Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

More or less €50 everywhere. €47.99 in Argos if that's handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

naughto wrote: »
    where is the best place to buy a year playstation plus sub?
    £34.70 on cdkeys here works out around €41.50

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

^^ have you used that before?, thought it only worked on UK PSN accounts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

CombatCow wrote: »
    ^^ have you used that before?, thought it only worked on UK PSN accounts ?

It will only work on UK PSN accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Any idea's what game will come next month for PS3 and PS4?

Still have Brothers, Tom Braider, Metro and Bioshock to play. Mad I can't even get through all my games and I'm getting MGS GZ and Infamous in the next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

RoyalCelt wrote: »

Still have Brothers, Tom Braider, Metro and Bioshock to play. Mad I can't even get through all my games and I'm getting MGS GZ and Infamous in the next week!

The only sensible thing to do would be take a leave of absence from work and get through the game you've already got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

RoyalCelt wrote: »

I know she's lost a lot of her curves but jaysus...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

I thought tomb raider was a great game, played like a movie,
    Last few weeks completed both last of us and tomb raider,
    Last of us is gripping, one of the best games I ever played.

Glad I never sold my ps3, but I must invest in a 1tb hdd as deleting games each time is a nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Tomb Raider is class but she has to be the most unfortunate girl in the world. Just as something's going right, she'll fall down a big cliff and get her head kicked in by a bunch of lads :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Tomb Raider is class but she has to be the most unfortunate girl in the world. Just as something's going right, she'll fall down a big cliff and get her head kicked in by a bunch of lads :pac:

I don't know, I'd say she's lucky. Half the time she blows up the place around her only to survive it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I know she's lost a lot of her curves but jaysus...

Sorry. Dark Souls 2 is doing all sorts of things to my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Fired up the PS3 to resume Metro Last Light. Hadn't been on it in a while. first it said the content had expired. Had to connect to the PS Store and got it going. Couldn't get past the loading screen. It said press start to continue but no amount of pressing was making it continue - tried two controllers.
    Sigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Fired up the PS3 to resume Metro Last Light. Hadn't been on it in a while. first it said the content had expired. Had to connect to the PS Store and got it going. Couldn't get past the loading screen. It said press start to continue but no amount of pressing was making it continue - tried two controllers.
    Sigh!

Maybe delete it and reload or just the data - not sure what that will do to your gamesave though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Taltos wrote: »
    Maybe delete it and reload or just the data - not sure what that will do to your gamesave though.

Yeah hopefully that will work. I wasn't that far in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Playing Brothers: A tale of 2 sons at the moment, very good game! Dragon Dogma is up next.

Anyone heard anything about April's freebies? Internet's a bit slow with news :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Finished Brothers. It is something else. You should take an afternoon to experience it. If you liked limbo and journey?, you will enjoy it. Controls are fiddly at times but you will understand why it is later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Finished Brothers. It is something else. You should take an afternoon to experience it. If you liked limbo and journey?, you will enjoy it. Controls are fiddly at times but you will understand why it is later on.

Just started it the other night.

Really well crafted game. Funny, clever, dark and beautiful all at the same time and I've only got as far as
    freeing the lady troll...or at least that's what I think they were!
    Will finish it this evening. And the control system well deserved the Bafta for innovation. I have to keep the big brother on the left though or I get well confused!

Similar to Rain too and I loved that but Brothers is probably a bit more awe inspiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

sin0city wrote: »
    Just started it the other night.

Really well crafted game. Funny, clever, dark and beautiful all at the same time and I've only got as far as
    freeing the lady troll...or at least that's what I think they were!
    Will finish it this evening. And the control system well deserved the Bafta for innovation. I have to keep the big brother on the left though or I get well confused!

Similar to Rain too and I loved that but Brothers is probably a bit more awe inspiring.

I like the controls. It feels so cool when you move them simultaneously and it looks smooth and almost like a cut scene. And them they switch position on screen and just goes all over the place. Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

jaxdasher wrote: »
    I like the controls. It feels so cool when you move them simultaneously and it looks smooth and almost like a cut scene. And them they switch position on screen and just goes all over the place. Lol

Yeah, there's a great sense of satisfaction when you are moving them both well at the same time :)

Love the little benches too where you can have them sit and take in the views. It's very cool that you can see the areas you've come through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

This has probably been asked before but if I set up a US psn account will I need a US plus account to take advantage of ps plus offers there? Does my current ps plus cover it on the same console?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

King Krib wrote: »
    This has probably been asked before but if I set up a US psn account will I need a US plus account to take advantage of ps plus offers there? Does my current ps plus cover it on the same console?

1. Yes.
    2. If you have a European and a US account (both accounts with PS Plus) then you can play games from both regions on the one console.

Edit; This the greatest service ever! I've bought 3 games in the stores in the last 9 months (GTA5, GT6, South Park), all the rest have been PS Plus games. Well worth the 50 quid a year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

According to this we are getting secret ponchos for free on ps4 next month:
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/april-2014-ps4-ps3-ps-vita-video-game-release-date-page/

It looks fun

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Been looking forward to Secret Ponchos, it will be Switchblade Monkeys debut game as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Started Tomb Raider looks great, very similar look to UC from the amount Ive played it. Will probably get into it next week, going to try knock out the last few trophies for Skyrim this weekend :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

astonaidan wrote: »
    Started Tomb Raider looks great, very similar look to UC from the amount Ive played it. Will probably get into it next week, going to try knock out the last few trophies for Skyrim this weekend :o

Yeah I started it just before Dark Souls 2 that is consuming me. Looked good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I finished Tomb Raider this week and I liked it a lot.

Bit like a cross between uncharted and far cry 3, but then UC was probably inspired by the old tomb raiders. I really like using bows and arrows in games, much more satisfying than guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

For people who have US accounts what the best way of getting US PSN credit. I'm having problems everywhere because of my Irish billing address, can't get around that. Even tried Amazon.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

For people who have US accounts what the best way of getting US PSN credit. I'm having problems everywhere because of my Irish billing address, can't get around that. Even tried Amazon.com

Amazon.com

Just use any us address

I used :
    Billing Address
    133 Fake Street
    Seattle, Washington 98128

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Thanks. Last stupid question of the day. The US account I created on the PS4 works fine but when I use the same sign in details to get the US content on the PS3 it says you cannot sign in using another users email address. I can't understand why I can't log my US account into the PS3.??

Do I have to use the create new user option even though the PSN ID already exists on the PS4. It's not very clear how to do this at all. Can I not just entre the email and password and it will download the PSD ID on to the PS3.

Never mind got it in the end. It's a very round about way of doing things though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Thanks. Last stupid question of the day. The US account I created on the PS4 works fine but when I use the same sign in details to get the US content on the PS3 it says you cannot sign in using another users email address. I can't understand why I can't log my US account into the PS3.??

Do I have to use the create new user option even though the PSN ID already exists on the PS4. It's not very clear how to do this at all. Can I not just entre the email and password and it will download the PSD ID on to the PS3.

You should be able to just log in. Afaik
    Do you have the PS4 and PS3 on at the same time? If so try turning one off or at least logging out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement