Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

tok9 wrote: »
    Just finished with Puppeteer there and thought it was pretty great. Pity it didn't sell well at all.

Keep meaning to go back to that, I enjoyed the little I played. I'm snowed under with games, just don't have the time to get through them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Being playing Pixeljunk Shooter Deluxe.

Great pick up and play game. Got a PS4 close to launch and a Vita in February i think and it's being my first opportunity to use cross buy and cross save. Brilliant idea! Started on the PS4 and before I went away for the weekend I set it up on the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

tok9 wrote: »
    Just finished with Puppeteer there and thought it was pretty great. Pity it didn't sell well at all.

I finished it a few weeks ago. I thought parts of it were excellent but overall it was too long and with too many cutscenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya I think that's a fair complaint. I wasn't massively interested in the story of the game even though it was set up as a show.

That said I could see a child loving something like this since it has that pantomime quality

Played Surge Deluxe on the train to work there.. had to stop playing as I reached my stop. Handy casual game..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

I liked Puppeteer, the cutscenes were a bit long but at least your could just press Start > Skip.

I seriously don't like Lone Survivor though, it's just too boring and depressing for me, maybe I just don't get it. I might return to it in the future. What I am playing now though is NFS Most Wanted (was on PS+ a few months back). I never played a NFS game before and Christ have I missed out, fantastic game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Thought they'd announce some changes to the yearly games last night. Anyone any idea what they'll replace Uncharted, X-Com etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

titan18 wrote: »
    Thought they'd announce some changes to the yearly games last night. Anyone any idea what they'll replace Uncharted, X-Com etc

On the blog, they said they were getting rid of them completely on Wednesday so from now on, it will 2 PS4 games, 2 PS3 games and 2 PS Vita games changing every month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

van_beano wrote: »
    What I am playing now though is NFS Most Wanted (was on PS+ a few months back). I never played a NFS game before and Christ have I missed out, fantastic game!

Yeah, great game. I was sceptical about it but if you are in any way into cars play it.

http://wiki.nfsunlimited.net/wiki/Most_Wanted_2012_Car_List

Sense of speed, modifications and progression all work very well. Far better game than Grid 2 I thought.

sin0city wrote: »
    Yeah, great game. I was sceptical about it but if you are in any way into cars play it.

http://wiki.nfsunlimited.net/wiki/Most_Wanted_2012_Car_List

Sense of speed, modifications and progression all work very well. Far better game than Grid 2 I thought.

You're right, far better than Grid 2, I think it's the police element that sets it apart. It could very easily be a sub-game of GTA. The gas thing is that I'm not even into cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

You're right, far better than Grid 2, I think it's the police element that sets it apart. It could very easily be a sub-game of GTA. The gas thing is that I'm not even into cars!

Same. I got it on the Vita as I was looking for some short of driving game; and lived it. Best game on the Vita for me.

• Advertisement

Same. I got it on the Vita as I was looking for some short of driving game; and lived it. Best game on the Vita for me.

Because of my excessive OCD and looking at my Vita game backlog on the PS Store I bought myself a Vita today. €169.99 in Smyths with the lego package! I'm bloody mad in the head!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

1 Year of PS+ is $40 (€30) on Amazon.com at the moment, has to be used on a US account naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LimeTimee

Is it worth is having both usa Ps plus and eu Ps plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

LimeTimee wrote: »
    Is it worth is having both usa Ps plus and eu Ps plus?

It was up to last year but for past 2-3 months the US are just playing catch up for all the good stuff we got. I have not bothered to renew my US sub even though I have a code just sitting here for the past few weeks.

With that discount I'd pick up a few codes and stack them on a US account. Even if alot of the content doubles up on the EU content. €30 for 32 free games a year plus discounts and PS+ sales, can't go wrong imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I have it on both just because it was super cheap on amazon.com last christmas, but the monthly games have been the same on both so far, not sure what the digital discounts on the US store have been like....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Because of my excessive OCD and looking at my Vita game backlog on the PS Store I bought myself a Vita today. €169.99 in Smyths with the lego package! I'm bloody mad in the head!

I did the same on Monday, was shocked to get 16 gig memory card with it, to shop elsewhere the console and card would be over 220 euros, madness not to buy it. Tested out remote play which could be good and downloaded Uncharted from PS+ and happy with it so far. UI is painful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

It was up to last year but for past 2-3 months the US are just playing catch up for all the good stuff we got. I have not bothered to renew my US sub even though I have a code just sitting here for the past few weeks.

With that discount I'd pick up a few codes and stack them on a US account. Even if alot of the content doubles up on the EU content. €30 for 32 free games a year plus discounts and PS+ sales, can't go wrong imo.

I thought you only needed one PS+ account, in which case a US account for 30 euro would be better than EU for 50. But I don't have PS4 yet so not using PS+myself, but had been planning to buy and just use US account for PS+ and EU account for actual gaming.

FrostyJack wrote: »
    I did the same on Monday, was shocked to get 16 gig memory card with it, to shop elsewhere the console and card would be over 220 euros, madness not to buy it. Tested out remote play which could be good and downloaded Uncharted from PS+ and happy with it so far. UI is painful though.

Did you get that one in Smyths as well Frosty? What's the lego bundle like?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

Is anyone having trouble with pixeljunk shooter online. Each game I get into quits out after a minute at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

AGoodison wrote: »
    Is anyone having trouble with pixeljunk shooter online. Each game I get into quits out after a minute at most.

Try deleting and reinstalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 LimeTimee

AGoodison wrote: »

Check your Nat type

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

ay5b8AX_700b.jpg
    Some games :(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

PS4 July PS Plus Games Revealed?
    Paul Walker

The PS4's free PS Plus games for July 2014 may have been revealed via the Asia PS site.

Published on Jun 20, 2014
    The free PS Plus games coming to PS4 in July look set to be TowerFall Ascension and Strider.

TowerFall Ascension and Strider have been revealed as the PS Plus games for July in Asia, via the Asia PlayStation site.

In the past, PS4 PS Plus games revealed via the Asia PS site have matched up with the PS4 PS Plus games that we've got access to on these shores.

To give an example, Mercenary Kings was announced as the PS4 PS Plus game for Asia in April before also being announced for PS Plus in Europe.

Velocity Ultra for PS3 and PS Vita, Hustle Kings for PS3 and Mind=0 for PS Vita are the other games announced for July's PS Plus in April, but the Asia PS3 and PS Vita games haven't matched up with Europe's PS Plus titles in the past, so we don't expect that to be the case this time around either.

TowerFall Ascension and Strider seem like good bets for July's PS Plus, however.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2445521/ps4_july_ps_plus_games_revealed.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Towerfall is brilliant. More people need to play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Oh man.. I would be delighted if that is true!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Towerfall is a great game, Mind Zero is terrible on the Vita and it has been barely out 3 weeks as well over here which is a bit suspicious, although the Vita games usually do not match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Towerfall and Stryder.. Me want!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I bought Strider on the PS4 when it came out and had a good time with it. Never played Towerfall but everyone says it is really only good in co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

free is free! Hoping octodad comes up soon. been some good deals on pc that i've left go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

sweetie wrote: »
    free is free! Hoping octodad comes up soon..

Octodad was on sale for Plus members for the week of E3, I got it for €9. My jaw was sore from laughing trying to play it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement