Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Will still play the games, hopefully there not worse than last months games.

Would still rather a Killzone or the MLB game

I can't see Sony giving away a game that's 6 weeks old and still retails for full price. And giving Killzone would be near pointless given that most own it, thanks to the fact that it was one of the few launch titles and the screw up where it could be got for a euro some months back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I can't see Sony giving away a game that's 6 weeks old and still retails for full price. And giving Killzone would be near pointless given that most own it

MLB is one of there cheapest retail games i think at €45 on psn

I know of a few late buyers of the ps4 who hasnt played knack or killzone.

I know of a few late buyers of the ps4 who hasnt played knack or killzone.

You can get Killzone for under 20 euro in most stores and Knack is a waste of time. MLB might be cheap but it's also 6 weeks old and I would imagine that it'll sell a good few copies over the coming month or three.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That's still the full retail price.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

I'm actually dreading the day they start offering full retail titles. It can be long enough downloading some of the PS3 games on my connection but 30+ GB as standard. That's just not going to be possible for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

MLB The Show is a great game, not sure how many people would be interested in it over here though, but it will not be on PS+ for another year at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've been delighted with the + games on PS4. So good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,096 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

May go for the Warriors.

I just bought Walking Dead Season 2 on PC for about twice that price. Ah well, I played the first and 400 Days on PC so will use those saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I now "own" all the dead space games and I've never played any of them.

Bought 1 (for next to nothing) when plus gave 2 and now here's 3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Varik wrote: »

DS 1 and 2 are like the movie Alien and Aliens, both very good for different reasons like the movies, the first one for the scares and the second for the action. DS3 like Alien 3 is just a mess and best forgotten about. EA wrecked the series with that so much so they almost killed the IP. There won't be another Dead Space game for a very long time, if ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I have dead space 1 and 3 on both PC and PS3. Why cant I get DS2!

Disappointed that the lego game is for the vita. Still, better games than the last 2 months.

I have dead space 1 and 3 on both PC and PS3. Why cant I get DS2!

Disappointed that the lego game is for the vita. Still, better games than the last 2 months.

It's a punishment for not getting Plus when it had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Same here, and they aren't even very high in priority on my to-play backlog

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah pity Batman isn't on PS3. DS 1 was brilliant, I never played 2 because of reviews (going away from the horror part) and heard 3 was awful? Looking forward to giving Strider ago just for old times sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Those Dead space games are ace though the third had some critics. Tonally think of them like the Alien Franchise Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 (I quite liked this too)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I thought Dead Space 3 was nowhere near as bad as many critics made it out to be. Still not as good as first two tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Gonzo wrote: »
    I thought Dead Space 3 was nowhere near as bad as many critics made it out to be. Still not as good as first two tho.

Yeah I really liked all three tbh. The first was easily the best but the others were pretty good too. 3 had a great online co-op

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Still no retail games for Ps4 :(

How would you feel if you paid €70 for a game a few months ago and now it's free!

iamtony wrote: »
    How would you feel if you paid €70 for a game a few months ago and now it's free!

If you paid €70 for a game then more fool you. It was available for €45 or there abouts on release if you didn't mind waiting a week or so or just used the US PSN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

If you paid €70 for a game then more fool you. It was available for €45 or there abouts on release if you didn't mind waiting a week or so or just used the US PSN

I think he was talking about games in general rather than a specific game. I think the point is that probably because there isn't a huge range of retail games at the moment that if they start giving them away with Plus there would be plenty of bitching from people who had paid top dollar for them. Also, I'd imagine that publishers aren't willing to start giving their AAA titles to Plus yet while they can still make good money from them on retail.

• Advertisement

I think he was talking about games in general rather than a specific game. I think the point is that probably because there isn't a huge range of retail games at the moment that if they start giving them away with Plus there would be plenty of bitching from people who had paid top dollar for them. Also, I'd imagine that publishers aren't willing to start giving their AAA titles to Plus yet while they can still make good money from them on retail.

Honestly I don't think that Sony care if people bitch and moan. Every month there's people crying that that months games didn't cater to what they want and how the service is a rip off.

Bitching is complaining without offering a solution or actually doing something about it.

People didn't like the original Xbone offering before the change so they spoke with their wallets, but here everyone is still going to resub so why should Sony listen to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Honestly I don't think that Sony care if people bitch and moan. Every month there's people crying that that months games didn't cater to what they want and how the service is a rip off.
    Exactly and if AAA games were going to plus after only a few months people wouldn't bother getting it till it was on plus.
    I never complain the games are basically free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Their turnaround on DriveClub would suggest that they do care when there is a concerted backlash. Most of the complaining on the blog is generally just the same cranks repeating themselves over and over again.

I think though that the main reason there aren't any AAA games appearing on it at the moment is down to publishers unwilling to hand those games over to the service yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A moment of quiet respect, if you will, for the staffers of the Playstation blog who have to put up with abuse, unreasonable expectations and genuine nonsense despite the fact they've just announced the fact that two of the best games on the console - including arguably the best in Towerfall - will be freely available to all subscribers.

They may be paid to endure this crap, but you'd still have to have the patience of a true hero.

Bitching is complaining without offering a solution or actually doing something about it.

People didn't like the original Xbone offering before the change so they spoke with their wallets, but here everyone is still going to resub so why should Sony listen to them.

What solution do you think they should offer? Offer up AAA titles on day of release so as to appease people? PS+ is a great service but there's no way it could have a lineup that appealed to every gamer all the time. Most accept that, a sad few seem to take the inclusion of a game they don't want as a personal attack.

Their turnaround on DriveClub would suggest that they do care when there is a concerted backlash. Most of the complaining on the blog is generally just the same cranks repeating themselves over and over again.

I think though that the main reason there aren't any AAA games appearing on it at the moment is down to publishers unwilling to hand those games over to the service yet.

Genuine complaints they will care about but most complaints regarding the gamers are rightly ignored.

What solution do you think they should offer? Offer up AAA titles on day of release so as to appease people? PS+ is a great service but there's no way it could have a lineup that appealed to every gamer all the time. Most accept that, a sad few seem to take the inclusion of a game they don't want as a personal attack.

Genuine complaints they will care about but most complaints regarding the gamers are rightly ignored.

There isn't a need for a solution, it's perfectly fine (to amazing) for the price they ask. My point is the people complaining and threatening to unsub are only bitching and none of them will do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

At a little over €4 a month people have no right to be complaining about the lack of AAA titles on PS+ for PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

we have every right to complain. a calculator could play the ****e theyre giving us every month!

no i wont unsub because $ony made it that we need ps+ to play online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

MarkY91 wrote: »
    we have every right to complain. a calculator could play the ****e theyre giving us every month!

no i wont unsub because $ony made it that we need ps+ to play online.

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement