Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Allyall wrote: »
    I just bought a PS3 and I'm signing up. Does it matter where you buy the PS3 card? I mean, If I buy a Playstation Network Card from France or Germany, will it work in Ireland, or does i have to be Irish?

Has to be Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

That question must be asked at least once a page.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Yup. Almost ready to </FOLLOW>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I searched "Region" in the thread, but loads to read, way too much, I read a few, but they were mostly referring to US/EU/ASIA. So I was still unsure about EU Country specific regions.

I had seen THIS and a similar offer last week in the US (Which I knew wasn't vallid here), but none for Ireland.

I searched "Region" in the thread, but loads to read, way too much, I read a few, but they were mostly referring to US/EU/ASIA. So I was still unsure about EU Country specific regions.

I had seen THIS and a similar offer last week in the US (Which I knew wasn't vallid here), but none for Ireland.

But it's so damn cheap at €50 for the year. A lot of people come by here trying to squeeze a deal at the cheapest price, then when they finally make their purchase they realise that they would have paid twice the price, or more, as it's such great value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Could someone stick it in the OP. That way we can suitably slate anyone who asks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

RangeR wrote: »
    But it's so damn cheap at €50 for the year. A lot of people come by here trying to squeeze a deal at the cheapest price, then when they finally make their purchase they realise that they would have paid twice the price, or more, as it's such great value.

I wasn't disputing the price, but when I saw it for €38, why not go for it?
    I wouldn't go for this just because it's the first one I saw.. I was looking around.

I wasn't disputing the price, but when I saw it for €38, why not go for it?
    I wouldn't go for this just because it's the first one I saw.. I was looking around.

And you'll get it for face value on PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

And you'll get it for face value on PSN.
    ya i got mine there last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I am a PS+ subscriber and I obviously find it great value but what is wrong with trying to squeeze the price further? I got a PS3 only a few months ago and was happy to pay the €50 because I knew I would get value out of the sub but if it was available cheaper somewhere, I would have thought myself a fool to pay out the full price if a bargain could be had.
    I don't see why someone shouldn't try to get the best deal on anything. We're always urged to shop around for insurance, shopping or pretty much anything else, why not PS+ too.
    If it was twice the price, I wouldn't pay it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

i've got about 4 years of psplus stacked and never paid full price. Bought two subs reduced in ps store sales and then got deals on psn credit on adverts a couple of times like 50e for 40e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Can't see the problem of bargain hunting if you have the time and inclination. I've picked up a lot if not most of the games I have in sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

PlayStation Plus Offer for April fails?
    News ps3 ps vita PS4 Radoslaw Jelinek March 25, 2014 13:00
    On the Asian side of the dedicated PlayStation appeared 'll stick with games that will go in April to offer PlayStation Plus - obviously intended for the local market. Unfortunately, 99 percent of the United States and Europe will receive exactly the Order set.

Owners PlayStation 4 will be able to play for free in the Mercenary Kings - the poorest game in positive territory since the start of the PS4? Looks like it.

PlayStation 3 will receive three titles: Sly Cooper: Thieves in time, Soul Calibur 2 HD Online and NiGHTS into dream.

PlayStation Vita users will have to settle for Sly Cooper: Thieves in time and Dynasty Warriors Next.

Sorry cannot post link

jaffusmax wrote: »
    PlayStation Plus Offer for April fails?
    News ps3 ps vita PS4 Radoslaw Jelinek March 25, 2014 13:00
    On the Asian side of the dedicated PlayStation appeared 'll stick with games that will go in April to offer PlayStation Plus - obviously intended for the local market. Unfortunately, 99 percent of the United States and Europe will receive exactly the Order set.

Owners PlayStation 4 will be able to play for free in the Mercenary Kings - the poorest game in positive territory since the start of the PS4? Looks like it.

PlayStation 3 will receive three titles: Sly Cooper: Thieves in time, Soul Calibur 2 HD Online and NiGHTS into dream.

PlayStation Vita users will have to settle for Sly Cooper: Thieves in time and Dynasty Warriors Next.

Sorry cannot post link

Dynasty Warriors next was already on it for the Vita. There'd be uproar if they put it on again after only two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mercenary Kings (English Ver) Full game PS4™
    SOULCALIBUR™II HD ONLINE (English Ver) Full game PS3™
    Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (English Ver) Full game PS3™
    NiGHTS into dreams… (English/Japanese Ver.) Full game PS3™
    DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT (Japanese, English, Chinese ver.) Full game PS Vita
    Destiny of Spirits Orb35 (English/Chinese/Japanese Ver.) DLC PS Vita
    DEKAMORI SENRAN KAGURA Custom Theme 3 (Gessen Academy) Custom theme PS3™
    SSX (English Ver) (60-minute trial) Free Trial PS3™

http://blog.asia.playstation.com/community/hk/en/playstation_network/playstation_store/blog/2014/03/25/whats-on-psn-this-week--25th-march

There is a link for you, not sure why he is giving out about Mercenary Kings saw a friend of mine playing it on the PC and it looked fun, bare in mind though that is taken from the Asian PS blog. So the only game that we know for sure we will be getting here is Mercenary Kings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

jaffusmax wrote: »

Sorry cannot post link

Whaaaaaa? Thats fantastic if true!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Sigh... €40 for Final Fantasy X/X2... FFX was released in 2001... a 13 year old game.

Ps1/ps2 games should not be more than 10 euro, even then its too expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

flynner13 wrote: »
    Sigh... €40 for Final Fantasy X/X2... FFX was released in 2001... a 13 year old game.

Ps1/ps2 games should not be more than 10 euro, even then its too expensive...

But its not an old game as such. Its a remastered version so they didnt just take the exact same game and throw it up on the store. But i agree it is very expensive. It can be bought on wowhd for €27 but be prepared to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I understand it's "remastered" but sticking a new lick of paint on a 13 year old car hardly warrants a price which is 30% less than a brand new game at retail.

I bought the Resident Evil 2 last year for €13... I've played it once as it's more or less unplayable, certainly from an enjoyment point of view. (I appreciate that it's just a emulated version) but still to be charged over €10 for a game that is 15 years old... is just crap!

At the end of the day I've most likely paid full price for this game 10+ years ago, and now I'm being asked to pay almost the same price in comparative terms 13 years on.

I would only be playing these for nostalgic reasons, and at that price it's too much, even €27euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Agreed, but you are effectively getting 2 games. Should have been €30 euros tops. A certain Zelda game was recently re-released at full price:confused:

• Advertisement

flynner13 wrote: »
    I understand it's "remastered" but sticking a new lick of paint on a 13 year old car hardly warrants a price which is 30% less than a brand new game at retail.

I bought the Resident Evil 2 last year for €13... I've played it once as it's more or less unplayable, certainly from an enjoyment point of view. (I appreciate that it's just a emulated version) but still to be charged over €10 for a game that is 15 years old... is just crap!

At the end of the day I've most likely paid full price for this game 10+ years ago, and now I'm being asked to pay almost the same price in comparative terms 13 years on.

I would only be playing these for nostalgic reasons, and at that price it's too much, even €27euro.

If you think it's not worth then don't buy it. It's simple enough.

There's another sale starting today with the likes of Dishonoured reduced €9.99 with additional PS Plus discount:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/03/26/save-assassins-creed-need-speed-dragon-age-fallout-week/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Am I right in saying that's 8 euro for all the dishonoured DLC?

Looks like I'll be picking that and Fez up today if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is fez out today? Dont see it on the store yet or is it just late updating?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is fez out today? Dont see it on the store yet or is it just late updating?

It is out today, give the store another hour or so, it usually takes a few hours from lunchtime to fully update.

There are supposed to be the games for April:

Mercenary Kings on PS4, PES 2014 and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time on PS3, and Hotline Miami and MotoGP 13 on PS Vita.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/mercenary_kings/news/april_2014_playstation_plus_games_leaked.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Mercenary Kings on PS4, PES 2014 and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time on PS3, and Hotline Miami and MotoGP 13 on PS Vita.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/mercenary_kings/news/april_2014_playstation_plus_games_leaked.html

Mad to play Mercenary Kings. Reminds me so much of Metal Slug.

PES 2014 would be worth a go, considering I haven't played one since Pro Evolution Soccer 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Not too satisfied on that line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Damn it an I only bought hotline miami recently for €2. Lol ... Great game. Anyone who hasn't played it is in for a treat.....eh and a lot of death. It's up there with dark souls on the dying part.

Moto GP could be a bit of fun I suppose.

Looks like I continue with backlog games so.

For anyone on the ps3 end of things pro evo14 is good, well I have pes13 and I enjoyed it. You use arrows on screen to pick out passes you'd never have been able to do before. Bit of slow down here and there but overall a good footie game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Mercenary Kings looks good! Metal Slug kinda thing I take it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

PES2014 plays very good offline in my opinion, however, playing online is awful. Extremely laggy. I bought it back in October (having a PES fanboy back in the day) and have since traded it in :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement