Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

PixelJunk Monsters (£1.99, €2.49) (€0.99 for Plus members)
    PixelJunk Eden (£3.19, €3.99) (€0.99 for Plus members)
    PixelJunk Shooter (£3.19, €3.99) (€0.99 for Plus members)
    PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap (£3.19, €3.99) (€0.99 for Plus members)

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

ShaneU wrote: »

Anyone recommend any of them?

Eden and Shooter are good, monsters is tower defense if you like that, Avoid racers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

RangeR wrote: »
    Back in the day, Sony said that if your sub lapsed and THEN you re-subbed, your downloads MAY not work. It was a sort of non committal quote.
    Turns out I just had to reinstall the game and it updates to the new expiry date

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Turns out I just had to reinstall the game and it updates to the new expiry date

Was there a break in your subscription? If so, what types of games; Mini, PSOne, PSN?

• Advertisement

EJ22 wrote: »

Originally Posted by ShaneU

Anyone recommend any of them?

Would highly recommend Monsters and Shooter. Monsters is highly addictive, if you like tower defense.

I liked Eden but didn't play much of it. I suppose it comes into it's own with local multiplayer. I have no friends.

Racer was good fun. Played it more than Eden.

If you are on PS+, just get them all. They are all worth the money.

Yeah I used the free month from the rewards program after the hacking. Then I just went on again a couple months ago. But the games that were expired were Streets of Rage 2 and Robocod, so 2 SEGA megadrive games. So just outta curiosity, I redownloaded Streets of Rage 2, reinstalled and it worked. I had Burnout Paradise on there as well and it renewed automatically with the new sub.

Just looking at today's Store Update. No Plus updates on it.

Do you think we'll get details of the next update maybe on Wednesday?

I thought the US would get before us and assumed it'd be tomorrow since it's a holiday over there today. Though I see their blog is updated today with Ultimate Edition offers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Do you think we'll get details of the next update maybe on Wednesday?

I thought the US would get before us and assumed it'd be tomorrow since it's a holiday over there today. Though I see their blog is updated today with Ultimate Edition offers.

We usually get told what it is on a tuesday, then the update on wednesday in the evening.

And next PS+ update is next week, not this week. It's usually the Tuesday after the first of the month.

• Advertisement

But do they not reveal the details sooner than that? The details for the May 2nd update were revealed on April 24th.

Unless they're planning something for the Plus update that they're going to reveal at their conference next Monday

eurogamer wrote:
    Sony is readying a revamp of PlayStation Plus to be revealed during its E3 press conference, Eurogamer understands.

Multiple sources have indicated that part of Sony's E3 press conference, set for Monday 4th June, will be devoted to running through the revamp, which is designed to help convince more people to sign up to the premium subscription service.

One of the ways Sony will do this is by giving subscribers top tier games for free, and implementing proper integration with PS Vita. Plus on Vita will offer Vita exclusive titles and DLC and cloud services that mean you won't have to connect the handheld to a PlayStation 3 or a PC to back up saves and other content.

Currently PlayStation Plus, which costs £39.99 for a one-year membership and £11.99 for a 90-day membership, grants full game trials, automatic updates, cloud game saving, discounts and early access to content. Sony says Plus offers content worth around £200 a year.

While a Sony Computer Entertainment Europe spokesperson declined to comment on our report, PlayStation Plus content manager Ross McGrath expressed his enthusiasm for the service on his Twitter page.
    "By the way, if you don't have a PS+ subscription, now is the time to get one. For real. Just get 3 months if you aren't sure. Trust me," he said.

Earlier this month several possible tiers of subscription options were highlighted by a user survey designed to poll potential customers on what they would like Plus' rewards to focus on, including offering new releases free of charge.

One possible tier would offer 61 new "A" quality games a year, but with only one PS3 release a week. Sony's suggested price would be a $7.99 (about a fiver) monthly fee, with three-month and yearly price plans also available. Another option offers 80 games a year, mostly "C" and "B" quality, for $10 a month (about £6). Titles would be at least a year old, although 10 full PS3 releases would be offered every week.

The revamp of PlayStation Plus marks the beginning of a wider effort to improve the PlayStation Network across multiple devices over the coming year, and, we've heard, may include a new, redesigned PlayStation Store that also facilitates purchases from a proper PC web store similar to Xbox Marketplace.

Eurogamer has also heard from a separate source that Sony has secured the cloud gaming services of either OnLive or Gaikai. Reports indicate this deal could be announced at E3, although it may not directly relate to a PlayStation console, rather, cloud gaming through Sony televisions. Both Gaikai and OnLive declined to comment on our report, but in an email to Eurogamer Gaikai teased "some major announcements in store for E3 that have the potential to change the future of video games, game consoles and how we play".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Can honestly say I'd probably happily upgrade to top tier PS+ if they brought it out. I get the vast majority of my games from it for the price of one. Will watch this with great interest

If they integrate the vita properly with some good titles etc then this is an absolute for me

Hmmm, couple things about that. How would Plus on Vita work? Would you have to get a separate subscription or does the one sub do both?

The different tiers there are confusing to read. But seeing that part about Gaikai, now makes me think the games included in the Plus sub will be streaming and not downloadable.

And the fact he's saying to subscribe now, what package would we be moved to?

Unless they're planning something for the Plus update that they're going to reveal at their conference next Monday
    Put Monday in yer calander

Already there. Though their conference is at 2am Tuesday morning, our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

My PS+ ran out just there. Im not using it much but might resub in the future.

Will the games that I have gotten already with it work again if I resubscribe ?

EDIT: From what i've read they wont? is that right ?

Some may work. If they have expiry dates, they won't but some don't have expiry dates, so those might. I think Shank 2, Trine 2 and/or Awesomenauts didn't have expiry dates

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Korvanica wrote: »
    My PS+ ran out just there. Im not using it much but might resub in the future.

Will the games that I have gotten already with it work again if I resubscribe ?

EDIT: From what I've read they wont? is that right ?

I had an automatic renewal set up but completely forgot about it. Was a bit shocked to see that I had €50 charged to my credit card. Got over it fairly quickly. To be honest I haven't REALLY played anything from it but the on-line back up service is great. I really must play some of those classics that I have on my harddrive.

Of all the stuff they've given out to subscribers in the last year, what would you recommend I play? Awesomenauts? Stacking??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I had an automatic renewal set up but completely forgot about it. Was a bit shocked to see that I had €50 charged to my credit card. Got over it fairly quickly. To be honest I haven't REALLY played anything from it but the on-line back up service is great. I really must play some of those classics that I have on my harddrive.

Of all the stuff they've given out to subscribers in the last year, what would you recommend I play? Awesomenauts? Stacking??

Mushroom Wars :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Awesomenauts is very fun and addictive

Mushroom Wars oh yes. especially online

IrishTLR

Stacking is a nice wee puzzle game. Trine 2 is the only other one I've really played. I liked that one as well

SCEE PS+ Press Release

Sony (SCEE) today announced an exciting update to PlayStation Plus that guarantees subscribers receive at least three full games a month from a selection of the very best titles from the PlayStation Store. The update will provide users with a wide variety of the hottest titles, at no additional cost.

Starting June 6th, there will be an Instant Game Collection of 10 games to choose from ready to download and play as part of the updated PlayStation Plus subscription, with at least three being updated monthly. The amazing launch line-up includes the brand new Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, as well as Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD, Renegade Ops, Chime Super Deluxe, Outland, Darksiders and Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.

As part of the 10 games available, there will be a PlayStation Plus Game of the Month. This will change every four weeks and represent the very best PlayStation Store has to offer, including brand new download-only games and Digital Blu-rays.

Additionally, as part of their subscription, members will have access to three digital Blu-ray blockbuster titles from SCEE – inFamous 2, MotorStorm: Apocalypse and LittleBigPlanet 2.

PlayStation Plus will also deliver some of the best games in production from smaller, independent developers that every member will have the chance to play. The first game to be included as part of this new offering is Retro/Grade, the arcade shooter with a twist from 24 Caret Games and will be available later this summer for eight weeks, at no cost to subscribers.

On top of all of the exciting new updates, the PlayStation Plus service will continue to offer the same special features, huge discounts and exclusive access that subscribers know and love.

Over the last year PlayStation Plus has delivered incredible value to its members worldwide. Between June 2011 and June 2012, subscribers have received:

Over €150 in games that are brand new to PlayStation Store and included as part of the subscription, like Awesomenauts, Trine 2 and The Simpsons Arcade
    Over €450in games from the massive collection of great titles already available on PlayStation Store, like Castle Crashers, Plants vs. Zombies and Far Cry 2
    More than €1000 in discounts on brand new games at launch, including digital Blu-ray titles from franchises like Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon and Call of Duty, as well as additional money-off PlayStation Store special offers.
    Subscribers also received an array of exclusive features and access, including cloud storage for game saves, automatic update and beta access to titles like Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, Resistance 3 and StarHawk, as well as a huge collection of exclusive dynamic themes and PlayStation Network avatars.

Last year PlayStation Plus gave members access to content valued at over 30 times the cost of their yearly membership and this will only continue to increase over the coming months.

PlayStation Plus still costs just £39.99/€49.99 for a one-year subscription or £11.99/€14.99 for a 90-day subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Hmmmm interesting. I'm getting the impression that this will actually mean less content overall but more 'premium' content. Maybe that isn't how it'll pan out.

I'm actually playing 40K: Space Marine at the minute. It's quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Works for me, I've been putting off buying newer games while I clear my backlog and some of those titles I've actually been thinking of getting. To be honest, probably the best thing I've heard at this E3 personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Nothing about PS+ on Vita. Disappointing.

May hold off on renewing my sub yet, as I have my backlog to clear and have the games there that I'm most interested in.

But really good offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

But what's a "Digital Blu-Ray", do they just mean downloadable games or what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement