Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LimeTimee

So if I buy usa Ps plus it'll work fine in ireland? Will it cause any connection problems etc? Thanks for your advice

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Is that Batman sale for Europe only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

PS+ Games announced, leak was correct. Trine 2 coming to PS4, that's 2 games for the PS4 this month. No word on yearly update

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/29/playstation-plus-june-nba-2k14-dragons-crown-pixeljunk-2/

4th June: Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (Cross Buy)
    4th June: Trine 2: The Complete Story
    4th June: NBA 2K14
    4th June: Lone Survivor (Cross Buy)
    4th June: Dragon’s Crown
    4th June: Surge Deluxe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

van_beano wrote: »
    PS+ Games announced, leak was correct. Trine 2 coming to PS4, that's 2 games for the PS4 this month. No word on yearly update

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/29/playstation-plus-june-nba-2k14-dragons-crown-pixeljunk-2/

4th June: Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (Cross Buy)
    4th June: Trine 2: The Complete Story
    4th June: NBA 2K14
    4th June: Lone Survivor (Cross Buy)
    4th June: Dragon’s Crown
    4th June: Surge Deluxe

That's more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

No idea what Surge is but nice one.

Didn't realise we were getting Trine either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

That's more like it.

Yep, held off buying Trine 2, glad I did now tbh....

Comments from users on that link seem to suggest that there'll be no more yearly updates :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Comments from users on that link seem to suggest that there'll be no more yearly updates :(

Yeah, it doesn't look great from the way they phrased it in the blog. I suppose we'll see what happens…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

tok9 wrote: »
    No idea what Surge is but nice one.

*cough*

The operative word there is 'users'. TBH if they got rid of them to ensure that each platform would get two games at least a month, I wouldn't mind too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yearly updates of what?

Software?

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yearly updates of what?

Software?

No, the yearly titles on the IGC, last year it was XCOM, Uncharted 3 and LittleBigPlanet Karting for PS3, Vita got some titles as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Trine 2 is a great game for anyone who has not played it and looking forward to Lone Survivor, NBA 2k14 is great on the PS4 and the PS3 version just has lesser graphics but it is quite a challenge to learn how to use all the moves in it.

Otacon wrote: »
    The operative word there is 'users'. TBH if they got rid of them to ensure that each platform would get two games at least a month, I wouldn't mind too much.

The blog itself says:
    In the coming weeks, you’ll see that several of the titles that have had a nice, long stint in the Instant Game Collection will be phased out, so if you’re new to the service and haven’t had a chance to download all of the titles available through PS Plus — or if you’ve been thinking about subscribing but haven’t yet — now is the perfect time to get all the great games available with PS Plus.

and then in the comments section Fred Dutton replied to people querying it:
    Chris will be along to answer questions soon, but just to clarify, the annual ‘evergreen’ titles will not be replaced. Instead, you’ll be getting one additional PS4 game every month. So, 2 x PS3, 2 x PS4 and 2 x Vita each month for the foreseeable future.

So it looks like they'll be gone in June which is a bit of a shame.

Sorry for posting again but should I buy usa Psn or eu psn. The only difference I can see is that us is cheaper and it has resogun for free. I'm just wondering if there will be any connectivity issues with the games I buy from the USA psn store, as they may connect me to us players instead of eu.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've never quite understood the concerns over the yearly games. Surely it's only a problem for non subscribers? For me there's little to no difference between a game being up for a month and a year - it's merely a matter of logging in once a month and 'purchasing' the latest offerings. If it's the same amount of games (or more), then I don't see the removal of the yearly titles as anything other than a minor inconvenience.

I've never quite understood the concerns over the yearly games. Surely it's only a problem for non subscribers? For me there's little to no difference between a game being up for a month and a year - it's merely a matter of logging in once a month and 'purchasing' the latest offerings. If it's the same amount of games (or more), then I don't see the removal of the yearly titles as anything other than a minor inconvenience.

It's another 3 extra games every year. So in essence, PS3 owners have basically had the service reduced by 15 games a year over the last 7-8 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

As said you're worse off if you've just one Sony System, and there a sense of the yearly games being bigger games and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Guys is there anywhere online i can buy Irish PS Plus credit ?? with paypal just want to get Injustice off the plus sale

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Gamestop take PayPal and will email the voucher.

Gamesnash email vouchers too (€20 / €50), but don't take PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Whats the story with the shipping charge is there some code to knock that off ...On Gamestops website that is

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Whats the story with the shipping charge is there some code to knock that off ...On Gamestops website that is

It's in the link in the post before yours.

Try card codes they take paypal I think. But I'm pretty sure on ps4 you can use paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

so no yearly game in june... ok ,

im thinking of buying injustice for ps4 for €14.99, just afraid it will arrive on the igc in july?

choices,choices!

The US plus IGC had more games but they changed less often, but after the EU plus changed to the 1 per month that meant we'd get less games as often as the US. And while Plus is great value anyway it was ****e that we suddenly got less than what we'd signed up to.

I'm happy about the change to 6 games per month, as while we can't always get the same games/quality of games at least there is some parity.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    so no yearly game in june... ok ,

im thinking of buying injustice for ps4 for €14.99, just afraid it will arrive on the igc in july?

choices,choices!

I was trying to add it on the site so the game would be downloaded by the time I got home but no luck, can't seem to add it while signed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm happy with the changes and I think it is another good month. I've never played Trine 2 or Pixeljunk Shooter so I'm set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Injustice is awesome, my wife even plays it and for 15 quid its the best bargain out there imo

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Injustice is awesome, my wife even plays it and for 15 quid its the best bargain out there imo

I'm going to pick it up on PS3 for a tenner. Just wondering, is the Season Pass worth picking up?

I'm going to pick it up on PS3 for a tenner. Just wondering, is the Season Pass worth picking up?

Getting the PS4 version but if i wasn't i might just for Lobo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

The version for €14.99 is the ultimate edition on PS4, which includes the DLC and lobo already and all costumes and extra stars missions.

The PS3 has two versions available though, ordinary edition one for €7.50 and ultimate edition one for €9.99.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement