Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

If we're paying 50 snots a year can they not just credit our account with €50 so we can do with it as we wish?
    I'd be more willing to join the "service" then.
    .........really?
    Thats like a shop giving you extra for buying a voucher for the shop.It makes no sense at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If we're paying 50 snots a year can they not just credit our account with €50 so we can do with it as we wish?
    I'd be more willing to join the "service" then.

Couldnt you just keep your 50euro and then spend it on what ever you choose ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

At least its not like Xbox Live where you spend 4 euro on month and get nothing.
    picard-facepalm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

.........really?
    Thats like a shop giving you extra for buying a voucher for the shop.It makes no sense at all
    Couldnt you just keep your 50euro and then spend it on what ever you choose ?
    I think you're missing Heebus' point lads. If you sign up for the year you get a copy of LittleBigPlanet and the rest, the games, themes, avatars etc which is in the OP as being worth €200
    'Just the games, avatars and themes alone are worth at least £200* per year, so even before the other benefits, this service is great value for money'
    So €50 credit to use in the store if you sign up seems pretty smart in comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

At least its not like Xbox Live where you spend 4 euro on month and get nothing.

Don't know about you but my Live sub costs me €2.70 per month. You should shop around more.

Personally I don't like PSN's bribary way of keep you as paying member. Sure you get all the "free" stuff but fail to pay again and all that "free" stuff is gone. It's more like a rental service than anything else.

I'd rather just pay for the stuff I want and then it's mine full stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Don't know about you but my Live sub costs me €2.70 per month. You should shop around more.

Personally I don't like PSN's bribary way of keep you as paying member. Sure you get all the "free" stuff but fail to pay again and all that "free" stuff is gone. It's more like a rental service than anything else.

I'd rather just pay for the stuff I want and then it's mine full stop.

I agree , its like holding you to ransom....

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

I hope this fails badly and gives Sony a big slap in the face because the greed has gone too far, initially it looks good but in reality its just rentals. If I see anyone with a premium avatar on my friends list, I'll think ''What a tool for buying into Sony's bullsh*t'', Sony should focus on their customers a little and not just their pockets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

TheTosh wrote: »
    I hope this fails badly and gives Sony a big slap in the face because the greed has gone too far, initially it looks good but in reality its just rentals. If I see anyone with a premium avatar on my friends list, I'll think ''What a tool for buying into Sony's bullsh*t'', Sony should focus on their customers a little and not just their pockets

One tool reporting in and it's bullsh*t+ , Sony already give most of what MS charges for for free that's was not thinking with their pockets, they could have charged the same as live at launch if they had gotten psn up to scratch sooner not sure they could do it now with out something like this.

The best downloadable game i have is battlefield 1943 and i don't play that a year later, if there was an option to pay less for a month or two rental i'd be better off now. Is there really a difference between this and buying game then trading it in after you finished, you buy a €60 full priced game then trade it for €40 you've just spent €20 for long rental with a cost that may be larger than expected if the price of the trade is lower that you'd have hoped for .

The psn games you get are not free that is true but you pay less and honestly get less but when you don't physically own these games i don't see why having a lower degree of possessions is bad, one racist remark on chat and a deleted account later you could loose them anyway.
    Some of the best ps3 games are first party with any of the dlc that we pay for now possibly being included at no additional cost(they'll say free), LBP which is included in this may be one of them and while i would never spend €1.99 on a origami hat for sack boy i would like a lot of the costumes that they release, Just to mention one thing about me i download anything on psn that is free each week just in case i get the game and they start charging for it.

This is not a game Sony don't have to convince you in the first 3 or so months when games generally make the majority of their sales, while i will take the chance at the start i think a lot of you will make the changes eventually seeing the full benefits or when the dlc you have bought starts to be more costly than getting it with psn+.

You get a choices, but not between a crippled silver or costly gold. it's just as was said at E3 it's a additional service for that bit extra if you want.

Just to finish off, if they included a option to buy some of these game when you cancel you account would it change anyones mind, i'd hope that when you renew you get the old stuff back too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Full Game.. TRIAL. how infuriating is that you can d/l the full game but only play an hour's worth?! i need to know what the issue is i've been craving FP games on demand long time now n would duly subscribe if i could buy em this way. can't they lock down a d/l to one console? this just shows me the capability is there, yet its not. sucketh

Star Bingo wrote: »
    Full Game.. TRIAL. how infuriating is that you can d/l the full game but only play an hour's worth?!

If you were going to pay for the full game otherwise this gives you a chance to change you mind and who knows it may end up like fable 2 was on the 360 with the full game in sections with them giving enough that it last over an hour for free then paying for the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

When can you actually start signing up for this and when is the update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Varik wrote: »
    If you were going to pay for the full game otherwise this gives you a chance to change you mind and who knows it may end up like fable 2 was on the 360 with the full game in sections with them giving enough that it last over an hour for free then paying for the rest.

here's hoping on the latter. i remember Blood Curse: the Forbidden Siren remake that came in installments. but i for one'd be lured into buying FP games without even trying a demo if they were in the store. they'd make a killing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭rizzla

The best downloadable game i have is battlefield 1943 and i don't play that a year later, if there was an option to pay less for a month or two rental i'd be better off now. Is there really a difference between this and buying game then trading it in after you finished, you buy a €60 full priced game then trade it for €40 you've just spent €20 for long rental with a cost that may be larger than expected if the price of the trade is lower that you'd have hoped.

The main difference I see is the game you paid €60 for is a game you chose to buy. Rather than someone choosing to give it to ya, even if you had it or not. If Sony gave you a choice of any game you want on the PSN each month, then it would be so worth it.

rizzla wrote: »
    The main difference I see is the game you paid €60 for is a game you chose to buy. Rather than someone choosing to give it to ya, even if you had it or not. If Sony gave you a choice of any game you want on the PSN each month, then it would be so worth it.

Getting a choice of one game would be nice, but that may not work well as Sonys costs could be high if they have to pay outside developers large amounts.

Psn+ does have a discount on stuff so there is a choice there but it all depends on the titles given out each month and what discounts apply to on the store.
    there is 3 months free so that 3 chances for Sony to impress.
    this is from the Irish psn+ page
    "Each month, use your PlayStation Plus membership to download a selection of games from PlayStation Store, including PlayStation Network titles, minis and PS one classics."
    selection means there will be some choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Found this on a site.Looks like there's no choice of games you get.They just pick the games each month.I'm still paying though €15 for 3 months is a great offer considering I'll gt to play loads of games I would never have payed for but always kinda wanted.

Playstation+
    $49.99 for 1yr (3months free for intro offer)
    3months $17.99
    Exclusive content
    Early demos
    Beta invitations
    Free PSN games/PSN minis/themes
    PSN discounts
    Auto downloads (to push demos/patches/videos to the user)

First month users get:
    2 minis (fieldrunners, age of zombies)
    Wipeout HD
    Infamous trial
    PS1 Rallycross
    some avatars/map packs

Next month - As well as more of the stuff above you get Core HD show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I thought Core was for US users only? It can be seen on Youtube for free anyway

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Nope qore is on the eu store too.I don't really care much about it.the only thing that ever inticed me was the betas and demos but those are included in the psn+ anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

gant0 wrote: »
    Nope qore is on the eu store too.I don't really care much about it.the only thing that ever inticed me was the betas and demos but those are included in the psn+ anyway

Not it's FirstPlay on the EU store not Qore. They have different content. FirstPlay is by the people behind OPM.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Not it's FirstPlay on the EU store not Qore. They have different content. FirstPlay is by the people behind OPM.
    really didnt know that.I guess I just got mixed up since I have both accounts and us both eu ans us stores.

Minstrel27 wrote: »

If i'm fast and can get away before security sees me i could get Move for free.

Psn+ subscribers will be probably the only ones to get into betas from now on and ps3 is getting some mmos the discount may pay off over a year with that if applicable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Seems like an alright deal to me. I'll probably end up signing up for it.

Haven't got Wipeout so that'll be good to get.

I wonder how much of a discount you get on the store... Looking forward to finding out more about this anyway.

gant0 wrote: »
    First month users get:
    2 minis (fieldrunners, age of zombies)
    Wipeout HD
    Infamous trial
    PS1 Rallycross
    some avatars/map packs

Don't care about the demo i have played infamous to about 95% on a rental, so unless i can manage the rest in an hour i don't care. Most demos don't make me buy a game i know if i want something months before it's out anyway.

Hope that the ps1 game is wrong that game is 13 years old and looks it, why not give one of the final fantasy games for the first month. This was released on psn on 3 May, 2007

252px-Rally_Cross_cover.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hope that the ps1 game is wrong that game is 13 years old and looks it, why not give one of the final fantasy games for the first month. This was released on psn on 3 May, 2007

Why would they give away a game people would pay €10 for in a €5 a month subscription?? All the games are just gonna be the drudges in the PSN store nobody wants, you might get the odd gem one month but I wouldnt sub just for the games offered.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Why would they give away a game people would pay €10 for in a €5 a month subscription?? All the games are just gonna be the drudges in the PSN store nobody wants, you might get the odd gem one month but I wouldnt sub just for the games offered.

Wipeout is around €10 by itself and those minis are around 5 each, psn+ is meant to give €200 worth of stuff for a yearly sub of €50 most people who would have gotten one of the FF7 for example have done so Sony could have easily done a deal with square.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Wipeout is around €10 by itself

I paid 24 euro for it and the fury expansion on tuesday.

tok9 wrote: »
    I paid 24 euro for it and the fury expansion on tuesday.

I went by memory there and was wrong. its €24.99 for the game and expansion with the game itself €17.99 and fury €9.99.

Most of you probably did not read the new terms of service when signing in to psn.

There is some stuff on psn+

type 1: Subscriber content that you keep after it expires, includes avatars and themes only.

type 2: After expiration you won't be able to access psn games, psone games, minis or premium DLC.

the worst part is that if you don't renew right away you may loose the type 2 stuff that you had when you do renew.

Automatic download can only be used on one psn account on one ps3 with those setting applying to all accounts. this will have the ps3 turn on at a time you set every 48 hours to update if it is in stand-by with a internet connection usable. It can download system software, game patches and game demos, you will be given a choice to install when you use it next. the games updated will the last few used only and demos will be deleted if not used/installed to make room for more or after one month. this works as long as disk space is over 5gb left.

Discounts :it says from time to time, on certain store stuff with extra info shown on the rights to it you will have.

early access to new releases: again says time to time and says you have a chance so not every beta\dlc will be given to psn+ first.

Full game trail : the length may not have to be 1 hour it will say in the download, the timer start at boot up of the game with psn connection require at this time and lastly any saves or trophies unlocked will not be updated to psn until you buy the game.

More about betas: not guaranteed

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Does anyone feel different about it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

TheTosh wrote: »
    Does anyone feel different about it now?

No. I still wont be subscribing to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

They mentioned film rentals in the new ts and cs although i know it isn't directly related to the PSN+ is this that film rental is imminent?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement