Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was in Xtravision today and saw they were selling 365 day sub for €55. How can they get away with that?

What do you expect with Xtravision, this is the same company that refused to sell people their pre-ordered X1's without first buying a game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Was in Xtravision today and saw they were selling 365 day sub for €55. How can they get away with that?

That's a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

That's a lie.

I don't see no cake here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's a lie.

Ummmm, nope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

That's a lie.

No I think he's right. There is somewhere that sells them for 55 euro anway.

• Advertisement

Ummmm, nope!

Well the HMV I work in has it priced at €49.99 so I'm going to go ahead and say you're wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Well the HMV I work in has it priced at €49.99 so I'm going to go ahead and say you're wrong.

But he said it was an Xtravision that he saw it in, not HMV?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is there any way he could be mistaken, rather than, as you suggested, lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Otacon wrote: »
    But he said it was an Xtravision that he saw it in, not HMV?

:confused:

They're owned by the same company now and have the same prices; even their websites are the same, save for a different skin.

Still, though, I'd doubt he's actually lying. Either as Grayditch said he's mistaken, or it's 1 branch manager chancing their arm or something.

Put it this way, there was a lot of lying done after the XBOne debacle before christmas to paint a company in an even worse light than they were managing to do themselves. If this isn't a continuation of that then I do apologise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I picked up a PS3 Wonderbook starter pack for the daughter in my local Xtrasvision with camera and move controller for €20 (It's £50 sterling on Amazon) so it's swings and roundabouts. They can charge whatever they want for the sub cards - it's up to yourself whether you're stupid enough to buy it.

The whole debacle with the Xbox one launch was on a whole different level of shíttyness though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Xtravision have different prices through a lot of their stores. Only last week i seen LOTR Extended Edition on Blueray in one XV for €45.99 and another on the same day had it for €39.99. So its not beyond the realms of possibility that they are chargin more or less in some cases across their stores.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Xtravision have different prices through a lot of their stores. Only last week i seen LOTR Extended Edition on Blueray in one XV for €45.99 and another on the same day had it for €39.99. So its not beyond the realms of possibility that they are chargin more or less in some cases across their stores.

It's not possible to charge different prices in different stores. The prices are set by head office, as soon as the barcode is scanned the price comes up, no matter what shop it is. Possibly just the wrong sticker on the BRD although I don't ever recall that item being €45.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

My PS+ sub is due to expire shortly. Got the last one from cdkeys but they are out of stock. Anywhere else to get a cheap 365 day sub?

It's not possible to charge different prices in different stores. The prices are set by head office, as soon as the barcode is scanned the price comes up, no matter what shop it is. Possibly just the wrong sticker on the BRD although I don't ever recall that item being €45.99.

With Xtravision you'll find that stores don't change the price stickers when head office changes the price. Peaky Blinders Blu-Ray is still marked at €36.99 in the Galway city store yet scanning at €16.99. Been that way for months, same with.quite a few others including a number of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

Anyone think we will see octodad or the binding of isaac for next months Playstation Plus game?

Anyone think we will see octodad or the binding of isaac for next months Playstation Plus game?

You will not see The Binding of Issac for awhile, they were only halfway done with the game at the end of January. Octodad has been delayed till April so it has some chance, but it has been rumored to have been delayed again.

I have been waiting for the binding of issac for so long now. Sunk 30+ hours into it on the pc and how great it would be to play it on the playstation, the dream will come through soon

With DriveClub rumoured to be released in April, I hope that is the PS+ game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I would say the possibility of Driveclub being released in roughly a month to be tiny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

The full game, hardly. There are two versions of Drive Club. The mini version that's free with all PS4 PS+ Subscribers. Then there's the full game. The very nature that they have it split this way would lead me to believe that the full version won't be a PS+ game. Yes, you are correct, the mini version will be soon. Maybe April.

tok9 wrote: »
    I would say the possibility of Driveclub being released in roughly a month to be tiny.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a555252/driveclub-given-april-launch-date-on-evolution-twitter-feed.html

A rumour of course, but one I am clinging to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Unfortunately I'm really confident that was deemed a fake. I'll see if I can find it later.

Unfortunately I'm really confident that was deemed a fake. I'll see if I can find it later.

kirk2.gif

Yep, it was a fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Put it this way, there was a lot of lying done after the XBOne debacle before christmas to paint a company in an even worse light than they were managing to do themselves. If this isn't a continuation of that then I do apologise.

I've nothing against Xtravision so I've no reason to give misinformation. Maybe I was mistaken but I remember seeing it then looking for the €50 credit to see if they had added to that and they hadn't. Next time I'm in, I'll look again but until then will say nothing more about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Picked up Starhawk from the sail. I still got the free dlc we got from ps+. Anyone here still play it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I have been waiting for the binding of issac for so long now. Sunk 30+ hours into it on the pc and how great it would be to play it on the playstation, the dream will come through soon

Its going to be amazing. I've got 400+ hours and still play every day. The new game looks amazing and they've fixed the item synergies. These were shown today..

Brimstone + Spoon bender
    1QPbDbu.gif

Tech 2 + Spoon bender
    eC7oVN1.gif

Its going to be amazing. I've got 400+ hours and still play every day. The new game looks amazing and they've fixed the item synergies. These were shown today..

Yeah looks pretty good Im hoping we have it come may or june at least fingers crossed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

where is the best place to buy a year playstation plus sub?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement