Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Tearaway is trial and unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

petejmk wrote: »
    Tearaway is trial and unlock

So is Bentley's Hackpack and others, but some now, the Demo is gone. Some seem to be removed.. :confused:

Ahh... Tearaway worked yesterday perfectly, I'm hoping when I get home some of these will, Is it maybe a matter of time - Get them as fast as possible?

My friend says some didn't work (He's at home) and didn't ellaborate much more..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

It says buy game while playing teraway it is still the demo versions :*(

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Checked Fez there and it still had 'Unlock Full Game' in the menu :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Has May's free PS4 game been announced yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

NeVeR wrote: »
    Has May's free PS4 game been announced yet ?

Stick It To The Man

anyone else sick of these BS games on PS4's PSplus. !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The console has only been out a few months, you are not going to get anything but indie games till at least November/December.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

FEZ isn't working for me. Still says 'full game unlock' in menu

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    The console has only been out a few months, you are not going to get anything but indie games till at least November/December.

ah i know.. just a little rant.... i know it's new.. it just seeing what the PS3 gets :(

I sold my PS3.. and I would have kept it if I had of known about PSplus before hand..

When you didn't need it to play online I never even looked into it.. when I needed it to play with the PS4 i seen what the PS3 got and was like... WHY DID I SELL IT !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

That's a shame.. Sorry :o.
    I thought after the first worked, the others would also. I still haven't been able to try the ones (Trial/Demo and unlock) from today (Friday)..

Ah, better to have posted and possible, than pondered and missed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

free is free
    why are you so ungrateful ? its not like they have to give you anything at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    free is free

PS+ is not free if you have to pay for it as a yearly subscription, regardless how you look at it.

It's easy for people who still have a PS3 to look down at people with nothing but a PS4 at the moment getting nothing but indie games that last for 2-3 hours max.

This and the lack of AA titles can make a player frustrated and disappointed, but this is just a result of early adoption and sometimes it pays and sometimes it just doesn't pay off.

Players can vent off about their disapproval as much as players can vent about how good ps+ is and you will always have both sides of that equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    free is free

Posssibly the worst post I've seen in the PS forum..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

This is the reason why I have held off on buying a PS4 for at least a year and just stick with my PS3.

It was always going to be the thing that the PS+ IGC for it was going to be poor until there was a decent library of games built up for it. I don't know what other way Sony could have worked it. Giving away Triple A games on the IGC from the PS4 launch date was never gonna happen. IMO it'll take until at least Sept of this year before they start releasing non-indie games on the PS4 IGC. ACIV Black Flag could be one of the early ones. After that happens there'll be a steady stream of quality games for the PS4 IGC after that.

At the moment I'm really enjoying the PS3 content, with the exception of PES 14 last month, there's been a lot of good games. Playing Sly Cooper at the moment, seems really good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well I could easily counterpoint that the expectation of AAA is completely and utterly unreasonable since even a cursory look at the PS3 Plus releases would highlight it takes a year or so after release, at least, for the AAA games to show up on the service.

I could remember that almost every single console through history has a dripfeed of releases for the first year to 18 months - maybe longer.

I could also point out that many of the first batch of AAA we can expect - Killzone and Knack - are ****ter than any of the games released on PS4 Plus thus far.

I could further observe we have at least a free version of Drive Club on the way, and it's best that they make a good game than a hastily released one.

I could estimate that Sony are spending millions getting these games for PS4 Plus to keep players happy, as well as the cost of procuring the ever generous Vita and PS3 offerings.

I could point in the direction of Microsoft, who have offered early adopters of the One nothing but a few free to play titles. And they have mandatory paid online too.

I could say, but I would have hoped it went without saying, that the most interesting things in gaming are happening in independent games, and that Sony's commitment to them is perhaps the most exciting thing about the PS4, far and above the mediocre blockbusters we can expect.

I could just say the word Resogun, and leave it at that.

I could finally point out it saddens me to have to point this out every month :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I disagree anyway. The only game I haven't thought much of is Contrast.

All the rest I enjoyed (to a lesser extent Mercenary Kings) and Resogun is the best game on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Maybe just sticky it and add to the list each month.
    Also if folk don't have the vita / PS3 - still "buy" the games who knows what you might get in 6 months and with the prices of both so low (and potentially getting lower) you will get a great catalog of A+ games there in next to no time.
    > Tomb Raider / Darksiders / Arkham Asylum - etc etc
    Well I could easily counterpoint that the expectation of AAA is completely and utterly unreasonable since even a cursory look at the PS3 Plus releases would highlight it takes a year or so after release, at least, for the AAA games to show up on the service.

I could remember that almost every single console through history has a dripfeed of releases for the first year to 18 months - maybe longer.

I could also point out that many of the first batch of AAA we can expect - Killzone and Knack - are ****ter than any of the games released on PS4 Plus thus far.

I could further observe we have at least a free version of Drive Club on the way, and it's best that they make a good game than a hastily released one.

I could estimate that Sony are spending millions getting these games for PS4 Plus to keep players happy, as well as the cost of procuring the ever generous Vita and PS3 offerings.

I could point in the direction of Microsoft, who have offered early adopters of the One nothing but a few free to play titles. And they have mandatory paid online too.

I could say, but I would have hoped it went without saying, that the most interesting things in gaming are happening in independent games, and that Sony's commitment to them is perhaps the most exciting thing about the PS4, far and above the mediocre blockbusters we can expect.

I could just say the word Resogun, and leave it at that.

I could finally point out it saddens me to have to point this out every month :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't have a ps4 myself yet, but maybe at e3 they'll announce a non indie game for it.
    And not to turn this into a no games thread, but what games out at the moment would they put on it when most are still selling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't have a ps4 myself yet, but maybe at e3 they'll announce a non indie game for it.
    And not to turn this into a no games thread, but what games out at the moment would they put on it when most are still selling?

You won't see a full price game on the PS4 PS+ till November at the earliest. This was all discussed before the PS4 launch on this site. It will be indie games all the way till then. And even then it will be one of the launch titles but you will see people complaining here that they are not getting Watch Dogs for free in December. On the PS3 no full price game made it to PS+ until a minimum of 11 months, it only makes business sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

You won't see a full price game on the PS4 PS+ till November at the earliest. This was all discussed before the PS4 launch on this site. It will be indie games all the way till then. And even then it will be one of the launch titles but you will see people complaining here that they are not getting Watch Dogs for free in December. On the PS3 no full price game made it to PS+ until a minimum of 11 months, it only makes business sense.

You're 100% right Captain however there are exceptions to that 11 month rule though, AC3 took about 6 months and Metro: Last Light was 9 months. It's more than likely something to do with when sales fall below a certain level that they'll release into the IGC in the hope it'll ignite people's interested and purchase the DLC's. I'm surprised it's taken Dishonored so long to be released though.

I was probably a bit optimistic earlier suggesting that Sept will see full price games on the IGC, November does seem more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

So I got the demo for PayDay 2. It is such an improvement from the first.. Its more "open" in a way when doing mission.

Really looking forward to playing this with people with mics. It feels like a game where you study the map and plan it out before you go in. I'd love to get a game where you organize it right and not get an alarm to go off. Looking forward to playing this with a few boardsies people.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, I liked the idea of the 1st one but it just seemed to turn into COD at some point. I saw a demo of this and you can actually rob a bank without raising an alarm and no one knowing, looked excellent! I'd definitely be up for some Boards heists, especially to get read for the heists in GTA Online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Few heists. Be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Sign me up over the weekend.
    Trying to finsh last light at the moment. Great game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Not plus specific, but I bought Briad from the US sale over the weekend. After completing 5 worlds so far and loving it.

Really intelligent game and makes me even more eager to see The Witness come out on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Outlast DLC Whistle Blower will be on PSN next Wednesday for around 8 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

tok9 wrote: »
    Not plus specific, but I bought Briad from the US sale over the weekend. After completing 5 worlds so far and loving it.

Really intelligent game and makes me even more eager to see The Witness come out on PS4.

When you're stuck and it finally clicks.....great feeling. Loved the game, was very frustrating in parts though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What time is the new additionsto the IGC online at?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement