Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

RangeR wrote: »
    Now, try download the making of video, if you have the season pass. Hint : You won't find it on the PSN store. You have to do it in game, with no background download allowed :(

It's a real pain in the hole tbh. What I have been doing is setting the PS3 to shut automatically to turn off after download but I don't like leaving it on overnight if I can't do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The only thing I want from the PS3 at this stage is individual backups rather than the full drive image that it has now, would make plus so much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

They get another 2 games though don't they?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Is uncharted 3 always going to be part of the instant game collection or does that change monthly?

New to PS+ myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Tinie wrote: »
    Is uncharted 3 always going to be part of the instant game collection or does that change monthly?

New to PS+ myself.

Read the FAQ on page 1. It's there for the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Shyte month for the yanks.

good enough for them! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Read the FAQ on page 1. It's there for the year.

Cool thanks. Couldnt see there but when does that year start? January 1 2014?

Reason is im picking up a ps3 soon and want to finish uncharted one and two before using my trial for PS+ ;)

Tinie wrote: »
    Cool thanks. Couldnt see there but when does that year start? January 1 2014?

Reason is im picking up a ps3 soon and want to finish uncharted one and two before using my trial for PS+ ;)

From the FAQ
    When are new games released for IGC?

Most games are refreshed every month. Old games fall off and new games are added. In it's first year Little Big Planet 2, Infamous 2 and Motorstorm Apocalypse were available for the full 12 months. they are due to be replaced in June 2013.

Uncharted is with us until June 2014.

• Advertisement

Now, try download the making of video, if you have the season pass. Hint : You won't find it on the PSN store. You have to do it in game, with no background download allowed :(

Smashing. Grounded is now available for free SD and HD downld via Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IHV0W3Y?tag=kotakuamzn-20&ascsubtag=[type|link[postId|1524704800[asin|B00IHV0W3Y[authorId|5727706349443673532

EDIT : URL Fixed. Didn't paste properly from the tablet.
    EDIT 2 : I guess those outside USA aren't worthy of this video at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Strider is out for PS4 now....new DLC packs for games as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Anyone know if I get the season pass for Bioshock Infinite will I get both episodes of Burial at Sea or do I just get episode 1 and the clash in the clouds thing?

Anyone know if I get the season pass for Bioshock Infinite will I get both episodes of Burial at Sea or do I just get episode 1 and the clash in the clouds thing?

You get everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Any work on next months line up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Any work on next months line up ?

PS4: Dead Nation
    PS3: Tomb Raider, Brothers a tale of two sons
    Vita: Smart As, Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD

It is from GamePointsNow who have got the last 2 months correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Il try dead nation but got a bit bored of the ps3 version. Dunno if I would play through tomb raider again. Ah can't be all cracking months I spose.

March is gonna be a bit crazy with releases anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I was gonna buy Tomb Raider this week, money saved now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Did ye hear about Insane Mode in Outlast? :eek:

I'm not even going to attempt it!
    Insane mode is the hardest difficulty. It's Nightmare difficulty with no checkpoint or saves. This will require you to finish the game without dying and you have to do it in a single sitting. You can pause the game so if you need a break for any length of time, you can do that. But if you die at any point in the game, you will respawn right back at your car in the beginning of the game. If you die from a failed jump, you will have to start over.

Since Insane mode uses Nightmare difficulty, you should practice all the difficult sections of the game on Nightmare before starting your insane run. Nightmare/Insane differs from Normal in the following ways:

The maximum number of extra batteries you can carry is 2.
    There are fewer batteries that can be picked up.
    The Variants move faster and react to noises quicker. They are much smarter.
    Strong Variants (
    Chris Walker, Dr. Trager, Walrider
    ) will one hit kill you. Weaker Variants will kill you in 2 hits, with the exception of a couple who will one shot you.

WARNING: SPOILERS IN LINK CONTENT!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/outlast/trophy/78735-LUNATIC-.html

I'm glad I just completed it.. I don't think I'd be able to survive on 2 batteries :P

• Advertisement

I'm just about to start
    the undergound lab
    so I think I'm close to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Just swapped fifa 14 for last of us, good or bad deal?

Well considering one is an iteration of a game that has minor tweaks and the other is arguably one of the best games of the last generation... I think you've made the right choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Agreed - good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Most will probably tell you it's a good deal. But it depends really on what you are in to. If you like stealth type games then you won't regret it. Personally I didn't like it. I traded TLOU for FIFA and don't regret it for a second.

I would sell my first born child for The Last of Us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

I'd trade last of us PS3 for Fifa 14 PS4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Did ye hear about Insane Mode in Outlast? :eek:

I'm not even going to attempt it!

WARNING: SPOILERS IN LINK CONTENT!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/outlast/trophy/78735-LUNATIC-.html

It is dead easy. It's only the fear factor that cripples you in the game, Get over that and its a walk over. Sure, I was scared on my first play-through but it's ridiculously easy once you get used to it. By the end of the week, I was doing speed run Livestream's on Insane on Twitch.

Klair88 wrote: »
    It is dead easy. It's only the fear factor that cripples you in the game, Get over that and its a walk over. Sure, I was scared on my first play-through but it's ridiculously easy once you get used to it. By the end of the week, I was doing speed run Livestream's on Insane on Twitch.

Fair play. I do find that in the hour or so I played last night I was far more composed, the fright factor was dissipating. Earlier I would sometimes get all muddled up about the level layout and run into a dead end when chased by an enemy.

Still, the one death and you're back to the start would be frustrating. I guess plenty of breaks would help so you wouldn't get tired and sloppy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Il try dead nation but got a bit bored of the ps3 version. Dunno if I would play through tomb raider again. Ah can't be all cracking months I spose.

March is gonna be a bit crazy with releases anyway.

You have Dark Souls to finish before the 2nd one comes out, dont be getting distracted :pac:

I played Outlast earlier, yeah massive nopes for most of it, the game itself is pretty easy as the areas are just go here, turn that, open the door, then run. It's the peeking around corners, not knowing where you're going and then hiding from anything looking for you that extends it, ran out of batteries at one point in a sewer, that was fun

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement