Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

lertsnim wrote: »
    That's a lot of money for nice hair effects.

That's what I saw when I see the missus' salon bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

the PS4 version comes with all present DLC also and at 1080p 60fps, you won't get that on PS3.

If you don't have it on any device then it's a steal to get it for free on PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

sin0city wrote: »
    Looking forward to starting it.
    I'm reading Metro 2033 first to increase the immersion. Translation isn't great but it's very good once the story gets going.

Awesome book. Translation issues? I don't remeber much of that when I read it

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Is it next Wednesday the new games are going up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Delighted with those 2 on ps3 after the unwanted FPS extravaganza last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

.ak wrote: »
    Was gonna buy Tomb Raider for the PS4, but if it's gonna be a free for the PS3 should I bother? Is it really worth the nice hair effects? ;)

Was the exact same, absolutely chuffed its come free to PS3

Moving house this weekend where I fully intend to take the PS3 back in from the misses using it as her DVD/bluray player.

So many PSN games I want to get through, now including Tomb Raider, along with stuff I've never taken out of the wrapper including Batman and The Last of Us.

I just need world of warcraft to **** off for a bit, so I can play my consoles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Awesome book. Translation issues? I don't remeber much of that when I read it

Yeah, I find it quite noticeable. Syntax is ropey at best.
    It doesn't damage the atmosphere or the quality but it's there.

There's a fair few typos too but that's down to the editing.
    THE BAD
    Yes, translation. There's only one official one in existence, but the translation per se is really, really bad. There are more typos than the average fan fiction; there's double periods and other out of place punctuation marks, and a good deal of the sentences are extremely awkward. This shocked me, as it was published and edited by professionals. How the hell did they, the people working on it, miss so many? I couldn't believe that there were so many typos in this professionally published novel. The most I've ever seen is one per novel. But anyway, moving on.
    http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/91939/book-review-metro-2033-by-dmitry-glukhovsky

If you have a look at comments on goodreads or amazon people mention it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Are new games available ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

F1ngers wrote: »
    No.

Do you know when they're available? No mention on google and nothing on PS store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Do you know when they're available? No mention on google and nothing on PS store

Should be sometime after lunch on Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Xenji wrote: »
    Should be sometime after lunch on Wednesday.

Damn! It'll be a long lunch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

The march update is taking its sweet time:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

The march update is taking its sweet time:(

Same here. Very slow to download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Brothers is a class game. The controls take a bit of getting used to, I'm still having a little trouble when the charachters cross paths :pac:
    The setting is just perfect, really pretty to look at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Brothers is a class game. The controls take a bit of getting used to, I'm still having a little trouble when the charachters cross paths :pac:
    The setting is just perfect, really pretty to look at :)

Yeah I have to keep the bigger brother on the left on the small brother on the right or mayhem happens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Havent been near my vita this past week or so.

What are the new PS Plus games for it this month or do we know yet?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Havent been near my vita this past week or so.

What are the new PS Plus games for it this month or do we know yet?

Cheers.

Pixel Junk Monsters HD and Smart As.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Brothers is a fantastic game. Finished it last night.

One thing that bugs me is not being able to change the controls. Ideally I would like to swap R1 with R2 and L1 with L2. I find it hard to hold down the shoulder buttons for some of the jumping parts. I should probably invest in some of these trigers

triggers.jpg

Otacon wrote: »
    Pixel Junk Monsters HD and Smart As.

Bit of a nothing month for vita so.

Probably for the best seen as I'm only in the very early stages of Walking Dead.

I know its really story based but I just dont feel immersed in it. As I say I'm only in the early stages and based on the ratings it got I'll give it the benifit of the doubt for now and hope it picks up. I heard its quite short as well.

When I'm done with that I want to give New Little King a go. I keep picking a new game ahead of it for whatever reason. Like Walking Dead for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Bit of a nothing month for vita so.

Where you been? Monsters is probably THE best Tower Defence game on any platform. Highly addictive.

RangeR wrote: »
    Where you been? Monsters is probably THE best Tower Defence game on any platform. Highly addictive.

I'll give it a go so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Because Borderlands 2 took me a month to Plat I'm only getting around to last months content and I have to say Bioshock Infinite is bloody fantastic, played it straight after finishing Metro Last Light, both games very similar controls so not much learning to be done, I'm overdosing on FPS games lately though, Tomb Raider should fix that soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

RangeR wrote: »

I second that. Brilliant game. Much better with local co-op on PS3 but still great to have on Vita. Was shocked to see everyone on the PS blog giving out about the quality of the Vita Plus content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I second that. Brilliant game. Much better with local co-op on PS3 but still great to have on Vita. Was shocked to see everyone on the PS blog giving out about the quality of the Vita Plus content.

I'm also enjoying Smart As for what it is and it's probably something I'll play everyday for 5-10 minutes before getting stuck into whatever else I'm trying to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Finished Bioshock and Mass Effect 3, both games got thanks to Plus :). Started Tomb Raider last night and it's class, very Uncharted like.

Why do I always get my gaming mojo back when I've a rake of assignments to do :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Finished Bioshock and Mass Effect 3, both games got thanks to Plus :). Started Tomb Raider last night and it's class, very Uncharted like.

Why do I always get my gaming mojo back when I've a rake of assignments to do :pac:

It's not a coincidence. I remember it would be about the time college work was due that I would start up Minesweeper or Solitaire or even go on a Kill Frenzy in a tank in GTA2. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It's not a coincidence. I remember it would be about the time college work was due that I would start up Minesweeper or Solitaire or even go on a Kill Frenzy in a tank in GTA2. :)

Kiiiiiiiilllll Frenzyyyyy!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Picked up Rain at a discount - really enjoying it. Nice simple mechanics, good atmospherics made all the better by carefully thought out musical score. Reminds me a bit of ICO (just a bit)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was in Xtravision today and saw they were selling 365 day sub for €55. How can they get away with that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement