Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

BordorFox wrote: »
    The version for €14.99 is the ultimate edition on PS4, which includes the DLC and lobo already and all costumes and extra stars missions.

The PS3 has two versions available though, ordinary edition one for €7.50 and ultimate edition one for €9.99.

The Ultimate Edition, which was the one I was going to get, seems to have everything that was on the Season Pass. I wasn't sure from reading the description in the store. A bit of research on my part wouldn't have gone astray.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

If losing the yearly game means an extra game every month for PS4 users then I'm fairly happy with that! Held off buying Trine 2 for PS3 when it came out, the first one was great fun and judging by the reviews it's more of the same in this one. Finished the first Pixeljunk Shooter a few years ago but never played the second, looking forward to giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Do you have to get PS+ before June 4th to get the games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Keno wrote: »

No, you can get them anytime before the next games are released.

Keno wrote: »

Well, the yearly games are being taken off on the 11th so if you want to get them, sign up before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'm a 360 user getting a PS4 so the loss of the yearly games will not affect me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Presumably most PS3 users will get a PS4 at some time and then they'll have a big pile of games waiting to be played. Sounds ok to me. I recently bought a Vita because I was fed up of looking at all the Vita games I had accumulated on PS+ and it was well worth it. This is a great strategy from Sony, after a while we will all be looking at 20+ accumulated PS4 games and will buy the console just to play them!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lads, Just so i'm clear on this change, games that were part of the ICG 12 months ago that I would have purchased for free but didn't bother downloading or deleted will disappear out of list of purchases, unless I download them before the 6th of June. Is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

Anyone having trouble accessing PlayStation Store? I keep getting an error and begin told to close and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Lads, Just so i'm clear on this change, games that were part of the ICG 12 months ago that I would have purchased for free but didn't bother downloading or deleted will disappear out of list of purchases, unless I download them before the 6th of June. Is this correct?

No, as long as you have them purchased it dosnt matter if you have downloaded them or not. You'll have access to any games you have purchased for as long as you have a PS+ subscription regardless if they're cleared from the IGC. Theoretically you can download (and redownload) any game that you have "purchased" forever provided the subscription is in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I'm going to pick it up on PS3 for a tenner. Just wondering, is the Season Pass worth picking up?

Personally I would not but if you want access to all characters from the off go for it

Will be finishing up Puppeteer in a few days and I must say it's been a very good game. So naturally I've been thinking of what to play next.

Has anyone on here played "Lone Survivor" before? I've just looked up a Let's Play on Youtube and, judging by the graphics, it looks like something that would have been at home on the NES. I know graphics alone doesn't make a good game and that it's all about the gameplay etc plus the fact that PS+ IGC games have to be above a certain threshold but is this game any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

van_beano wrote: »
    Will be finishing up Puppeteer in a few days and I must say it's been a very good game. So naturally I've been thinking of what to play next.

Has anyone on here played "Lone Survivor" before? I've just looked up a Let's Play on Youtube and, judging by the graphics, it looks like something that would have been at home on the NES. I know graphics alone doesn't make a good game and that it's all about the gameplay etc plus the fact that PS+ IGC games have to be above a certain threshold but is this game any good?

My PS+ ran out 2 months ago and tbh I hadn't played any of recent games I downloaded.
    Was puppeteer on the plus?
    Is it still there?
    Would get a new sub for this game as I was thinking of buying it anyway.

wilser wrote: »
    My PS+ ran out 2 months ago and tbh I hadn't played any of recent games I downloaded.
    Was puppeteer on the plus?
    Is it still there?
    Would get a new sub for this game as I was thinking of buying it anyway.

Yeah there's one more day left, new updates are up on June 4th, Puppeteer will disappear that day. Check the Playstation Store first though and the IGC games to make sure it's there before renewing, I'm pretty much 100% sure it'll disappear some time on Wed. I recommend the game, very we'll put together.

Yeah there's one more day left, new updates are up on June 4th, Puppeteer will disappear that day. Check the Playstation Store first though and the IGC games to make sure it's there before renewing, I'm pretty much 100% sure it'll disappear some time on Wed. I recommend the game, very we'll put together.

Great.

is the Sony site the cheapest for renewel?
    Sony sent me an email for 15 months fir the price of 12 so I don't think any where else would be as good value.

Great.

is the Sony site the cheapest for renewel?
    Sony sent me an email for 15 months fir the price of 12 so I don't think any where else would be as good value.

I stacked my sub last year when they had that offer 15 for 12 offer, taking me up to Aug next year. You won't get a better offer than that in my opinion.

Is that an offer solely for you or is it open to everyone again? I've not heard it been offered. I would definitely stack another 15 months on top of my current sub if the offer was on again.

Yeah, I enjoyed Lone Survivor. It's probably not for everybody but I thought it was a very interesting game - kind of like an 8bit Silent Hill. It's a cross buy game so I ended up playing it on the Vita with the headphones on for maximum effect. It has a very oppressive atmosphere. Just remember to be very conservative with your ammo. I ended up having to restart the whole thing because I ended getting completely stuck. I think you're meant to be able to play the game without firing a shot but I know I wasn't able to do it.

Yeah, I enjoyed Lone Survivor. It's probably not for everybody but I thought it was a very interesting game - kind of like an 8bit Silent Hill. It's a cross buy game so I ended up playing it on the Vita with the headphones on for maximum effect. It has a very oppressive atmosphere. Just remember to be very conservative with your ammo. I ended up having to restart the whole thing because I ended getting completely stuck. I think you're meant to be able to play the game without firing a shot but I know I wasn't able to do it.

Thanks Kunst, might look into it so, I liked Silent Hill. Must look for a cheap 2nd hand Vita aswell, my PS+ Vita backlog is annoying me even though I've never owned a Vita!

I stacked my sub last year when they had that offer 15 for 12 offer, taking me up to Aug next year. You won't get a better offer than that in my opinion.

Is that an offer solely for you or is it open to everyone again? I've not heard it been offered. I would definitely stack another 15 months on top of my current sub if the offer was on again.

Not sure tbh, Sony sent me an email with a code to enter for an extra 3 months when I resubbed for 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

I have a PS3 and PS4, and was thinking of getting a PS Vita.
    Can I get the free PS Plus games now for Vita even though I dont have one yet?

• Advertisement

garlad wrote: »
    I have a PS3 and PS4, and was thinking of getting a PS Vita.
    Can I get the free PS Plus games now for Vita even though I dont have one yet?

Yeah, you can purchase the games now and then download them when you get the Vita. That's what I'm doing with the PS4 games even though I don't have one yet.

Not sure tbh, Sony sent me an email with a code to enter for an extra 3 months when I resubbed for 12 months

I wonder is that a one use only code? If ya do renew your sub by using the code ya should (totally up to you) post the code up here afterwards, just to see if it works for other people, worst case scenario is that it won't let other people use it, best case 3 free months!

If there was a "Boards.ie PS+ forum" Xmas gig ya wouldn't need to put your hands in your pocket for the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Is anyone getting the games released today yet? Or is there a certain time they release them?

I left my ps4 in standby and I want to tryout the remote download thing so they are ready to play when I get home!

iamtony wrote: »
    Is anyone getting the games released today yet? Or is there a certain time they release them?

I left my ps4 in standby and I want to tryout the remote download thing so they are ready to play when I get home!

The games normally get put up on the store some time between midday and 6pm-ish.

Not gettin any games today, still waiting to Platinum Puppeteer.

My PS3 on standby dosn't turn on automatically with remote download. It starts downloading alright when I turn it on or when the my automatic sync etc starts in the evening. Maybe PS4 is different

The games normally get put up on the store some time between midday and 6pm-ish.

Not gettin any games today, still waiting to Platinum Puppeteer.

My PS3 on standby dosn't turn on automatically with remote download. It starts downloading alright when I turn it on or when the my automatic sync etc starts in the evening. Maybe PS4 is different
    Thanks. Yes I think the ps4 is different alright. I have a ps3 and didn't realise it would download games on the scheduled boot up I must set that up better.

I have the same problem with games at the moment it's hard to keep yourself from playing too many at once.

I've a ps3/ps4/ps vita so six new games for me today! And I also have a wiiU and I'm spending most of my time on Mario Kart 8 at the moment but still variety is the spice of life!

Space on my 40gb ps3(I think) is a problem I will have to finish something quick to allow me to download NBA. I haven't played a basket ball game since NBA Jam I hope they are still as fun as that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Thanks. Yes I think the ps4 is different alright. I have a ps3 and didn't realise it would download games on the scheduled boot up I must set that up better.

I have the same problem with games at the moment it's hard to keep yourself from playing too many at once.

I've a ps3/ps4/ps vita so six new games for me today! And I also have a wiiU and I'm spending most of my time on Mario Kart 8 at the moment but still variety is the spice of life!

Space on my 40gb ps3(I think) is a problem I will have to finish something quick to allow me to download NBA. I haven't played a basket ball game since NBA Jam I hope they are still as fun as that one!

Just add the game to your download basket and cancel it when it starts downloading, you can then download it again whenever you want as long as you have a valid PSN account, as for NBA 2k14 it is a fun game if your willing to put in the effort to learn all the controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Xenji wrote: »
    Just add the game to your download basket and cancel it when it starts downloading, you can then download it again whenever you want as long as you have a valid PSN account, as for NBA 2k14 it is a fun game if your willing to put in the effort to learn all the controls.

It's easier to do it from the web interface, no canceling downloads needed.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/

Just to add, as long as it says "Purchased" beside the game on your account on the PS Store then there's nothing else that needs to be done, it can be downloaded next year provided you've a subscription. The most important thing is that you "purchase" all the games, no need to start and cancel downloads

thanks I know you can do that but I don't want to delete a game I'm currently playing and loose the save file and have to start again so I need to finish something quick so I can download new stuff.
    Yes I'm a big child that can't wait for new things:-)

• Advertisement

thanks I know you can do that but I don't want to delete a game I'm currently playing and loose the save file and have to start again so I need to finish something quick so I can download new stuff.
    Yes I'm a big child that can't wait for new things:-)

I'm pretty sure for most games, if you delete the game you don't delete the save file. The save data is in a separate folder. Don't quote me on that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement