Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

INCOMING PLUG! BEWARE!

Oh, hey guy (or gal), you haven't heard of The Swapper and want to know if it's any good? Read this review by yours truly.

Already have Octodad too but two really good PS4 games IMO. I too already have Blood Dragon but held off on SR4 as it was a little too familar to SR3. Nice addition.

This is also probably the first month ever where I have had neither of the Vita games already so gg there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Have both ps4 games on PC and just bought SR4 on steam ten minutes ago. Great games all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I got a code for a free 30 days if you buy the 90day subscription. I don't need this right now if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

jaxdasher wrote: »
    I got a code for a free 30 days if you buy the 90day subscription. I don't need this right now if anyone wants it.

I'le have it for my bro...he only ever buys 90 day subs...cheap fecker.

:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

They stack.
    Add the code and you get 30 days for yourself.

Re read your message.
    Understand now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

If jonerkinsella doesnt take it id be more than happy to take it off your hands

Joner got it guys. Sorry. Yeah this is like the 3rd or second code I got. I used the others already and I'm sorted for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Joner got it guys. Sorry. Yeah this is like the 3rd or second code I got. I used the others already and I'm sorted for a good while.

Where did u get them? Im nosey lol

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Where did u get them? Im nosey lol

Check your emails you get from Sony. I started receiving them a month a go."PlayStation Plus: get 4 months for the price of 3" is the usual heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Check your emails you get from Sony. I started receiving them a month a go."PlayStation Plus: get 4 months for the price of 3" is the usual heading.

Damn. I told Sony not to contact me ...maybe I should update my contact status. Ya never know...I might win something :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Damn. I told Sony not to contact me ...maybe I should update my contact status. Ya never know...I might win something :P

Do,

I got 3 months of music unlimited for 3 quid with the offers...

Never got any plus offers though mind you... !

I buy by the year, so maybe that's why....

You actually get notices for PlayStation competitions outside of the PS blog one, which is really handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Leak PS+ August: PS4 Octodad, The Swapper, PS3 Saints Row 4, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, PSV 1001 Spikes, Atelier Rorona Plus.

May not be 100% as the devs of 1001 Spikes have said their game will not be available, but I reckon people will be happy with that, shame I have all of them except for The Swapper and Atelier Rorona Plus is a must have for the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Will be pissed if true since i bought Blood Dragon a couple of weeks ago D:
    But it is a strong lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Xenji wrote: »
    Leak PS+ August: PS4 Octodad, The Swapper, PS3 Saints Row 4, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, PSV 1001 Spikes, Atelier Rorona Plus.

May not be 100% as the devs of 1001 Spikes have said their game will not be available, but I reckon people will be happy with that, shame I have all of them except for The Swapper and Atelier Rorona Plus is a must have for the Vita.

I hope that is true because I have played none of these games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Thanks to the helpful advice here, I took the plunge and signed up for 3 months. Reason being is i have a PS3 now but might get a PS4 in 3 months

Can I ask for some insider tips?

Is there a specific day/date that the bi-monthly new games are added to the store, I'd like to set a recurring reminder in my phone to turn on the PS3 and download the new games in case I forget (as i have sometimes done for "Games with Gold" on X-box if i've been really busy with a PC game)???

Also, how did you guys build up your PS4 collections before you bought the console, what I tried is downloading the actual game (Towerfall in this case) but not installing it? Is that the way that makes most sense?

Thinking i'm going to see a lot more value from this then the X-Box Games with Gold looking at the games on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Unless they're playing it coy, Octodad is not one of the games unfortunately.

"Octodad ‏@octodadgame 45s
    @aaron_harrison Sorry, Octodad is not a PS+ game for August."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Cormac... wrote: »
    Thanks to the helpful advice here, I took the plunge and signed up for 3 months. Reason being is i have a PS3 now but might get a PS4 in 3 months

Can I ask for some insider tips?

Is there a specific day/date that the bi-monthly new games are added to the store, I'd like to set a recurring reminder in my phone to turn on the PS3 and download the new games in case I forget (as i have sometimes done for "Games with Gold" on X-box if i've been really busy with a PC game)???

The games are released altogether on the first Wednesday of the month.
    Also, how did you guys build up your PS4 collections before you bought the console, what I tried is downloading the actual game (Towerfall in this case) but not installing it? Is that the way that makes most sense?

Thinking i'm going to see a lot more value from this then the X-Box Games with Gold looking at the games on offer.

Buy the games on the website and they will be marked as purchased from then on. Just download them onto your PS4 whenever you get it then. You can do the same for Vita games as well.

Games are monthly, not bi-monthly.
    Usually the first wednesday, but you have the whole month to "purchase" them.
    Set reminder for the 15th or something like that.

You don't have to download or install them.
    Just "purchase" them and they will be in your download list when you get your PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Unless they're playing it coy, Octodad is not one of the games unfortunately.

"Octodad ‏@octodadgame 45s
    @aaron_harrison Sorry, Octodad is not a PS+ game for August."

Yeah, i get a feeling that leak isn't genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ok cool, thanks for the advice

I was getting confused with the 6 games thing (now i realise 3 of them are indie type games)

So I should be doing the "purchasing" in a browser on PC/Mac instead of via the PS store on the Console itself as I only saw a "download" option there within the store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I was getting confused with the 6 games thing (now i realise 3 of them are indie type games)

So I should be doing the "purchasing" in a browser on PC/Mac instead of via the PS store on the Console itself as I only saw a "download" option there within the store

I don't think you can buy PS4 games from the PS3. You can get Vita games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

I'm hoping the new PS+ games will be released today as oppose to next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

You should be purchasing from the Browser, use the PS4 category filter to only display PS4 store items.

However if you have the Playstation APP, you can purchase from the store option on there also.

6 Games are released on PS+ , 2 for PS3 , 2 for PS4 , 2 for PS Vita.

These games are usually announced the last week of the month to be released in the first week of the following month, usually Tuesday or Wednesday.

When you purchase a game listed as a PS+ title on either of the three platforms, you can download or re-download that title anytime as long as your PS+ subscription is Active, thus you can purchase free titles on PS+ and then just download them when you get your PS4 as your account will have them as purchased under your PSN account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Sorry if this has been asked.

I have a PS4 and PS plus membership.

I'm thinking of getting a PS3 again ( sold old one )

If I am getting the PS3 it won't be until xmas.. can I go to the PS plus store via a web browser and get all the games out and that come out in the coming months and when I do get the PS3 download them ?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

NeVeR wrote: »

If I am getting the PS3 it won't be until xmas.. can I go to the PS plus store via a web browser and get all the games out and that come out in the coming months and when I do get the PS3 download them ?

thanks.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yes. Exactly that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

NeVeR wrote: »

thanks.

Yes. Anything you purchase through PS+ is added to whatever console system's download list you bought them on.

As an aside, I'd still purchase the Vita games too if I were everyone else... You never know when you might pick one up, and you'll have a substantial library before you even think about buying games for it

You should also be doing it for the Vita games...Just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i can't believe I could have been doing this all along.. just in case !! going mad now.

at least I can start from today

thanks lads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement