Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Benzino wrote: »
    With the release of Dark Souls 2 around the corner, anybody think Dark Souls will appear on Plus soon? I really must play Demon Souls....

Yeah I would say you would see it maybe possibly in May or June, it will have a good bit of hype about it around then and could lead to a spike in sales of DS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say we'll get the announcement for March tomorrow at about noon (as in 10 hours from now, not Thursday:)). They're leaving it late this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I played Demon Souls and got about half way through but it started to feel like every time I turned on the game, I was in the same position not making any progress. I started Dark Souls last month and it is miles better imo. Just as hard but has a much better progressive system.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dead Nation to be released on March 6th, taken from here:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/530175-playstation-plus-new-ps-plus-leak-shows-dead-nation-apocalypse-edition-on-ps4/

Whats different with the apocalypse edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Not sure but I think they released some dlc for the ps3 version so it could include that.

• Advertisement

Outlast DLC coming to PC and PS4 in April. Will be a prequel to the game and also have the final chapter showing what happened after the events of the main story.
    The whole team here at Red Barrels is pleased to reveal that our first DLC, Outlast: Whisleblower, will be released this April for PC and PS4!

Whistleblower will let you play as Waylon Park, a software engineer under contract with Murkoff and the man who emailed journalists around the world - including Miles - at the beginning of Outlast. Spending a couple of weeks at Mount Massive, during which he was unable to even talk to his wife and son in Boulder thank...s to strict security protocols, Weylon developed a deep-seated distrust of the profit-motivated scientists and doctors leading dangerous and irresponsible experiments on their patients. Identifying with those poor souls fueled Weylon's anger, and set the stage for his unmasking of Mount Massive's rotten core.

Although Whistleblower tells the story that led to Outlast, it will actually stretch past the events of the first game to show the final chapter in Mount Massive Asylum's story.

See you in the asylum.
    The RB team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Darls Souls first has to have a digital version which it currently doesn't. Demon Souls was free on psn+ a good while back. I'm going to do my second run on it soon.

Oh I wasn't aware of that regarding Dark Souls. Yeah I got Demon Souls with PS+, just haven't got around to playing it. Think I will rectify that this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Outlast DLC coming to PC and PS4 in April. Will be a prequel to the game and also have the final chapter showing what happened after the events of the main story.

I presume we will have to pay for it and it won't be free? Maybe a small discount for ps plus members... sony is making me sound like a spoilt child now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Franchise Sale in the store starting today:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/02/26/grab-blockbuster-discounts-big-name-franchises-playstation-store/

Are the Crysis games worth picking up and if they are, which one would you go for first?

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Dead Nation to be released on March 6th, taken from here:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/530175-playstation-plus-new-ps-plus-leak-shows-dead-nation-apocalypse-edition-on-ps4/

Whats different with the apocalypse edition?

Still just a rumour and nobody knows yet, although Housemarque have tweeted they will be announcing something in the next 48 hours

• Advertisement

Started Metro last night and instantly love it.

Wouldn't say the AI is fantastic in it but the setting and atmosphere is so good and it's just been a lot of fun so far. Only about an hour or two in.

Now, what is going on with plus? I assume all the content is now being released on the same day.

They are leaving it really late since it should be out Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

tok9 wrote: »
    Started Metro last night and instantly love it.

Wouldn't say the AI is fantastic in it but the setting and atmosphere is so good and it's just been a lot of fun so far. Only about an hour or two in.

Looking forward to starting it.
    I'm reading Metro 2033 first to increase the immersion. Translation isn't great but it's very good once the story gets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I haven't played much on the PS3 recently but did fire up Metro last weekend. It looks cool and enjoyed the hour or two I played. Kept thinking I'd love to have all these guns for Outlast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

sin0city wrote: »
    Looking forward to starting it.
    I'm reading Metro 2033 first to increase the immersion. Translation isn't great but it's very good once the story gets going.

Is there any good Youtoob video showing the story from Metro 2033? I've just started Metro and kinda confused as to what happened in the first game.

PS store now having a 'Deal of the Week' every Wednesday. First up is Fifa 14 on PS3 and Vita. Deals last for 1 week.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/02/27/introducing-playstation-store-deal-week/

FIFA 14 (PS3) – Was £59.99/€69.99/AU$99.95, now £19.99/€29.99/AU$39.95

FIFA 14 (PS Vita) – Was £44.99/€49.99/AU$69.95, now £19.99/€24.99/AU$32.95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Is there any good Youtoob video showing the story from Metro 2033? I've just started Metro and kinda confused as to what happened in the first game.

Apparently the first game and the book are similar but not the same.
    I'd say you could watch a youtube playthrough of the first game or read a plot synopsis of the game/book on wiki.

The book/ebook is only 5 to 10 euro on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That Brothers game is great, if the demo is anything to go by. Pixeljunk Monsters is one of my favourite local co-op games, and I already picked it up on Vita, but still, that's cool.

Looking forward to some DN Co-op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

tok9 wrote: »

Yeah, took far too long to be announced this month. Just looking at the blog post, is Bioshock Infinite not leaving on the 5th? Wonder is that just a typo…

Was not the biggest fan of the Dead Nation on the PS3, but will give it a go again, never gave the co-op a fair chance.

• Advertisement

I heard great things about Brothers from the Boards Games Awards thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Xenji wrote: »
    Was not the biggest fan of the Dead Nation on the PS3, but will give it a go again, never gave the co-op a fair chance.

Co-op was great craic on the PS3

I've mixed feelings on Brothers being free.

It's great that more people will get to play it but it was already so cheap not so long ago (when I bought it). That said I assume the developers are getting a decent deal if they accepted to be on Plus

The game is great too..

Really looking forward to playing Tomb Raider considering the reviews.. cannot understand why it's on Plus with the definitive edition not even a month old. Was tempted to get that too.

Finished Dead Nation before but I think I'd be interested in some co op too.. never played the DLC and I'm really liking this idea of livestream interactions.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Co-op was great craic on the PS3

Remember drunkenly playing it with a friend one night, I do not think our faculties were up to it and we went playing Tekken instead, my one and only experience with it, but will try it out with the other half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Tomb Raider is only worth €6 in CEX if anyone was thinking of trading it in. Only got it at Xmas:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Yeah, took far too long to be announced this month. Just looking at the blog post, is Bioshock Infinite not leaving on the 5th? Wonder is that just a typo…

Yeah probably a typo, listed on the end of this video to be leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah, if anyone hasn't played Monsters co-up yet I thoroughly recommend it. Especially if you're intoxicated....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Was gonna buy Tomb Raider for the PS4, but if it's gonna be a free for the PS3 should I bother? Is it really worth the nice hair effects? ;)

.ak wrote: »
    Was gonna buy Tomb Raider for the PS4, but if it's gonna be a free for the PS3 should I bother? Is it really worth the nice hair effects? ;)

I'm going to say no.

March will be busy gaming for me.. Metro, Tomb Raider, MGS, Infamous, Dark Souls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

.ak wrote: »

That's a lot of money for nice hair effects.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement