Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Origins was great but City was better and Asylum better than that so Origins gets 3rd place by default. Will take 4th place when Arkham Knight gets released!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Preferred Asylum over the rest - never finished them, got insanely bored with travelling from one side of the city and back again. Just found that negative outweighed the positives for me.

On an unrelated note just bought Rogue Legacy on foot of the recommendations above - cheers folk - looking forward for some random dungeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've only played about 10 - 20 mins of Rogue Legacy and I'm already addicted to it.

It's Spelunky levels of addictive! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Asylum was the best by a long way. Much more focused in what it was doing and delightfully Metroidy in its layout, giving you a relatively small area to explore but not one square inch is wasted and every area has something new for you on return visists

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Tbh, I dunno what people were expecting for PS4. The console is still in its infancy. Happy enough to play through some indie games I would never usually go out of my way to play.

Looking forward to playing through Crysis 3. Enjoyed the first two games but never got around to picking up the latest installment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

I think City was a clunky attempt at an open world Batman and Origins refined that to be a more focused and streamlined affair (imo) albeit with some bugs due to a rushed release.

tok9 wrote: »
    I've only played about 10 - 20 mins of Rogue Legacy and I'm already addicted to it.

It's Spelunky levels of addictive! :D

Addicted too, quit Wolfenstein when it finished downloading, not sure when I'll be back - onto my third heir. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

You can always tell its the end of the month when people bitch about PS+ lineup.

Do people expect Sony to release brand new games each month that normally people pay 60-70 quid for?

It's seriously grating to see people complain every month.

It's a great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Moneymaker wrote: »
    You can always tell its the end of the month when people bitch about PS+ lineup.

Do people expect Sony to release brand new games each month that normally people pay 60-70 quid for?

It's seriously grating to see people complain every month.

It's a great service.

I simply wouldn't be able to game without it! A fairly slow year for me work wise with just nixers getting me by, so obviously spending 60 or 70 euro for games is rarely an option. I think the internet age has made us spoilt brats TBH... I personally love PS+.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

As a Vita owner I download all the free stuff from PS+ each month. Great service.

I will buy a PS4 Christmas 2015. I dont need one till then due to backlogs etc..

My question is seen as I'm already a PS+ member is there a way I can download the free games for the PS4 so I can have them there waiting essentially for me when I eventually do buy it?

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

As a Vita owner I download all the free stuff from PS+ each month. Great service.

I will buy a PS4 Christmas 2015. I don't need one till then due to backlogs etc..

My question is seen as I'm already a PS+ member is there a way I can download the free games for the PS4 so I can have them there waiting essentially for me when I eventually do buy it?

cheers

You can "purchase" them from the online psn store.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Damn on the Lego Harry Potter for vita, was looking forward to Atelier Rorona. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Got Pure Pool on the PS4 for €6.99. It's actually pretty good, I'd normally get bored with a pool or snooker game quite quickly but the requirements to get 3 stars in each game make it pretty interesting. Already put in a load of hours since yesterday.

Online seems to be quite busy too but I haven't tried it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

daUbiq wrote: »
    You can "purchase" them from the online psn store.

So do they show up in a list or what then?

I'll try them tonight to see what you mean. Never had to do this in the past as I generally have the space on the Vita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

So do they show up in a list or what then?

I'll try them tonight to see what you mean. Never had to do this in the past as I generally have the space on the Vita.

Log onto the website with your user email address and your password and then stick the PS Plus games into your shopping cart. Check out and buy the games and then they will show up on the website as purchased. Download them whenever you need to then.

Since Sony passed on EA's new subscription service, I take it we will never see an EA game on PS+ again, although the only one I remember off the top of my head was Mass Effect 3.

When Sony do release full 'proper' PS4 games, people are going to complain about how shyte Knack/Killzone is. Won't be until 2015 until we see games like AC 4, Need 4 Speed Rivals, etc. Although would be a good move out of Ubisoft to release AV 4 for free before Unity releases to remind people how good the AC series can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Since Sony passed on EA's new subscription service, I take it we will never see an EA game on PS+ again, although the only one I remember off the top of my head was Mass Effect 3.

When Sony do release full 'proper' PS4 games, people are going to complain about how shyte Knack/Killzone is. Won't be until 2015 until we see games like AC 4, Need 4 Speed Rivals, etc. Although would be a good move out of Ubisoft to release AV 4 for free before Unity releases to remind people how good the AC series can be.

Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3 are both EA Games.

Ah yes, need 4 speed might never make it on so although you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Is there EA games on the PS Now service?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

lertsnim wrote: »
    Is there EA games on the PS Now service?

EA games do show up on it occasionally but it's not a separate thing.

• Advertisement

Myself and Jaxdasher finished Dead Space 3 there.

I'll start off by saying I had a fun time playing it.. but it was purely down to playing it with someone else similar to how I had fun with something like Dead Island.

Firstly it's such a weird game to turn into an action game. You have a survival horror set in space. But someone decides to change it to a co op shooter with half in space and the other half in a pretty open area. There was a complete lack of any horror at all in the game.

The game itself is just really bland too. Everywhere looks the same.. as in there are literally several identical areas in the game and others which are almost identical.

On top of that the story just seems so stupid and there are so many times you're thinking why are we doing this and why didn't we just do that.

Now.. you might get the impression that I hated it but I didn't.. playing with someone else always makes a game that more entertaining and it does have the odd very cool moment in the game.

The highlight for me are the optional missions where one of the players gets hallucinations.. these are pretty cool as some they are the more unique missions and both players experiences are different so it's cool describing it to the other.

So all in all.. if you've someone to play it with, go have a laugh. Otherwise stay clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Adding to Tok9's point there. I felt that it could have used a section where we could be separated. It would actually add genuine tension. It felt like they trying to appeal to a very broad audience that they lost sight of their survival horror beginnings. It's sad how they could in their own power steer it in the right direction, yet it just feels wrong for its predecessor.

The ending felt so unsatisfying. It wasn't rewarding enough to show that you did something, that all your work payed off. It was just a hasty lazy ending.

I can see they are encouraging multiple play throughs, but to me this a one run game. Deleting it for some needed space.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    The ending felt so unsatisfying. It wasn't rewarding enough to show that you did something, that all your work payed off. It was just a hasty lazy ending.

Just to add on the ending.. it appears there was some DLC added and the ending doesn't get any better... in fact it's worse.

http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Space_3:_Awakened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

are people currently using, PS Now, if so how?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

phobia2011 wrote: »
    are people currently using, PS Now, if so how?

People in the US are, we cannot used it here.

OK well after picking up Rogue Legacy reduced yesterday I am well and truly hooked. So much so I even dreamt about the damn game and still picked it up first thing this morning.

Is it repetitive - yes
    Is it tough - well if you play like me yes
    Is it worth the tenner - oh hell yes.

It's actually so damn good.

Oddly enough I got a trophy for playing it over 20 hours already. I know I'm hooked... but I haven't played that long :p

Must be a glitch on the vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Probably been mentioned already but I just renewed my plus for 12 months for €42.50 on the sen store. Didn't need a code

How much is it normally?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

tok9 wrote: »
    How much is it normally?

€50.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement