Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Beefy78 wrote: »
    But, unless I misread him, his question was how does it know if he's got a valid subscription if he stays offline?

Trine doesn't show the time limit as some games do and some other games explicitly state in the details that they don't have an expiry date while others do state that it's the end of your plus subscription.

I'm 135 days off before i could find out and will likely have gotten another 12 months+ by that stage so unlikely to find out at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,189 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah Beefy's understanding of my question is right.
    I'll probably not renew next month so will find out then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

But, unless I misread him, his question was how does it know if he's got a valid subscription if he stays offline?
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah Beefy's understanding of my question is right.
    I'll probably not renew next month so will find out then.

They will know you don't have a subscription because you will not have paid for a subscription.

F1ngers wrote: »
    They will know you don't have a subscription because you will not have paid for a subscription.

Sony will know but will the game know was his question.

When you connect to PSN after resubscribing then the count down you can see on the game is reset to the new time with the date it'll expire on and how many days that amounts too but there are some games that do not show any expiration details such as trine as well as others that clearly state in the game details that they don't have an expiry date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I have a PlayStation plus subscription and I don't really know if I want to renew it. Its quite expensive for what you get. I didn't get too many games that I really liked. Will I be notified when the years up or do they automatically take a second year?

Where can you check out your subscription and due date ?

• Advertisement

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I have a PlayStation plus subscription and I don't really know if I want to renew it. Its quite expensive for what you get. I didn't get too many games that I really liked. Will I be notified when the years up or do they automatically take a second year?

I think i remember getting an email after the first year and it won't auto resub unless you set it to.

To check date your sub is up either

Select a game that is part of your plus sub press triangle and choose information , not all games have it but you'll likely see the date it's up and the amount of days left.

You can also go to account management ( the icon that replaces "sign in" under the PlayStation network tab). Transaction management and then services list. You'll see a list of things (betas and some games are listed here) and Plus will be one of them, you can see here if you're set to auto renew or not and also check the date it expires on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

aindriu80 wrote: »

PS3 -> Account Settings -> Services
    Have a look, it will jump out at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I don't think the May update is as good as the past couple of months but I'll give Awesomenauts a chance.

Is there a thread where updates are posted? I ask mainly because the blog is blocked at work and would be nice to see the list of PS Plus updates and the weekly PS Store updates.

Or I suppose I could just be patient and wait to get home. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Is there a thread where updates are posted? I ask mainly because the blog is blocked at work and would be nice to see the list of PS Plus updates and the weekly PS Store updates.

Or I suppose I could just be patient and wait to get home. :)

No you're correct, usually its posted here.

I'll post it underneath here quickly :)

From May 2nd
    PS3 Games
    Awesomenauts – 100% off
    You save £7.99/€9.99
    Hamsterball – 100% off until July 4th
    You save £7.99/€9.99
    Wakeboarding HD – 100% off until July 4th
    You save £11.99/€14.99
    Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom – 100% off until July 4th
    You save £7.99/€9.99
    Sky Fighter – 100% off until July 4th
    You save £7.99/€9.99
    Ricochet HD – 100% off until July 4th
    You save £3.19/€3.99
    Mushroom Wars – 100% off until July 4th
    You save £7.99/€9.99
    Magic Orbz – 100% off until July 4th
    You save £7.99/€9.99
    Smash Cars – 100% off until July 4th
    You save £11.99/€14.99
    Classics
    Silent Hill (PSone Classic) – 100% off
    You save £5.49/€6.99
    Only available until 9th May 2012 – grab it before it’s gone!
    Max Payne (PS2 Classic) – 100% off
    You save £7.99/€9.99
    minis
    Velocity (minis) – 100% off and two weeks exclusively for PS Plus.
    You save £3.99/€4.99
    LA Gridlock (minis) – 100% off
    You save £1.74/€1.99
    Full Game Trials
    Assassin’s Creed: Revelations
    Rayman: Origins
    Driver: San Francisco
    Borderlands
    Red Dead Redemption
    Episodes from Liberty City
    GTA IV
    Bioshock 2
    Mafia 2
    House of the Dead: Overkill
    Sonic Generations
    Medieval Moves
    inFamous 2
    PlayStation Move Heroes
    Sports Champions
    Red Faction: Armageddon
    Darksiders
    Exclusive Discounts
    Zack Zero – 50% off
    You save £3.99/€4.99
    James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game – 30% off
    You save £5.00/€6.00
    Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood – 30% off
    You save £5.00/€6.00
    Themes & Avatars
    Mad Riders Plus-Exclusive Dynamic Theme – 100% off
    You save £1.59/€1.99
    OddWorld Plus-Exclusive Dynamic Theme – 100% off
    You save £1.59/€1.99
    Five Plus-Exclusive Avatars: Koala, Snake, Bunny, Frog and Chimp
    You save £0.21/€0.25 per avatar

Thanks!

Plenty of trials anyway. Haven't played any of the Max Payne games so must check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭weiland79

I tried to play Silent hill last night but the controls make it completly unplayable. Anybody else think this?

MAybe I'm doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

My 3 month PS+ trial ran out last week. I was completely skeptical about + when it was originally announced, but now I'm definitely a convert. I'll be waiting until next month to resub though, May's content isn't great IMO (except Max Payne, of course). Something about Awesomenauts just doesn't appeal to me - maybe I need to just give it a try though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Article
    If more options is what you want from your PlayStation online experience, then your wish may be granted sooner than you think, as Sony is believed to be looking into implementing a multiple sub-tier system for PlayStation Plus.

According to a recent survey from Sony, it appears as though the company is looking into providing three different subscription levels of PlayStation Plus. Naturally, the more you are willing to shell out in subscription fees, the more content you’ll get on a regular basis.

I wonder will they have a cheaper option to what they have now. I would also like to know if the PS Vita will be involved in their plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Holy crap, theres like 6 or 7 PSN Games to download for free!

9814867.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Is PSN ridiculously slow tonight for anyone? (slower than how its usually really slow?)

My laptop downloads 1GB in about 5 minutes, Awesomenauts has downloaded 48mb in 15 minutes.

omg

Just realised that.
    13 games - don't know how good any of them are.
    No harm in having them in your "downloads" list anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

9814867.jpg

I still have to play pretty much everything from the last 3 months...and only got two weeks left on my subscription...
    not even including my backlog for other consoles, woah. :pac:

awesomenauts looks fun though.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Is PSN ridiculously slow tonight for anyone? (slower than how its usually really slow?)

My laptop downloads 1GB in about 5 minutes, Awesomenauts has downloaded 48mb in 15 minutes.

I noticed it's really slow. Would it be due to Wednesday being the store update day?

• Advertisement

I downloaded most the 3 sly games and the plus stuff with the exception of the kart, surfing, and plane games. The download didn't seem to take that long for most of it but when i tried to install max payne it has taken for ever.

Edit: say how much space i still had so got the rest as well, left it last night and right now 1 sly game and 2 of the creative studios games are still downloading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ghost Recon Future Soldier Multiplayer Beta now available for plus members.

I was asking previously about how the PS3 knew I was a PS Plus subscriber when I wasn't online. And think replies included expiry dates. So was just looking yesterday and yeah it seems PS Plus games do have expiry date. But I also noticed Trine 2 and Shank 2 don't have the dates. So will be interesting to see if I get to play them after the sub runs out.

One question I do have: I got Streets of Rage 2 and Robocod back when I got the free month, but they can't be played now, while I also got Burnout Paradise back then and it can be played. Is this common?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

One question I do have: I got Streets of Rage 2 and Robocod back when I got the free month, but they can't be played now, while I also got Burnout Paradise back then and it can be played. Is this common?

Back in the day, Sony said that if your sub lapsed and THEN you re-subbed, your downloads MAY not work. It was a sort of non committal quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

has anyone tried velocity? Its a new mini available exclusively (for now) for ps+ users. Looks good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've been too busy playing Hamsterball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I've been too busy playing Hamsterball.
    I want to hate it but I just can't.

But EVERYONE needs to play Awesomenauts. I'm after putting about 10 hours into it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'll get to Awesomenauts this week.

This has been a great month for free games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I'll get to Awesomenauts this week.

This has been a great month for free games.

Is Awesomenauts that good?? I'm hearing so much hype about it, but for some reason I can't bring myself to like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Magic Orbz is addictive. If you like block breaking games, you'll love it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement