Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'm pretty sure for most games, if you delete the game you don't delete the save file. The save data is in a separate folder. Don't quote me on that.

Yup thats the case. Save data is in another folder on the ps3, not too sure on ps4 but im sure its seperate aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

PlayStation Plus has cloud saving so you won't lose the save anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

I'm pretty sure for most games, if you delete the game you don't delete the save file. The save data is in a separate folder. Don't quote me on that.

Your save file remains after you delete the game, you've to delete the save file separately. Even if you did delete it by accident there should be a copy on the PS+ cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Oh thanks, that's good to know. I always thought it should be like that but when you go to delete it says all data including save file will be lost. I'm nearly sure it does anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Has the store updated for anyone else yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Has the store updated for anyone else yet?

Not yet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

F1ngers wrote: »
    Not yet for me.

Typical Sony....

I don't know why the store updates in the afternoon and not at midnight like the Xbox marketplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That Sony website is crapping out like crazy for me tonight. The games can also be got by searching for them in the PSN store on your console of choice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

psn not loading for me at all, just a blue screen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

My downloads are slow also is say it's just millions of people downloading at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

It's like this every month when the new games come on line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Didn't realise that PS4 Pixeljunk Shooter game was going to be free for the Vita as well. Sccchweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Thought I might have to resub soon, but no need as it's good until 05/12/2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

NBA 2k14 is one of those games I wish I had the time and inclination to get into but am just not arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Anyone else being told they're ineligible to download Lone Survivor on PS Vita? All other games adding fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Anyone else being told they're ineligible to download Lone Survivor on PS Vita? All other games adding fine

I had the same but when I downloaded the 210mb file to the PS3 it said that that was the VITA one, the 193mb version is the PS3 one. When you download one of the files it seems to download the 2!

Played some Lone Survivor last night. Started thinking I was back in the early 90's!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

iamtony wrote: »
    My downloads are slow also is say it's just millions of people downloading at the same time.

Was downloading the patch for BF4 yesterday and it said it would take 5 hours (1137MB). Confused, turned the console on and off and it reset to 50 minutes - still horribly slow but major improvement.

Talking to my brother and told him. He's been downloading it awhile and his patch was still going to take 4 hours so he turned PS off. When he logged back in it had jumped to 7 hours.
    We're still brothers........ just about!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I missed out on Injustice cos payday was today :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

MY PS Plus (only joined in Jan, 12 months) is telling me to join or renew on my PS4.
    But I still have the yellow icon beside my profile image
    And I can download games on iPhone app to PS4.

Bought a Vita a few days ago, could that be the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

garlad wrote: »
    MY PS Plus (only joined in Jan, 12 months) is telling me to join or renew on my PS4.

Shouldn't be, I had that once or twice on PS4, just rebooted the console and it was fine after...

Unless you set up a new PSN for the Vita maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

garlad wrote: »

I keep getting that also but I can still download games, it's telling me that for a month now

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Fieldog wrote: »
    Shouldn't be, I had that once or twice on PS4, just rebooted the console and it was fine after...

Unless you set up a new PSN for the Vita maybe?

Tried a reboot but no joy.
    Same PSN on Vita, PS3 and PS4.
    Will try it again when I get home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Trine 2 in 3D is amazing looking. There's not many games that do 3D well but this is far better than anything else I've played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Trine 2 it's an amazingly beautiful game, gorgeous.

The gameplay is brilliant too, loving the physics engine.

Only for Plus I may never have played this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Trine 2 it's an amazingly beautiful game, gorgeous.

The gameplay is brilliant too, loving the physics engine.

Only for Plus I may never have played this game.

Absolutely gorgeous to look at.

Plus is great. As you say, wouldn't have played it without it. Same goes for Resogun, Stick it to the Man, Brothers, Outlast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

I must admit i was pleasantly surprised by Trine 2 as a game, the Co-op play is brilliant and the game is colourful and very detailed.

If you haven't gotten it on plus for free yet, i recommend it and even more so with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

BordorFox wrote: »
    I must admit i was pleasantly surprised by Trine 2 as a game, the Co-op play is brilliant and the game is colourful and very detailed.

If you haven't gotten it on plus for free yet, i recommend it and even more so with friends.

I'm enjoying it too. My PSN name is The40Watt if you are looking for a co-op partner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just finished with Puppeteer there and thought it was pretty great. Pity it didn't sell well at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement