Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

EJ22 wrote: »
    April content for Plus announced on US website

That's PS+ content for the US.
    Thanks for letting us know what they're getting.
    Any idea what us europeans are getting?.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

F1ngers wrote: »
    That's PS+ content for the US.
    Thanks for letting us know what they're getting.
    Any idea what us europeans are getting?.

Well before i posted it, I made sure to check what the US content for March was and cross-examined what had changed and what hadn't. As i found, I think maybe one thing changed from US to EU.

I don't know for certain what Europeans are getting, but based on the research I done before posting the US list, it is most likely to be the same or very similar. And if I'm wrong I'm going to look like a tool lol.

I'm assuming that the EU playstation blog will announce it tomorrow as the US get their content on a tuesday, so by announcing it 8 days in advance it lets subscribers/potential subs know what they're getting. Following the same structure, the EU PS+ content should be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DracusWlf

Does anyone know it we are getting the final fantasy discounts like the US did last week? Maybe this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

DracusWlf wrote: »
    Does anyone know it we are getting the final fantasy discounts like the US did last week? Maybe this week?

We got them a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DracusWlf

Doh i missed it. Rats. oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

No ps plus content until tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

European PS+ content

From April 4th:
    Shift 2: Unleashed – 100% off
    You save £19.99/€29.99
    Shank 2 – 100% off
    You save £7.99/€9.99
    Silent Hill (PSone Classic) – 100% off
    You save £5.49/€6.99
    Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims (minis) – 100% off
    You save £2.49/€2.99
    Golf Mania (minis) – 100% off
    You save £2.49/€2.99
    I Am Alive! – 20% off until April 18th
    You save £1.59/€1.99
    Wheels of Destruction – 20% off until April 18th
    You save £1.59/€1.99
    Mesh Plus-Exclusive Dynamic Theme – 100% off
    You save £1.59/€1.99
    Samurai Plus-Exclusive Dynamic Theme – 100% off
    You save £1.59/€1.99
    Six Plus-Exclusive Avatars: Dead Cloud; Mutant Skull; Gear and Green/Brown/Pink Demon Beans
    You save £0.21/€0.25 per avatar
    Escape Plan Avatar Bundle
    You save £0.79/€0.99
    Still to come later this month:
    Pure Chess – Launch discount and Park DLC included at no-cost
    House of the Dead 4 – Launch discount, free Theme and Avatars
    Sonic CD and other Sonic content exclusively discounted for Plus members
    Loads of additional Plus discounts on upcoming sale items, including a launch discount on ‘Episodes from Liberty City‘ on April 11th

EDIT: disappointed to not see the Ghost Recon Beta, god damn american PS Store

RE-EDIT: The Reason why Beta not included: "The situation with the Future Soldier Beta in SCEE is not yet clear so I’m afraid I’m unable to comment at this point. Rest assured we are fully aware that there will be Plus involvement for the beta in SCEA and if we are able to do something similar here then we will."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is Shift 2 any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

So anyone tried Shift 2? I know it's free this month but I don't want to download it unless it's going to get played a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

thanks for the post, hopefully they are still on the PSN, it was reported down today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Down for me, after having my ps3 gathering dust for months, go out buy credit stuff for it and come home to find it down bah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Arawn wrote: »
    Down for me, after having my ps3 gathering dust for months, go out buy credit stuff for it and come home to find it down bah

It was announced on the PS Twitter feed, Blog, Facebook page and website that there was going to be maintenance, as well as on sites like Joystiq.

Its unfortunate that it happens but they do at least try to inform people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

It seems to happen on a near weekly or monthly pattern. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

RangeR wrote: »

Id say its almost full on paranoia there since the breach last year. Every little defect they come across is probably accompanied by a big red button and alarm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

It was a routine scheduled maintenance. There was a notice on a few sites.

It was a routine scheduled maintenance. There was a notice on a few sites.

And???? I know that. My point is why are these ROUTINE scheduled maintenance occurrences happening on such regular time frames?

It's ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

And???? I know that. My point is why are these ROUTINE scheduled maintenance occurrences happening on such regular time frames?

It's ridiculous

trust me, with the servers being as large and such a massive amount of traffic on them, you want them to have regular maintenance. It will stop lag occurring etc

RedXIV wrote: »
    trust me, with the servers being as large and such a massive amount of traffic on them, you want them to have regular maintenance. It will stop lag occurring etc

I don't take that as an excuse. If that IS the reason, they have a far bigger problem than lag. These days, it's not that hard to take a server off line without effecting service [Cluster]

At least once a month, sometimes more, we are told that PSN is coming down. This is account activations, login, online play, shop, everything. This can not just to give the servers a "reboot"

How often does xBox network have these issues? [I don't have an xBox so don't keep up on such things.]

When was the last time Steam went down? Not just for playing [as servers are democratised] but even to login to purchase a game? I can't remember the last time. It's certainly less than once a year.

Forget gaming on PSN. when this happens, it effects all services. I pay a monthly Netflix. When I finish work, the last thing I want to see is that I can't log in and watch a movie because the framework is down.

I regularly have issues logging into Steam to play Football Manager. Piece of **** platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I don't take that as an excuse. If that IS the reason, they have a far bigger problem than lag. These days, it's not that hard to take a server off line without effecting service [Cluster]

At least once a month, sometimes more, we are told that PSN is coming down. This is account activations, login, online play, shop, everything. This can not just to give the servers a "reboot"

How often does xBox network have these issues? [I don't have an xBox so don't keep up on such things.]

When was the last time Steam went down? Not just for playing [as servers are democratised] but even to login to purchase a game? I can't remember the last time. It's certainly less than once a year.

Forget gaming on PSN. when this happens, it effects all services. I pay a monthly Netflix. When I finish work, the last thing I want to see is that I can't log in and watch a movie because the framework is down.
    I've an xbox online for just coming up on 3 years now...I remember it being down once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The reason is security & being hacked. That was a disaster for them and now theyre hell bent on it never happening again. That means constant research and constant patches while trying to maintain a stable platform. End result is its easier to take it all down for a couple of hours and apply all these then moving server to server since it'll never stop then.
    Before that breach it wasn't nearly as common and updates actually contained new features. The fact it happened once means youre gonna have a sh!t tonne more people trying their luck at doing it again. If the same level of breach occurred to Live or Steam youd notice a difference there too

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I regularly have issues logging into Steam to play Football Manager. Piece of **** platform.

Know your ****e before you throw mud. What you are experiencing is not a steam problem or it would effect millions of people. The problem is localised to your house or Football manager. But this isn't the place to diagnose it.

Steam is actually pretty good and one of the best forms of DRM that I've seen [not that I am pro DRM at all.] bar second hand market.

Meh, ignore. Really can't be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe this was asked before.
    I've got a 3 month PS Plus subscription. I got Trine 2 last month using this. On Saturday past, I decided to start playing. I was logged in but was still able to play. I always thought you needed to be logged in and the game was locked to your account.
    Anyway, my question is: Since this game was free with PS Plus, would I be able to keep playing it after my subscription runs out if I stay offline? Was just something I was wondering. Or even if I did log in after the expiration then tried to play offline, would it work?

Must check it out when my subscription runs out next month.

I think it checks if you've got a valid PS+ subscription before it loads so if you're offline (or if PSN is down) then you wouldn't be able to play.

On a sidenote, what is Trine 2 like? Any good?

But I wasn't logged in and I could still play Trine 2, so how did they know I had a valid account? Unless Trine 2 was treated like a game purchased with a discount.

As for the game, I'll put it this way: I started Saturday night at 2, stopped at 4, started again at 6 the next evening and finished the game at about 12. Short enough.
    So yeah I really enjoyed it enough to want to keep going. Just played Trine the week before as well. Puzzle game with multiple solutions, some of which feel like cheating. :) Also has 3 player coop, but I just played single player switching between characters.

Don't know if you've played the first Trine or maybe even Lost Vikings back in the day but if you like the way it looks on youtube or somewhere then it plays just as well as it looks. I played Trine on PC through Steam and this on PS3 so can say both sets of controls work well. Only downside I really noticed was moving a cursor was slower on occasion for PS3 but not a major complaint.

I've not played Trine, no. I just downloaded it because it was free and I'd heard it was pretty decent. Will I get what's going on with this having not played the earlier games?

Oh yeah. Wasn't a complex story in the first place. Basically, artifact called the Trine caused them to all inhabit the same body and they had to save the kingdom. And they got rewarded at the end and separated again. And that's the first game in a nutshell.

Was just handy knowing how to use their abilities but there are individual intro levels in Trine 2 to give you an idea of what they can do. And as there's no time limit and if you're safe enough from enemies, you can just mess around with the buttons yourself to get the hang of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But I wasn't logged in and I could still play Trine 2, so how did they know I had a valid account? Unless Trine 2 was treated like a game purchased with a discount.

It's yours to keep until your subscription ends.

• Advertisement

But, unless I misread him, his question was how does it know if he's got a valid subscription if he stays offline?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement