Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Just wondering has Little Big Planet for the PS Vita ever been on the PS+?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just wondering has Little Big Planet for the PS Vita ever been on the PS+?

Not yet, but it was mentioned last year that it could be a future game, http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/08/22/future-ps3-ps-vita-playstation-plus-eu-free-games-discussed-driveclub-ps-edition-staying-free-at-least-until-march/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

tok9 wrote: »
    Wouldn't say Dead Nation was a dud. Wouldn't be as interested playing it by myself but it's a load of fun with a friend.

Does Dead Nation got Split screen?

On games for April.... Football game? Really? Footbal fans already bought all latest Fifa and other shiet already. Those who are not in to Football wont be playing it... Thats is the dumbest type of game to offer. Good for Sony though as not many people will bother getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I don't agree. I actually think it is a great game to be offering. Pro Evo has lost so many sales to FIFA in recent years it makes sense that they'll give it for free now to try to drive sales for Pro Evo 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I for one can't wait to give PES another chance for free you're right most people will have bought Fifa but wasn't always the case Pro Evo used to the best football game by far so alot of people will only love to get this to try it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I don't agree. I actually think it is a great game to be offering. Pro Evo has lost so many sales to FIFA in recent years it makes sense that they'll give it for free now to try to drive sales for Pro Evo 15.

Not to mention the sales of the World Cup dlc that it will generate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I was actually going to pick up PES this week so I'm glad i held off.
    Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Not to mention the sales of the World Cup dlc that it will generate.
    Not 100% sure, but think EA owns the right to the World Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

astonaidan wrote: »
    Not 100% sure, but think EA owns the right to the World Cup

Eurogamer Article
    An £8 World Cup add-on has been announced for PES 2014 on PS3 and Xbox 360, due 26th March.

A new International Cup competition, playable in Team or Player mode, lets you take your nation from qualifying to lifting that golden trophy of dreams.

The World Challenge DLC has a new visual look, new AI elements based around morale, and even cut-scenes. The official Brazilian team has been licensed, too.

A free game update will coincide with the release of the World Challenge DLC, adding new international kits and more realistic player likenesses of key international players.

The patch will also make gameplay smoother, apparently, and bring in new anti-cheating measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Does Dead Nation got Split screen?

No, the 2 characters are on the same screen so they are always in view. Has couch and online co op.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Another poor month for PS4, you would think at this stage they would even offer some halfway decent discounts.

hell even 5 euro off a AA title or the usually 1 euro off dlc or other titles.

It's basically been free plus indie games since launch 6 months ago and you could count the discounts on one hand.

And most of these games barely last 2 hours of gameplay.

Sony really need to start showing the PS4 some more love as i and even friends seem to be going back to their PS3's to play the better offerings and that should never need to happen.

BordorFox wrote: »
    Another poor month for PS4, you would think at this stage they would even offer some halfway decent discounts.

It's basically been free plus indie games since launch 6 months ago and you could count the discounts on one hand.

Sony really need to start showing the PS4 some more love as i and even friends seem to be going back to their PS3's to play the better offerings and that should never need to happen.

What do you expect them to do, start offering stuff like Killzone for free? Guarantee that if Knack or Killzone was free people would be far more annoyed than by the great indie titles were getting. I for one love that Sony are opting to focus on smaller indie titles rather than AAA titles that most people who own the console already have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

That happens in the months after nearly every single console release.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You have Tomb Raider for €28 and Thief for €35 on PSN this weekend. They are both sweet deals.

What do you expect with a 6 month old console, they can't be giving stuff away that does not exist yet. The PS3 had 4-5 years worth of stuff before they started giving it away. Have to get real here and look at the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sony are not going to be offering us big deals in the console's first year, also the indie games we have got have provided me with well over 50 hours worth of entertainment, better entertainment than any of the AAA games so far for the most part as well.

What do you expect them to do, start offering stuff like Killzone for free? Guarantee that if Knack or Killzone was free people would be far more annoyed than by the great indie titles were getting. I for one love that Sony are opting to focus on smaller indie titles rather than AAA titles that most people who own the console already have

Not really, but offering it at say €55 instead of €60 would be a start.

Which considering you can buy it for just over a tenner used doesn't seem that bad of a sacrifice.

The only discount that shows on the plus discount from November to March was tiny brains and was just a €1 reduction and now that has been removed and only fez exists there now with again €1 off.

I just think they could offer much better discounts, a lot of games that are out since launch should not still be full price.

You have Tomb Raider for €28 and Thief for €35 on PSN this weekend. They are both sweet deals.

What do you expect with a 6 month old console, they can't be giving stuff away that does not exist yet. The PS3 had 4-5 years worth of stuff before they started giving it away. Have to get real here and look at the facts.

Well 3 weeks before that i bought tomb raider at launch for €60, and now it's half that price, yet killzone or cod ghosts or even bf4 to just name a few are still €60-€70 still.

It'd not the fact that I'm asking for free AA titles but price reductions and better discounts, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Will you stop. The console is out a wet week. And so what if you have to play your PS3?

lertsnim wrote: »
    Will you stop. The console is out a wet week. And so what if you have to play your PS3?

It's people like you who agree we should be paying full price for games indefinately, you see this is why the likes of gamestop make billions while sony can just look on with despair, who wants to pay €70 for a game on PSN even a year after launch when they can get it cheaper on the highstreet and why there are hordes of people on even these boards trying to cheat their way around various stores local and international to save a buck, their money is not going back into sony, and this is where sony fails and why a lot want to copy the steam model and why it's so profitable.

Sony and it's partners should be enticing us to buy, not scaring us off to some Canadian website or parcel motel workarounds, unless you have plenty of money to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's people like you who agree we should be paying full price for games indefinately, you see this is why the likes of gamestop make billions while sony can just look on with despair, who wants to pay €70 for a game on PSN even a year after launch when they can get it cheaper on the highstreet and why there are hordes of people on even these boards trying to cheat their way around various stores local and international to save a buck, their money is not going back into sony, and this is where sony fails and why a lot want to copy the steam model and why it's so profitable.

Sony and it's partners should be enticing us to buy, not scaring us off to some Canadian website or parcel motel workarounds, unless you have plenty of money to spend.

You're being hysterical now. People like me are the reason why games are €70? What absolute nonsense.

I haven't paid Irish prices for a game in some time. Even with the PSN it is very easy to avoid Irish prices.

• Advertisement

Which considering you can buy it for just over a tenner used doesn't seem that bad of a sacrifice.

The only discount that shows on the plus discount from November to March was tiny brains and was just a €1 reduction and now that has been removed and only fez exists there now with again €1 off.

I just think they could offer much better discounts, a lot of games that are out since launch should not still be full price.

What exactly do you want, Sony to knock €5 off a game that most PS4 owners akready have? Tomb Raider and Thief are both heavily reduced atm which is a far better deal than a few euro off a launch title. Remember that for games such as BF4 the discounts are at the discretion of the distributor and not Sony. Maybe you should take your issues to EA and ask why they aren't enticing gamers to buy their product.

I think that a lot of people expect far too much from PS+. Each month they offer 5 or 6 games for free and each month people bitch and moan about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

This is up to the publisher of the game. Sony can't be telling publishers what to charge for their games, though I'm sure they work with them and make suggestions, ultimately it's up to the publisher what they want to charge for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Well 3 weeks before that i bought tomb raider at launch for €60, and now it's half that price, yet killzone or cod ghosts or even bf4 to just name a few are still €60-€70 still.

It'd not the fact that I'm asking for free AA titles but price reductions and better discounts, yes.

Well the your better off selling your ps4 and getting yourself an xbox one see how well you get on getting a discount there,see what you get for your 60 euros,and what free games they offer you each month lol,we all know your a microsoft fan boy at heart :P

What exactly do you want, Sony to knock €5 off a game that most PS4 owners akready have? Tomb Raider and Thief are both heavily reduced atm which is a far better deal than a few euro off a launch title. Remember that for games such as BF4 the discounts are at the discretion of the distributor and not Sony. Maybe you should take your issues to EA and ask why they aren't enticing gamers to buy their product.

I think that a lot of people expect far too much from PS+. Each month they offer 5 or 6 games for free and each month people bitch and moan about it.

Well 5-6 games is great if you happen to be wealthy enough to own all Sony formats, otherwise plus shrinks to 1 title if you're a ps4 owner or 2 if you're a ps3 owner, saying 5-6 is sugar coating it.

EA was mentioned as an example and only that, but i meant all studios who have titles in the market. Plus is marketed aggressively with it's free content and discounts and has for years, if sony has no say in these discounts then what's the point saying it's part of their service or benefits of being a subscriber.

The thief and tomb raider offers are not PS+ offers so they're null void in the plus debate and i originally stated the only official discount in the sony store for the time stated was fez and tiny brains but it's great to see that square enix is offering us those reductions if not just for 2 days.The knack reduction was also not a PS+ discount.

PS. you don't have to get upset if my opinion doesn't match yours, we're unique for a reason and no sony employees were harmed in the making of this post.

cobraeire wrote: »
    Well the your better off selling your ps4 and getting yourself an xbox one see how well you get on getting a discount there,see what you get for your 60 euros,and what free games they offer you each month lol,we all know your a microsoft fan boy at heart :P

lol, didn't you and your xbox partner in crime miju get a tattoo of the xbox icon on your arm?

6430535891_9ea246eac8_z.jpg

the truth is out there cobra

lol, didn't you and your xbox partner in crime miju get a tattoo of the xbox icon on your arm?

6430535891_9ea246eac8_z.jpg

the truth is out there cobra

there`s ginger hairs on that arm son,that`s all you

cobraeire wrote: »
    there`s ginger hairs on that arm son,that`s all you

lol, i thought you were ginger

Well 5-6 games is great if you happen to be wealthy enough to own all Sony formats, otherwise plus shrinks to 1 title if you're a ps4 owner or 2 if you're a ps3 owner, saying 5-6 is sugar coating it.

EA was mentioned as an example and only that, but i meant all studios who have titles in the market. Plus is marketed aggressively with it's free content and discounts and has for years, if sony has no say in these discounts then what's the point saying it's part of their service or benefits of being a subscriber.

The thief and tomb raider offers are not PS+ offers so they're null void in the plus debate and i originally stated the only official discount in the sony store for the time stated was fez and tiny brains but it's great to see that square enix is offering us those reductions if not just for 2 days.The knack reduction was also not a PS+ discount.

PS. you don't have to get upset if my opinion doesn't match yours, we're unique for a reason and no sony employees were harmed in the making of this post.

They still offer up to 6 games a month and considering that for under €300 you can get both a PS3 and a Vita it's not like you have to be all that wealthy to own all 3 consoles.

We're talking about a console that hasn't been released 6 months and as such a lack of discounts and price cuts is understandable. Considering the expense that went I to developing PS4 titles it's not unexpected that great deals aren't all that common. But that said if you want Killzone or Knack then why not buy it in store where you'll get them for under €30 apiece. Or buy them on the American PS where they're cheap. Sony make it very easy for you to buy from all their stores and get the best deal.

Since the PS4 launched we've had a free game each month and not one of them has been a dud. The general response from gamers has been largely positive and anyone who can't see the value is just looking for an excuse to complain. Also remember that no one is forcing you to have plus. Sure many of the games require it for online but no one is forcing you to pay for it. He'll, Xbox users have been forced to pay for Live since the 360 launched and for years all they got was the privilege to play online. The recent games for gold has been a farce compared to what Sony offer.

They still offer up to 6 games a month and considering that for under €300 you can get both a PS3 and a Vita it's not like you have to be all that wealthy to own all 3 consoles.

We're talking about a console that hasn't been released 6 months and as such a lack of discounts and price cuts is understandable. Considering the expense that went I to developing PS4 titles it's not unexpected that great deals aren't all that common. But that said if you want Killzone or Knack then why not buy it in store where you'll get them for under €30 apiece. Or buy them on the American PS where they're cheap. Sony make it very easy for you to buy from all their stores and get the best deal.

Since the PS4 launched we've had a free game each month and not one of them has been a dud. The general response from gamers has been largely positive and anyone who can't see the value is just looking for an excuse to complain. Also remember that no one is forcing you to have plus. Sure many of the games require it for online but no one is forcing you to pay for it. He'll, Xbox users have been forced to pay for Live since the 360 launched and for years all they got was the privilege to play online. The recent games for gold has been a farce compared to what Sony offer.

I only use my PS4 now so i only get one game a month, i don't have a vita and i gave my ps3 to my nephew, so plus subscription to me is 1 game.

I also own killzone and knack and tombraider already, I can understand the lack of €2 discounts, but only tiny brains offered from November to march was poor as is the game, but then that's my personal opinion and you should just take as a pinch of salt.

I have owned both and all consoles bar the new xbox one in my lifetime so i know all about xbox live in general and how bad games for gold was and still is, but if microsoft would have adopted the steam model like they wanted to, that would make a big difference to that downfall. The game swap system would have been great too, I don't know if you would like that option but i for one would.

Fez not only joined tiny brains in the discount section but it ultimately replaced it, so will fez lay there on it's lonesome for another 5 months like tiny brains, maybe..maybe not.

Perhaps sony should mark these offers outside PS+ as plus discounts so it wouldn't look so bare in there, even as timed discounts. As a plus member i would never have known about this offer if i didn't read the blog or came here. SCEA offered call of duty ghosts for half price almost a month ago, pity SCEE will never give us that offer.

But there is always may :D

• Advertisement

lol, i thought you were ginger

no i`m all golden blonde ;) i dont have no carrot top :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement