Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

NeVeR wrote: »
    i can't believe I could have been doing this all along.. just in case !! going mad now.

at least I can start from today

thanks lads.

Title of thread: Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

From first post:
    I only have a Vita/PS3 so I don't need the games for the other system
    Even if you only have one of the consoles, add all the games to the download list anyway. You never know, you may be tempted to get the console later on with all these games to play on it.

Jackie-Chan-Meme-Template.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Otacon wrote: »
    Title of thread: Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Who reads the 1st posts :D:D

Also my question was related to browser purchases

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Lads, do UK codes work over here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Keno wrote: »
    Lads, do UK codes work over here?

Yes, on a UK account.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Was there not supposed to be a big sale this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Was there not supposed to be a big sale this week?

Wednesday, when the store updates tomorrow as always.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Wednesday, when the store updates tomorrow as always.

Yeah I know it updates Wednesday but don't they usually tell us before it updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The PlayStation EU Blog posts details but it's usually only a few hours or so before. Sometimes only when it goes live.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The PlayStation EU Blog posts details but it's usually only a few hours or so before. Sometimes only when it goes live.

For some reason I thought it was a day or two before hand. Cheers.

I think Diablo 3 would be a good one. A new edition of it I'd coming out soon. In PS+ tradition it would be a good candidate. Been awhile since an RPG was part of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I think it'd be a good one for us but like the time we got Tomb Raider I wouldn't be able to understand it.

You would imagine it'd affect it's sales on PS4.

As an example Iw a tempted to buy Tomb Raider on PS4 but then we got the announcement before it even came out.

Also has anyone played much of Dragon's Dogma? I started it up there the other day... feels like its struggling a bit technically but it looks like something I'd get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Out of curiosity, how many of you play every game you get each month, on whatever consoles you own? I know I've only played a handful on the PS3 so I'm a wee bit behind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Out of curiosity, how many of you play every game you get each month, on whatever consoles you own? I know I've only played a handful on the PS3 so I'm a wee bit behind

Depends. Truthfully, I might play an hour or two of most of them when they go up and say I'll get back to them after I've finished whatever I'm playing but I've a pretty sizeable backlog at this stage. I'm playing Dead Space 2 atm because I said I'd get that out of the way before playing Dead Space 3 but truth be told my poor nerves will need a break from Dead Space for a bit after finishing 2.

I haven't played any of the other Dead Space games.. but there is a serious lack of horror in the 3rd game.

In fact, about halfway through it kind of goes all out action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I've played Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider on PS3 and Resogun on PS 4 since I joined PS+ last July and that's it.
    I still make the purchases every month in the hope that some day I'll have time to play them all. But I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Ive had PS+ for nearly a year and have finished far cry 3. PC is my main gaming machine so the backlog on that is bad enough.

I actually play a lot of the PS+ games and right now I'm on a mission to finish them.

Right now I'm on Dead Space 3 and over the weekend I beat both Ico and SOTC over the weekend.

From looking at my PS3 download list - I must complete X-com and Dragons Dogma. That's it!

I must say I'm a little slower to finish the PS4 and Vita games... some just don't grab me as much but still playing through Sly Cooper on Vita and finished Stick it to the Man the other week on PS4.

With all that said I imagine I'm one of the odd people who finish a lot of the games I get/play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So any word on augusts ps+ games yet?

tok9 wrote: »
    I actually play a lot of the PS+ games and right now I'm on a mission to finish them.

Right now I'm on Dead Space 3 and over the weekend I beat both Ico and SOTC over the weekend.

From looking at my PS3 download list - I must complete X-com and Dragons Dogma. That's it!

I must say I'm a little slower to finish the PS4 and Vita games... some just don't grab me as much but still playing through Sly Cooper on Vita and finished Stick it to the Man the other week on PS4.

With all that said I imagine I'm one of the odd people who finish a lot of the games I get/play.

Any games I start I aim to finish and I only play one game at a time so I concentrate on finishing it. I bought a load in the last couple of sales and when Tesco were selling off a load of their old stock so now I've a backlog of over a 100 games. I'll never get through them all if I'm honest…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I play them all, but finish very few of them.

The exception being when I was off work sick a month or so ago and finished Brothers and Stick it to the man on the same day.

Some of them I've played for ten minutes and not gone back - Trine, Mercenary kings, Strider.

Just don't have the time really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I haven't played any of the other Dead Space games.. but there is a serious lack of horror in the 3rd game.

In fact, about halfway through it kind of goes all out action.

Dead Space is a good game, in a dark room with a good headset.
    Really enjoyed that game, every little noise set the heart racing.

Dead Space 2 and 3 are action run and gun games, no tension - just, oh another baddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I've put hours into borderlands 2 which was free a while ago. Fecking love it. Other than that I try to at least load up all the games I download, but I haven't played them all.

Also has anyone played much of Dragon's Dogma? I started it up there the other day... feels like its struggling a bit technically but it looks like something I'd get into.

I love dragons dogma. I've placed numerous hours on it. It is unfortunate that it does have frame rate issues. It would be cool to get a ps4 version with updated graphics and solid frame rate and it will be perfect. That game is something you have be in to. The combat and works is amazing to me atleast. It could have been a competitor to the Souls series and still could.

The game I spent most time on and still plan to go back to from psn+ has to be Demon's souls, Xcom, Dragons Dogma, Deus Ex, and Borderlands.

F1ngers wrote: »

Dead Space 2 and 3 are action run and gun games, no tension - just, oh another baddy.

I have played 1 and 2. There is something lacking from the sequels. Playing Dead Space 3 now coop, and if I wasn't I would find it extremely boring. Fighting humans with cover mechanics was the biggest red flag that this is not survival horror anymore, and this happened in the first 15 minutes of the game and keep coming back. Create weapons maybe fun but it just doesn't feel right to a survival horror game, it belongs in dead rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Biggest PS Plus game that surprised me was Spec Ops The Line. I would never have bought it or tried it otherwise!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jonny24ie wrote: »

They're announcing the summer sale this week so I'm guessing it'll be the store update and the sale being announced today with the PS games maybe tomorrow. Could be totally wrong though. Keep checking the blog after midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

It's pretty good although it can seem difficult at first. You can hire a kick ass pawn if you are struggling to help at the start...

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »

Ya I had assumed that and I meant to buy Dead Space 1 ages ago. Someday I might go back and pick it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement