Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

plastik90 wrote: »
    Can't EA games (FIFA, Need For Speed etc.) only be used on one account though?

EA games require an EA account, They will still meet that requirement.

They won't need to have Plus while the main account on the PS4 is already a plus member.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Anyone know what's the best way to go about getting a refund from Sony? I just realised now I got charged €15 for Strider when it should have been free. Do they have a customer support number or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone know what's the best way to go about getting a refund from Sony? I just realised now I got charged €15 for Strider when it should have been free. Do they have a customer support number or anything?

Put a password on the account even if it's just you using it, much safer.

It'll have to be on the phone for that, not sure if they'll give you a refund to your card or just the wallet but they probably will refund it in some way.

01 691 7379

08:00 to 22:00 Monday to Friday
    10:00 to 18:00 Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Just finished trine 2 great game! Frustrating at times and I admit I glanced at a few walk through vids for a few seconds but enjoyable all the same.
    Loved playing in 3d especially.
    Amazing it's an indie game fair play to them and I look forward to what they release next.
    Strider is next on my list. I'm on a mission to complete all my games(I like) before I buy new games but it's so hard with 6 new games per month between all the sony consoles plus that pesky family!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

iamtony wrote: »
    Just finished trine 2 great game! Frustrating at times and I admit I glanced at a few walk through vids for a few seconds but enjoyable all the same.
    Loved playing in 3d especially.
    Amazing it's an indie game fair play to them and I look forward to what they release next.
    Strider is next on my list. I'm on a mission to complete all my games(I like) before I buy new games but it's so hard with 6 new games per month between all the sony consoles plus that pesky family!

Strider is a brilliant game, the start is a bit boring but once it gets going it is crazy good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Davei141 wrote: »
    Strider is a brilliant game, the start is a bit boring but once it gets going it is crazy good fun.
    i played an hour or two before I decided to stop playing bits of games and trying to complete one before moving on to the next and yes I like strider so far anyway.

• Lads just got my PS4 today, any opinions on what the best f2p games are? Been looking at reviews but there 7 months old. Would like to know what they are like now considering they probably have had multiple updates since then

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lads just got my PS4 today, any opinions on what the best f2p games are? Been looking at reviews but there 7 months old. Would like to know what they are like now considering they probably have had multiple updates since then

War thunder is probably the best f2p game, going solely on how you really don't need to spend real money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

War Thunder aye.

I started Warframe and was enjoying it until I discovered how stupid the ranking up system is and how bad their free-to-play model is.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

War Thunder aye.

I started Warframe and was enjoying it until I discovered how stupid the ranking up system is and how bad their free-to-play model is.

Its one of the best Business models and Ranking system is good too. thats coming from a player who played 305 hours on PC and about 30h so far on PS4 and clocking more when I get to PS4. Its the only game I play on ps4 really.

PS4 versions is great that it gives all new player a very good start with 150 plat. That is WAY more then enough to start off. Spending another 7.99eu on 170 extra plat will make you go a very long long route in Warframe.
    The only 2 items that would be important in Warframe and pretty much a Must buy when you start - Reactors and Forma. When you well sorted in game, you will be able to get Alerts to get Blueprints for these easy enough.
    On top of that you can trade items for Premium currency in game. Just get 5 golden t5 reactors and you are 100% off to make some Platinum.

Now when we call on business model being ****, you need to see who calls it ****. There are people who just expect to play free to play games to be Free and with all content and forgetting that devs need to eat and pay for the roof over their heads.
    Warframe has one of the most fair Business models, the only other game that has better one is Path of exile, which just pretty much has only Cosmetic stuff.
    I play right now a lot of free to play games ( World of Tanks, Warframe, LoL, Hawken ) and I played even more of them. There are some games that I really liked, but their Business model is/was way too fecking money grabing ( Ghost Recon online ). I am not going to even touch Mobile free to play garbage and specially EA free to play business.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lads just got my PS4 today, any opinions on what the best f2p games are? Been looking at reviews but there 7 months old. Would like to know what they are like now considering they probably have had multiple updates since then

Warthunder is good if you want to play Planes and you dont have PC to play it. Planes work okay, but Tanks suffer horrible frame rate issues. Its worth playing if you dont have PC though.

Warframe - fantastic game over all. Very overwhelming when you start off and game does a very very **** job explaining the mechanics. Even dev themselves admited it and they are working on new content just to make it easier for new players to understand game. So if you give it some more time and research, you will find a fantastic game.
    Its a PC game originally, but different to Warthunder I can recommend it on PS4 with 2 thumbs up and a "badass Shadowhearth seal of approval". I even play it mostly on PS4 now too.
    Blacklight retribution - Good fps shooter with interesting gun mechanics, but its business model is ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd have to disagree with that. The ranking takes a while to get uses to, but I think it's quite clever. For me it has a much better free-to-play model than War Thunder or Blacklight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Its one of the best Business models and Ranking system is good too. thats coming from a player who played 305 hours on PC and about 30h so far on PS4 and clocking more when I get to PS4. Its the only game I play on ps4 really.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd have to disagree with that. The ranking takes a while to get uses to, but I think it's quite clever. For me it has a much better free-to-play model than War Thunder or Blacklight.

Can see where you're coming from, but after about 10 hours of it so far I'm not really enjoying myself. Finding it too repetitive and like I'm just fighting round after round trying to get materials to fill the blueprints and the only thing I'm making any progress on is levelling up the equipment. That and it has me waiting 24 hours to rank up. I just want to be able to play a big chunk of it instead of having to try rank up once per day.

Am I missing something or doing something horribly wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Maybe not, I think I don't notice the repetitive nature as much as I probably should, cause I was playing with friends, so I didnt notice the amount of time I put in getting the stuff I needed to make guns etc.

The infected planets really break up the repetitiveness of the regular levels, I just wish they'd throw in a few more minibosses and stuff.

I've gotten guns that would cost about €20 or something, in about a day or so of just going about the planets. Kinda liked that you can get most stuff you have your eye on, without it taking too long or actually costing anything.

Apart from the real time days it takes to forge them!

Can see where you're coming from, but after about 10 hours of it so far I'm not really enjoying myself. Finding it too repetitive and like I'm just fighting round after round trying to get materials to fill the blueprints and the only thing I'm making any progress on is levelling up the equipment. That and it has me waiting 24 hours to rank up. I just want to be able to play a big chunk of it instead of having to try rank up once per day.

Am I missing something or doing something horribly wrong?

If you fail, you need to wait 24h. Up to rank 8 its pretty much easy piss mode. How did you manage to fail rank trial runs?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

After completing Uncharted 2, I wanted to check out the co op and MP of Uncharted 3.

But for some reason the full game seems to be deleted and all that's left is the free MP. Something doesn't seem right here as I downloaded it from the yearly IGC and definitely replayed through Uncharted 3 within the last year.

But now it's coming up at €24 and I can't find it in my download list. Anyone else find this?

Edit: I had checked the website.. now checking on the ps3 and found it in the list!

Found it.. ignore post.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Next psn+ announcement should be this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Next psn+ announcement should be this week?

Nah, it'll be sometime next week. The first Wednesday of the month isn't for another two weeks and they seem to be holding off until the week before to announce the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

1st post here, sorry couldn't read all the pages of info, thinking of getting this sub for a year just to rack up the games. I have a PS3 and looking at getting a PS4. Can you play Vita games on PS3 or PS4 if you get them free, I realise this is a dumb question. Also do you have to download the games once they are available or can you just tag them or what. Do I have to boot up the PS3 every few days to check for new games. I know these are questions that have probably been answered already but INPUT!!! I NEEED INNNNPPPUUTTT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Cormac... wrote: »
    1st post here, sorry couldn't read all the pages of info, thinking of getting this sub for a year just to rack up the games. I have a PS3 and looking at getting a PS4. Can you play Vita games on PS3 or PS4 if you get them free, I realise this is a dumb question. Also do you have to download the games once they are available or can you just tag them or what. Do I have to boot up the PS3 every few days to check for new games. I know these are questions that have probably been answered already but INPUT!!! I NEEED INNNNPPPUUTTT

I'll start from the bottom....

- You don't have to boot up your PS3 every few days, games are released once a month. Log in once during this month and get your games. 6 games in total - 2 for each platform. You can only play these games for as long as you have a valid subscription, you don't own these games, you're renting them.

- In order to get the games, all you need is to purchase them on the PSN Store. Then you can download them whenever you want as long as you have a valid subscription.

- Vita games only play on PS3 or PS4 if they are crossbuy, there is an option to play PS4 games on Vita through remote play but you'll have to get advice from someone else on that. I don't own a PS4, to much of PS3 backlog at the moment.

I think that's all.

• Advertisement

van_beano wrote: »
    In order to get the games, all you need is to purchase them on the PSN Store. Then you can download them whenever you want as long as you have a valid subscription.

So it's not quiet like "games with gold" on X-box which i currently use. If I have a PS Plus account, download a game, and let my sub expire I cannot play said game?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,094 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

most questions are answered in the first post.

But you can't play vita games on PS3 or PS4.

You don't have to download right away. Just go through the checkout process with them.

You don't have to check every few days as all the games are released on the one day, except on some occasions where it'll be specified they'll release later, or if there's an issue getting them up as there was this month. Just be sure they say "Free" before adding to your cart.

So it's not quiet like "games with gold" on X-box which i currently use. If I have a PS Plus account, download a game, and let my sub expire I cannot play said game?

Never used an Xbox so don't know anything about gold. But what you say is it in a nutshell, games only work as long as you have a paid subscription, once that lapses then you can't play the games. I think you have about a year after your sub lapses before your downloaded history is deleted, ie if you re-sub within the year of lapsing your PS+ purchases down during your previous subscription will still be accessible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

How can people STILL not get this?

Pay your sub, get the games released every month. Fail to pay your sub, lose the games until you pay again. It's not bloody rocket science folks.

Pay your sub, get the games released every month. Fail to pay your sub, lose the games until you pay again. It's not bloody rocket science folks.

It's ok Vinz, I've got this :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

van_beano wrote: »
    I'll start from the bottom....

- You don't have to boot up your PS3 every few days, games are released once a month. Log in once during this month and get your games. 6 games in total - 2 for each platform. You can only play these games for as long as you have a valid subscription, you don't own these games, you're renting them.

- In order to get the games, all you need is to purchase them on the PSN Store. Then you can download them whenever you want as long as you have a valid subscription.

- Vita games only play on PS3 or PS4 if they are crossbuy, there is an option to play PS4 games on Vita through remote play but you'll have to get advice from someone else on that. I don't own a PS4, to much of PS3 backlog at the moment.

I think that's all.

You can also purchase the games even if you don't own the console through the site: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/

Sorry for asking 2 pretty straight forward questions I need clarification on as I'd heard conflicting answers elsewhere on a THREAD BASED WEBSITE DESIGNED TO PROMOTE DEBATE AND QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Next time I'll just write my questions in tree sap on some dried parchment and throw it into a fire fuelled by the burnt bones of my enemies and pray the smokes signals will please the gods and they will reign their celestial answers down upon me leaving the solutions i seek in the formations of wet leaves in my garden.

For what it's worth of the helpful people to answer I'm still not clear on the Vita question. The reason I ask is I'd like to play Uncharted Compass Thingy if possible as I like that series but I don't play handheld games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

For what it's worth of the helpful people to answer I'm still not clear on the Vita question. The reason I ask is I'd like to play Uncharted Compass Thingy if possible as I like that series but I don't play handheld games

Only some games can be downloaded and played on all the different formats (PS3, PS4 and Vita) and it's only really indies that I've seen give that option. The Uncharted Fight for Fortune Card game is only Vita iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Sorry for asking 2 pretty straight forward questions I need clarification on as I'd heard conflicting answers elsewhere on a THREAD BASED WEBSITE DESIGNED TO PROMOTE DEBATE AND QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Next time I'll just write my questions in tree sap on some dried parchment and throw it into a fire fuelled by the burnt bones of my enemies and pray the smokes signals will please the gods and they will reign their celestial answers down upon me leaving the solutions i seek in the formations of wet leaves in my garden.

Chill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Here...read this.
    It'll explain a lot,

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/vita-games-discussion/209401-ps-vita-ps3-ps4-cross-platform-titles.html

Then ... If you buy a PS+ sub ,go here and start putting all the free games you can into your basket and proceed with the purchase,When you eventually buy a PS4/3 /Vita all the games will be availible to dl,

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/latest-releases/cid=STORE-MSF75508-GAMELATEST

Have fun ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement