Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Picked up Driver San Fransisco for €4.50. Haven't played a Driver game since the latter days of PS1, seemed like a bargain I couldn't resist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Picked up Killzone:Mercenary, OlliOlli, Retro City Rampage and Playstation All Stars for just over 30 quid. Not a bad sale at all :)

Only gave Playstation All Stars Battle Royal a go earlier and have to say it's not as bad as reviews have made it out. Maybe it's that ultimate update that was just released fixed it. If a few of you pick it up, I wouldn't mind having a boards.ie night on it :pac:

I've always enjoyed all-stars, but I did get annoyed how you could pretty much win by picking Dante, Kratos or Raiden. Hopefully the latest update balanced everything out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Picked up Driver San Fransisco for €4.50. Haven't played a Driver game since the latter days of PS1, seemed like a bargain I couldn't resist :)

Only got around to playing this now. Impressive looking game, must be 60FPS? It's probably the smoothest looking game I've played on PS3.
    Not too crazy on the actual gameplay and story yet but it's early days.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Went to buy the Wolf Among Us but there was no Plus discount. I know 80c isn't much but just curious if there is meant to be one or did anyone get it with the discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Went to buy the Wolf Among Us but there was no Plus discount. I know 80c isn't much but just curious if there is meant to be one or did anyone get it with the discount?

Think it's the only one that didn't have a discount. Absolute steal at 8 quid anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cheers. Just wanted to be sure. Guess I'll have to buy it then.

By the time they release episode 5, I may be up to date on the comics. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

2505262-psplusaprildiscounts.png

Sony actually offering some decent PS4 plus discounts at last.

Will have to pick up the lego marvel for my nephew.

Don't think I'll be getting the chess game but i will definately be getting Trials Fusion this Wednesday.

Just wondering if i should bother getting the season pass with Trials if it already has community based tracks, that well could be endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

BordorFox wrote: »
    Will have to pick up the lego marvel for my nephew.

I will be picking that up for me. My PS4 is criminally underused lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I wasn't sure where to put this, I suppose this is the best place.. So here goes.. There is a US flash sale at the minute, (Requires a US account on your PS). Some decent prices.

Some people may think this is too much hassle, and some (like me), may think it's worth the savings. A couple of ways to do it.

You can add funds via paypal (Minimum $5) into an account from here - https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action - connect with US account.
    Or you could buy a US PSN card from here - http://www.amazon.com/10-PlayStation-Store-Gift-Card/dp/B00GAC1D2G/
    or
    Via Paypal (Immediate reply) - http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/

ORIGINAL SOURCE

List of games:

Title price Promo original price
    Back to the Future: The Game - Full Series $0.99 $ 19.99
    Blast Factor $0.99 $ 9.99
    Braid $0.99 $ 14.99
    Crash Bandicoot $0.99 $ 5.99
    Crash Bandicoot 2 $0.99 $5.99
    Crash Bandicoot 3: WARPED $0.99 $ 5.99
    Crash Commando $0.99 $ 9.99
    CTR: Crash Team Racing $0.99 $ 5.99
    echochrome ii $0.99 $ 9.99
    Everyday Shooter (PS3) $0.99 $ 9.99
    Everyday Shooter (PSP |) PS Vita) $0.99 $ 7.99
    Gex: Enter the Gecko $0.99 $ 5.99
    Gotham City Impostors $0.99 $ 14.99
    Jurassic Park: The Game - Full Season $0.99 $ 19.99
    Plants vs Zombies $0.99 $ 10.49
    Red Faction 2 PS2 Classic $0.99 $ 9.99
    Red Faction PS2 Classic $0.99 $ 9.99
    Red Faction: Battlegrounds $0.99 $ 9.99
    Retro City Rampage (PS Vita) $0.99 $ 9.99
    Retro City Rampage (PS3) $0.99 $ 9.99
    Retro/Grade $0.99 $ 9.99
    "Sam & Max" The Devil's Playhouse $0.99 $ 19.99
    Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! $0.99 $ 5.99
    Spyro: The Dragon $0.99 $ 5.99
    Spyro: Year of the Dragon $0.99 $ 5.99
    Stuntman: Ignition PS2 Classic $0.99 $ 9.99
    Super Stardust HD $0.99 $ 9.99
    Tales of Monkey Island $0.99 $ 19.99
    Tokyo Jungle $0.99 $ 14.99
    Urban Trial Freestyle (PS Vita) $0.99 $ 9.99
    Urban Trial Freestyle (PS3) $0.99 $ 14.99
    When Vikings Attack (PS Vita) $0.99 $ 9.99
    When Vikings Attack (PS3) $0.99 $ 9.99
    World Gone Sour $0.99 $ 4.99

EDIT - You can buy every game for €24.37

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I really don't understand why Tokyo Jungle hasn't been ported to Vita. Would be such a good game for it.

Hmm tempted to finally sort out the US account and get Braid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Thanks for that Allyall. Made a US account, added $10 and got 10 games. Took about 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

DjFlin wrote: »
    Thanks for that Allyall. Made a US account, added $10 and got 10 games. Took about 10 mins.
    That easy?!!? Tempted but I don't have time to play the games I have... I wouldn't mind having a look at Jurassic Park and Back to the Future for that price though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

erkifino wrote: »
    That easy?!!? Tempted but I don't have time to play the games I have... I wouldn't mind having a look at Jurassic Park and Back to the Future for that price though...

Yup. Signed up for the US account with a fake address. Got the $10 credit from
    http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/

Super easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

any idea on next months line up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

phobia2011 wrote: »
    any idea on next months line up?

It is too early yet, give it another week before we have an official announcement, but speculation will begin around Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Predicting Splinter Cell Blacklist

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Making a guess for Injustice: Gods Among Us, it's out on all 3 platforms and the game has been on sales a number of times recently.

Considering Octodad: Dadliest Catch, is likely to sell well I doubt it'll be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Varik wrote: »
    Making a guess for Injustice: Gods Among Us, it's out on all 3 platforms and the game has been on sales a number of times recently.

Considering Octodad: Dadliest Catch, is likely to sell well I doubt it'll be on it.

I'd love Injustice for PS4, I'm sure we will get Chess though.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

May's PS Plus!

Stick it to the Man (PS4)
    Payday 2 (PS3)
    Puppeteer (PS3)
    Muramasa Rebirth (Vita)
    Everybody’s Golf (Vita)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

CombatCow wrote: »
    May's PS Plus!

Payday 2 (PS3)
    Puppeteer (PS3)
    Muramasa Rebirth (Vita)
    Everybody’s Golf (Vita)

Any idea of the date for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

May's PS Plus!

Payday 2 (PS3)
    Puppeteer (PS3)
    Muramasa Rebirth (Vita)
    Everybody’s Golf (Vita)

I got Puppeteer a few weeks back, still in wrapper. Muramasa for the Wii still in wrapper and I guess I wont be getting Stick it to the Man for the Wii U when its out, nice line up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Any idea of the date for them?

30 April.

That's a quality line-up for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

May's PS Plus!

Payday 2 (PS3)
    Puppeteer (PS3)
    Muramasa Rebirth (Vita)
    Everybody’s Golf (Vita)

Stick it to the Man - Just looked at the Triller for it looks like something that might be fun to play so will give it a go.

Payday 2 - Meh

Puppeteer - Been wonting to play this for a while so can't wait to play it as i will have to dust off the old PS move now :P

Muramasa Rebirth - Looks like something i would play on the vita so will play it once to see what its like. But i am afraid that this will be like dragons crown :rolleyes:

Everybody’s Golf - Delighted for this one loved the game on the PSP back in the day put countless hours into it. Cant wait to start playing this.

Looks like a very good month for PS+ not really mainstream games but stuff that is a lest worth a look and a few good reviewed games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Polar101

I have so many Vita games from this thing now, maybe I should buy a Vita. And a bigger hard drive for PS3.

Everybody's Golf sounds just like something I'd enjoy on the Vita.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I was going to buy everybodys golf if it was in the easter sale, thankfully i held out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Muramasa Rebirth is one of the best games on the Vita and possibly the best looking as well, it does not wind up being a repetitive button masher either like Dragons Crown, it actually takes quite a bit of skill and timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Payday 2 will be well worth a play. I tried buying Everybody's Golf for PS3 a few weeks back, really wish it was crossplay or free for PS3 as well. Never heard of stick it to the man, must look it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Payday 2 will be well worth a play. I tried buying Everybody's Golf for PS3 a few weeks back, really wish it was crossplay or free for PS3 as well. Never heard of stick it to the man, must look it up.

stick it to the man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

sheehy83 wrote: »

Stick it to the Man is pleasant enough for a couple of hours but not really that great. It becomes pretty repetitive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks like another poor offering for ps4 users, can't be much worse than Mercenary Kings tho.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement