Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

To knock out the guard, do you have to put the mask on, just go up behind him and melee? Must try that again, all went mental for me very fast. If you see me on, throw me an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

sheehy83 wrote: »
    To knock out the guard, do you have to put the mask on, just go up behind him and melee? Must try that again, all went mental for me very fast. If you see me on, throw me an invite.

You have to put the mask on to do anything, this doesn't make everyone else put their mask on. Once you knock him out you have to activate his body so can confirm on the radio that everything is OK.

Edit:
    Knocking someone out sometimes takes more than on hit. They can be alert about you but as long as you knock them quick enough before they go on the the radio it should be fine.

One more thing don't put on the mask too late. I was placing mine on as he turned to face me, Boom! Instantly cuffed and arrested by him.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    You have to put the mask on to do anything, this doesn't make everyone else put their mask on. Once you knock him out you have to activate his body so can confirm on the radio that everything is OK.

Ah that's class, I better look up how this game works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Hmmm, I must get this on my 360 so I can get in "training", I feel like early retirement. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played a little bit of Muramasa there, and instantly reminded why it's so much better than Dragons Crown. That game, after a promising start, was a (sometimes incomprehensible slog) - Muramasa is sharp, fast and exciting. Even the setting is so much richer and more interesting.

Doesn't seem like a big change from the Wii version, but it looks great on the Vita screen and can't complain at the reasonable price ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Played a little bit of Muramasa there, and instantly reminded why it's so much better than Dragons Crown. That game, after a promising start, was a (sometimes incomprehensible slog) - Muramasa is sharp, fast and exciting. Even the setting is so much richer and more interesting.

Doesn't seem like a big change from the Wii version, but it looks great on the Vita screen and can't complain at the reasonable price ;)

Not usually my kind of game, but played a bit last night and I'm looking forward to playing some more. Very nice indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,183 ✭✭✭batistuta9

No problems here. When's your PS Plus subscription up?

got it added earlier, must of just been a glitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

PS+ version of Driveclub will have 5 tracks (1 country) and 10 cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

BordorFox wrote: »

The content has changed since the original announcement then, although that was nearly a year ago in fairness.
    "The only difference between the PS Plus edition and the boxed retail is that there's a slightly scaled down version of content"

Xenji wrote: »
    The content has changed since the original announcement then, although that was nearly a year ago in fairness.

30th April 2014
    The PlayStation Plus Edition hasn’t changed. It’s hardly a demo because you get access to all of the game’s features online and offline. The difference is that you only have 10 cars and you can only race in one country (which gives you access to 5 tracks with 11 distinct variants).

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/30/driveclub-update-evolution-studios-2/#comment-505337

• Advertisement

We know the game has at least 5 countries and possibly more, so just getting one now is far different from getting a slightly scaled down version of the game when it was first announced.

Free is free though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

...plus access to all of the race modes and the ability to achieve a Platinum trophy, it should be added.
    We know the game has at least 5 countries and possibly more, so just getting one now is far different from getting a slightly scaled down version of the game when it was first announced.

Free is free though.

They have the tricky proposition of giving people what they expect from a PS+ IGC game (i.e. a purchase-worthy title rather than a demo) and ensuring there is enough content left over to actually make purchasing the full title worthwhile too. I'll be buying the full thing anyway so in either case, I'm happy.

I actually assumed it was just one country with five different tracks, not one country's worth of tracks across five different countries.

At least the environments will be varied then.

I think it is 5 tracks from 1 country, not 1 track from 5 countries according to Paul Rustchynsky who is the new game director.
    The PlayStation Plus Edition hasn’t changed. It’s hardly a demo because you get access to all of the game’s features online and offline. The difference is that you only have 10 cars and you can only race in one country (which gives you access to 5 tracks with 11 distinct variants).

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/30/driveclub-update-evolution-studios-2/#comment-505337

Think i will just wait for project cars to come out and get that instead.

looks pretty damn good so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Anyone playing payday, add me please

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

weiland79 wrote: »
    Anyone playing payday, add me please

I am. Loving it. Got mic? Psn Id "jaxdasher"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

jaxdasher wrote: »
    I am. Loving it. Got mic? Psn Id "jaxdasher"

Just added you, yes i have a mic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

I added 12 months to my ps plus 2 days ago but the info on all downloaded games still says 16 days left. Checked purchase history and it went through ok. Anyone know when the 12 months gets added or is there another way to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Damien360 wrote: »
    I added 12 months to my ps plus 2 days ago but the info on all downloaded games still says 16 days left. Checked purchase history and it went through ok. Anyone know when the 12 months gets added or is there another way to check.

Yeah you can check in your profile from the console: Account management>Service List>Playstation plus. It will tell you your ps+ expiry date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

CombatCow wrote: »
    Yeah you can check in your profile from the console: Account management>Service List>Playstation plus. It will tell you your ps+ expiry date.

Nice one. It says expiry on 19/05/2015 so it must have added 12 months but not changed expiry date on games

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So....... Drive Club PS+ version is pretty much just a Demo so.

You can upgrade PS+ edition to full version for only $49.99/€49.99/£42.99 :pac: I can bet my balls on Drive club will be on Amazon for around 50-55eu anyway. To make it even worse upgraded version from ps+ wount work if you wont have ps+.

http://www.gametrailers.com/news-post/74058/driveclub-ps-edition-can-be-upgraded-to-full-version-with-a-catch

PS+ version: 10 cars 11 Tracks
    Full version: 50 cars 50 Tracks 50 tour events ( whatever it is )

I'm starting to think there won't be a physical version if you pay 50 quid for the full psn version, then it won't work if you let ps+ lapse. After paying 50 quid, there is no way they should be able to stop you playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Im really excited about the PS Now, if they implement it correctly it will be a game changer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Can still get the plat on the PS+ version so at least there's that
    And i'm sure they'll get rid of 'needing PS+ to play if upgrading'. surely upgrading to the full game is the...well...full game? would be a bit silly if they don't brush that aside

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Think that's gone out the window as they won't talk about that anymore or confirm it either. And Sony have a thing about full games having a Plat, look at MGS Ground Zeros.

And i'm sure they'll get rid of 'needing PS+ to play if upgrading'. surely upgrading to the full game is the...well...full game? would be a bit silly if they don't brush that aside
    Think that's gone out the window as they won't talk about that anymore or confirm it either. And Sony have a thing about full games having a Plat, look at MGS Ground Zeros.

From NeoGAF, 'Rushy', the game director said you still can.
    They said I'd be able to platinum the game with the PS+ version. If I can do that, I'm fine, if not, I'll be raising a stink.
    And you still can. Nothing has changed.

Francis as usual had a good rant about DriveClub last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Francis as usual had a good rant about DriveClub last night.

Mods - can you ban Francis for his poor Cartman impression? Cause my ears are bleeding after listening to that. And I don't even want Driveclub...

;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement