still wouldn't pay full price for it mind.
    Nope its Dead Nation that was given after the outage. Twin stick zombie shooter iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Surely having Tomb raider for ps3 when it's just after being rereleased on ps4 would be a silly move?
    People who have held off for the ps4 version may not bother if it's free on ps3 with ps plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Dead Nation looks cool, I notice it's from Housemarque, developers of Resogun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Thought Dead Nation was rubbish on PS3 so probably won't be bothering with it this time around. Also have no desire to play Tomb Raider on PS3 with it out on PS4, I'm happy enough to wait a few months and pick it up used for PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I was tempted to pick up Tomb Raider definitive edition but if the ps3 versions free you can't argue with that, I'll happily play the lesser version.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just cleared Outlast, that was f*cking brilliant!! Only 8.9% of people who played it actually cleared it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Dead Nation was great, played Co-Op on the same screen with the missus and Co-Op with a mate over the interwebs. Great fun.

Only bought Brothers recently but not played it , dang.

Ed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just cleared Outlast, that was f*cking brilliant!! Only 8.9% of people who played it actually cleared it :D

I'm one of the 91.1% that couldn't be arsed going back to it.

• Advertisement

I find Outlast to be incredibly overrated. It's fun to play but most of the scares are cheap jump scares that feel like something out of a cheap horror film. Even worse is the manner in which the monsters seem to be on rails, they check the same locker every time and follow the same route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

sheehy83 wrote: »

I cleared it like 2 hours and a half after downloading it, great game but zero re-playability.

Deleted it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jackdalad23

I downloaded and played Outlast. Done it properly too. Quite dark room and headset up full belt.
    Scared the ****e outta me. Gotta say for a free game (with PSPlus) I taught it was great. Although its all done in 5-6 hours its still great value. The music and sound effects are just awesome although I do agree with some of the other posts about the enemies like they are on rails etc.
    Looking forward to the DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i also thought dead nation was great. great on solo. even better on co-op

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I'm not convinced that the rumoured games for march are 100% accurate. Tomb Raider doesn't make any sense to me, and Basement Crawl looked a dead cert for the PS4 game considering it got held back last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

dont starve lots of fun simple and really enjoyable, myself and my 7 year old daughter taking turns, great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

I'm thinking of getting ps+ on my ps3. This'll give me free games now and i'll have it when i get a ps4. Is it worth the price? And another question, what do people think will happen when its discontinued? Will they let us keep games we've gotten over the years or will we be left with nothing to show after spending hundreds?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting ps+ on my ps3. This'll give me free games now and i'll have it when i get a ps4. Is it worth the price? And another question, what do people think will happen when its discontinued? Will they let us keep games we've gotten over the years or will we be left with nothing to show after spending hundreds?

It will not be discontinued due to the fact you need it to play online with the PS4, so you will still have all your games for the consoles life span. The value is great, this month you got Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light, along with Outlast on the PS4 and two Vita games, plus you get various discounts on games as well if you are a PS+ user. I say you already know this, but you cannot play the free PS3 games you get from Plus on your PS4, so to get the best value out of it, keep your PS3 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

It's taking me ages to get through outlast because I progress a bit then out the controller down for a breather. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Xenji wrote: »
    It will not be discontinued due to the fact you need it to play online with the PS4, so you will still have all your games for the consoles life span. The value is great, this month you got Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light, along with Outlast on the PS4 and two Vita games, plus you get various discounts on games as well if you are a PS+ user. I say you already know this, but you cannot play the free PS3 games you get from Plus on your PS4, so to get the best value out of it, keep your PS3 as well.

I think he means when they stop supporting the PS3 what'll happen with eveyrone's PS+ games

I've been told there's a strong possibility the restrictions will be removed and what you have on your console at that point you can keep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

COYVB wrote: »
    I think he means when they stop supporting the PS3 what'll happen with eveyrone's PS+ games

I've been told there's a strong possibility the restrictions will be removed and what you have on your console at that point you can keep

It does not look like they will stop supporting the PS3 anytime soon according to John Koller, but that would be great if you got to keep the games.
    "We believe that the platform has a lot of life left in it. Two, three, four years; we think there's time left in the platform. It depends on the content. We have a good lineup this year and it looks like a good lineup next year. We need to keep fueling that. We really have to keep PS3 alive. And so to do that, we have to further the content. I think there will be a good story for the PS3 over the next year to two years."

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

It does not look like they will stop supporting the PS3 anytime soon according to John Koller, but that would be great if you got to keep the games.

Also iirc they only stopped production of Ps2 18 months ago !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Considering they only wound down production of the PS2 at the beginning of last year, I'd say it will be a while before they give up on the PS3.

Edit: what he said above...

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Romero

Not seeing any deals for playstation network cards on Adverts.ie Any other sites selling them cheap? I know it has to be Euro version and not GB, does that apply for say buying a german €50 card will that work with irish account or is it locked to Germany?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

S_Hick12 wrote: »

It's great value. I was going to buy Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light at some point this year so ps+ has paid for itself already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

rumours on march plus for Ps4 has started.

these three have being mentioned.

Steamworld Dig

Dead Nation

basement Crawl

What do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Just bought the Last of Us so thanks for the heads up whoever said it. I was originally going to wait until the end of next week so I would have missed out on it. The fact you couldn't download it in the background until it got to 70% was a bit of a pain in the arse though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just bought the Last of Us so thanks for the heads up whoever said it. I was originally going to wait until the end of next week so I would have missed out on it. The fact you couldn't download it in the background until it got to 70% was a bit of a pain in the arse though.

I envy you
    Got the dlc on friday
    when I saw the loading screen (curtain billowing in the breeze) I got emotional

save Ellie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Won't be getting any of them considering I had dead nation on PS3. Still have to start on infinite and metro from last month but currently playing outlast. f*ck me that game is scary. First ever horror game I've ever played and unless I get another for free from PS Plus I won't be buying another ever again. Can't sleep at night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Just bought the Last of Us. The fact you couldn't download it in the background until it got to 70% was a bit of a pain in the arse though.
    Now, try download the making of video, if you have the season pass. Hint : You won't find it on the PSN store. You have to do it in game, with no background download allowed :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement