Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

As usual all the games will go in the Basket, but I doubt any will be played seeing that I have Fez already.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

chrislad wrote: »
    Meh, nothing much there this month for me. I have Fez, though I can't really seem to get into it. Crysis isn't my cupan tae, but I've enough to get through in my backlog so no harm done!

I have Fez on 360, pity...

The other one doesn't look great for PS4 either, oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Only bought 5 games for Ps4 so far and Fez is one of them, great :cool: Good game though, playing it on Vita more than PS4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Would rather it be the leaked list.

Would have preferred Octodad for ps4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm not even gonna comment on that line up for PS4, it's just a waste of time at this stage. Makes me wish we were at least given the option ourselves whether to use EA Access, money would be better spent than a ps plus subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

DarkJager wrote: »
    I'm not even gonna comment on that line up for PS4, it's just a waste of time at this stage. Makes me wish we were at least given the option ourselves whether to use EA Access, money would be better spent than a ps plus subscription.

Apart from the odd half decent free game its pointless at this moment in time other then needing it to play online.

Really wish you could play ps3 games on the system or even have a proper back catalogue to download from of older games while theres nothing else out there to buy new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Apart from the odd half decent free game its pointless at this moment in time other then needing it to play online.

Really wish you could play ps3 games on the system or even have a proper back catalogue to download from of older games while theres nothing else out there to buy new.

At least TLOU is out this week, really looking forward to it as I haven't played it at all yet :) Few other games releasing over the next couple of months that I can play offline as well so that's my ps plus sub done for the foreseeable future.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

apart from Resogun, Outlast, Dead Nation, Trine 2 and Strider, the ps4 games have been fairly terrible. Would really like to see Child Of Light,Transister and Abe's Oddysee added at some point! holding off on buying those 3 titles for the moment waiitng for them to appear on Ps+. PS+ is still well worth it tho for the few good games added every few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The ps4 has only been out 8 months, you can't compare it to the library of a console that's been out 8 years. I expect some retail games will be added late this year, knack first probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

PS4:
    Road Not Taken (out August 5)
    Fez (out now)

PS3:
    Crysis 3 (out now)
    Proteus (out now)

Vita:
    Metrico (out August 5)
    Dragon's Crown (out now; US/Canada only)
    Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (out now; Europe only)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Gonzo wrote: »
    apart from Resogun, Outlast, Dead Nation, Trine 2 and Strider, the ps4 games have been fairly terrible. Would really like to see Child Of Light,Transister and Abe's Oddysee added at some point! holding off on buying those 3 titles for the moment waiitng for them to appear on Ps+. PS+ is still well worth it tho for the few good games added every few months.

You named about half of the PS4 PS+ games there that you like, so you have a one in two ratio of happiness with your PS+ games. Not bad I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Fez is not up yet for me on PS4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I don't think it's fair to call Towerfall, Don't Starve, Stick it to the Man or Pixeljunk Shooter 'terrible'. They might not be to your individual tastes, but they are all well made and interesting games that very much succeed at what they set out to do. Again, you don't have to like them (there's a few that haven't suited my tastes), but it's doing them a disservice to dismiss them as merely terrible. Even Contrast had a lot of good ideas. Mercenary Kings is the only game I felt was poorly designed, although I have to confess I only spent an hour or two but the opening didn't encourage me at all to continue.

It's been said before, but we have to be realistic about what games Sony are in a position to offer. Oddworld is a big release from an established franchise, so it would be incredibly surprising if it was given away free on launch. Transistor was the work of a small independent team, and even Child of Light was something of a commercial gamble from Ubisoft. Games have to make money, and to Sony's credit they've obviously 'sponsored' quite a few new releases to make sure the Plus schedule isn't completely barren (some would have been commercially successful already on other formats - in fact, Resogun is I think the only one that hadn't had some previous incarnation or launch on another platform). These types of games will show up, but no developer or indeed Sony is going to encourage Plus to grow so big that they can't actually sell software in the first place.

On this month's lot, I have to say I'm very intrigued by Metrico - had passed me by up until now, but it looks like a completely unique and experimental effort. Those descriptions can also apply to Proteus, which is a really intriguing and worthwhile experience. Given a playthrough only lasts an hour or so though, it might be the first title to actually warrant the 'there's only an hour of content there' complaint though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Fez is not up yet for me on PS4.

Not going to be up for you until the 6th August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Not going to be up for you until the 6th August.

Ah right, a few posts above said out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Looking forward to playing Fez and Metrico. They should keep me busy for the month along with few other games I'm waiting to get round to.

Haven't had much time to get stuck into Watch Dogs, so have to get back to that. Playing episode 4 of Walking Dead and still have Stealth and Lone Survivor to play on Vita as well.

Not to mention dropping in on FIFA on PS4 and Everybodys Golf on Vita as well, from time to time.

To be honest, more games about than I can get to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Also.. Rogue Legacy is out lads. €10 with PS+

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Just put an hour into Rogue Legacy there. Have had it for ages on PC and loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'm happy to get another Lego game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just put an hour into Rogue Legacy there. Have had it for ages on PC and loved it.

ye bought it again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sweetie wrote: »
    ye bought it again?

I bought it again mainly for use on the Vita, great game for playing whilst travelling or in bed.

Yeah I had fez on the 360 and never played it much but looking fwd to getting into it on the vita now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

sweetie wrote: »
    ye bought it again?
    I find I prefer sitting back and playing games on my console. Just feels more relaxing than sitting in front of my PC monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Can't wait to try "Road not taken" fantastic that's it's free as it would of been a day 1 purchase for me.

Also don't wait for child of light to possibly be on ps+ someday, it's an amazing game for €15!, I bought it twice, ps4 and vita versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I find I prefer sitting back and playing games on my console. Just feels more relaxing than sitting in front of my PC monitor.

In my case it's the same screen and seat, but the difference in playing is leaning back and relaxing vs hunched forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Just bought Batman arkam origins, 22 euro, so far so good...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Just bought Batman arkam origins, 22 euro, so far so good...

I finished it a few days ago and loved it. Might be the best of the three Arkham games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I finished it a few days ago and loved it. Might be the best of the three Arkham games.

In opposite land! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'd nearly agree with that. I was fortunate enough that I didn't come across any major bug.

Easily better than City imo and it'd be a toss up between Origins and Asylum.

• Advertisement

I liked them all so far but for me;

1. Asylum
    2. Origins
    3. City
    4. Blackgate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement