Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

You don't have to buy the pass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Just saw Rooney in PES14, I need to go wash my eyes out!!!!! The Horror, The Horror!

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Just saw Rooney in PES14, I need to go wash my eyes out!!!!! The Horror, The Horror!

Have you added a option file?
    It'll give you all the correct kits for teams Arsenal,Man City etc.. and Adds the Bundesliga + loads of other leagues and player faces.

Here's what i'll be using. http://paul2478pesoptionfiles.blogspot.com.au/p/pes-2014-of-download-links.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Have you added a option file?
    It'll give you all the correct kits for teams Arsenal,Man City etc.. and Adds the Bundesliga + loads of other leagues and player faces.

Here's what i'll be using. http://paul2478pesoptionfiles.blogspot.com.au/p/pes-2014-of-download-links.html

New to pes. What is the option file. Looks like rar files from the link you have. How would you add that to ps3 ? Does the game allow link to file on USB key ?

Damien360 wrote: »
    New to pes. What is the option file. Looks like rar files from the link you have. How would you add that to ps3 ? Does the game allow link to file on USB key ?

The option file basically adds Kits,players,league,boots etc to the game. Most Premier League teams don't have kits so people make a option file with them pre made. Its basically a big mod :D

Its pretty straight forward to install. You only need a USB stick and a computer to transfer the files.

Here's a really good guide - http://www.scribd.com/doc/173841087/PESianity-PES-2014-Option-File-Installation-Guide-for-PS3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Options files are essential for PES. As a gunner, having the proper jersey is brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

this option file will make pes at least somewhat worth downloading lol

are the games out yet? im looking forward to playing that metal slug rip off game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Not impressed at all with Hotline Miami. Usually I get excited when I see a game with such basic graphics in this day and age because it more often than not means the gameplay makes up for it.
    Sadly not this one for me.

Not impressed at all with Hotline Miami. Usually I get excited when I see a game with such basic graphics in this day and age because it more often than not means the gameplay makes up for it.
    Sadly not this one for me.

Is that PS4 or PS3?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hotline Miami is an immense, challenging and subversive games in many ways. A great mix of classic gaming design ethos and modernist aesthetic and mechanical flair. It can and will kick your ass in a second, but it's always worth coming back for a bit of the old ultraviolence. Also quite disturbing in its way - there's both a shocking casualness and enjoyably surrealistic edge to the violence, and the narrative goes in some increasingly unnerving directions as it progresses.

Always mean to see how it translated to a controller, actually, so must download it.

And that soundtrack!

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Is that PS4 or PS3?

PS3, not there would be much difference graphically on PS4. It's Commodore 64 style :pac:

Hotline Miami is an immense, challenging and subversive games in many ways. A great mix of classic gaming design ethos and modernist aesthetic and mechanical flair. It can and will kick your ass in a second, but it's always worth coming back for a bit of the old ultraviolence. Also quite disturbing in its way - there's both a shocking casualness and enjoyably surrealistic edge to the violence, and the narrative goes in some increasingly unnerving directions as it progresses.

Always mean to see how it translated to a controller, actually, so must download it.

And that soundtrack!

I will give it another try, didn't play it for long but first impressions were not great.
    Loving the soundtrack sure enough, it might help keep my interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Hotline Miami is worth playing for the soundtrack alone.

Never got around to finishing it actually, gets fairly tricky towards the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

So PES is awful anyway :) I'm glad I didn't pay for it. It's hard to believe that it's from the same series that I used to waste hours on every day.

So PES is awful anyway :) I'm glad I didn't pay for it. It's hard to believe that it's from the same series that I used to waste hours on every day.

I'm loving it.
    Its a great change from *Chip it over the top to a fast striker 14* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hotline miami Is absolutely brilliant, bought it last year and works perfect with the controller, an essential game for everyone to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

MercenaryKingsLogo.png

I tried mercenary kings on PS4 and after 2 hours of the worst network play ever i deleted it.

If you have your game set to invite only, it just lets anybody in.

most of my friends i tried to invite could never get in and the audio is terrible and cracks up a lot.

Crashed a number of times also, i heard it had some bugs but this was bad.

past a somewhat nostalgic feel, this game is absolutely terrible.

Lets just hope they will fix it in the future and i may re-download the 338mb file (approx)

1/5 .. the 1 point just for been free at this time.

And before the clique jump me again for having an opinion, i know it's free, doesn't mean it can't have a review.

As for hotline miami, i'll give it a go when it does finally come out for PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I have not played Mercenary Kings yet, but have watched a friend of mine playing it on the PC and he loves it and it looks like great fun, not sure how people could say it is terrible, it is very camp but in a good way and reminds me of late 80's and early 90's games like Contra, hell you can even stab people with a fish or cat sword.

The battlefield ce-error crash can be avoided by not pressing any button after you see mission success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Xenji wrote: »
    I have not played Mercenary Kings yet, but have watched a friend of mine playing it on the PC and he loves it and it looks like great fun, not sure how people could say it is terrible, it is very camp but in a good way and reminds me of late 80's and early 90's games like Contra, hell you can even stab people with a fish or cat sword.

That's why i mentioned the nostalgic part, but the game itself is very buggy, if it wasn't it would have been ok to play but after trying to get the online play working for 2 hours i gave up on it, perhaps it didn't port over from pc as well as they'd hoped but my experience with it was not a good one, maybe when you try it you will have more luck.

in case you wondered, you can't lower the music volume while in game, you have to leave to lower the volume and go back to main menu, so if you want to do that, do it before you go in-game or you will end up muting the tv lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

mercenaries not my type of game but will try out sly for sure on the ps3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Hotline Miami is such a gem. I'm trapped in the 80's so, I was always going to love it. Bought it when it first came out.

No interest in Pro Evo. Played the Demo at the time and didn't like it. Don't like Fifa on PS3, either, but the PS4 one is where it's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah I couldn't get into Mercenary Kings at all, played it coop for nearly two hours and the difficulty curve is way too high ( intentional I guess ) but it takes all the fun out of it for me. Even to start upgrading guns you have to do the first mission which took me and my friend 3 tries to complete, its insane, its not something that I wanna come home to and be stressed out playing so im done with it. *Also yeah the music is annoying as fúck :E

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Tried MK last night... was it me is it a bit slow? Like, I want Metal Slug style action straight away, and you just don't get that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Do you still need to buy the online pass to play pes 14 online or does it become free once you buy the game with PS+ or what? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Mercernary Kings looks like Metal Slug but definitely doesn't play like it. Some people have compared it to Borderlands (never played it so wouldn't know).

I would compare it to a mission orientated Fallout. You go to areas, sometimes the same area for different missions and achieve certain objectives. There appears to be a fairly large weapon customisation tree, allowing you to upgrade weapons, abilities, items etc.

I'm a little disappointed that it's not a straight up shooter ala Metal Slug. Played 2 missions last night and they were fairly slow paced and I felt vulnerable as my weapon wasn't great. Not sure about others but it seems difficult enough.

I'll keep an open mind on it and see how it goes over the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Tinie wrote: »
    Do you still need to buy the online pass to play pes 14 online or does it become free once you buy the game with PS+ or what? Thanks

Online Pass comes with the PS Plus download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Keeps on trying to charge me for games, membership expires on 16th of this month. Has it expired already?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

BordorFox wrote: »
    MercenaryKingsLogo.png

I tried mercenary kings on PS4 and after 2 hours of the worst network play ever i deleted it.

If you have your game set to invite only, it just lets anybody in.

most of my friends i tried to invite could never get in and the audio is terrible and cracks up a lot.

Crashed a number of times also, i heard it had some bugs but this was bad.

past a somewhat nostalgic feel, this game is absolutely terrible.

Lets just hope they will fix it in the future and i may re-download the 338mb file (approx)

1/5 .. the 1 point just for been free at this time.

And before the clique jump me again for having an opinion, i know it's free, doesn't mean it can't have a review.

As for hotline miami, i'll give it a go when it does finally come out for PS4.

Could not agree more. Terrible game in my opinion. I'm all for these indie games or nostalgic ones but I think it's the worst game I've played in a long long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

RasTa wrote: »
    Keeps on trying to charge me for games, membership expires on 16th of this month. Has it expired already?

I think I remember that it's now done on a monthly basis now, so while it's not expired you don't get this months games. If you get a 12 month sub, you get the first 12 plus monthly updates and not all the updates released in the 12 months since subscribing.

But then again sometimes on the web store it just doesn't load your account properly, so I could be wrong but I think it did move to a fully monthly subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Not sure about that Varik, my sub is due to run out this month and I got the new games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement