Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Jaysus I'm gonna have to spend some time clearing up some memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If it's to make room for games, sure you can delete and redownload as long as they've been added to the download queue while they were on offer

As for blu-ray release, I believe it just means retail releases, but then it mentions other retail releases so that confused me

I can see servers crashing tomorrow with people downloading these games. Remember when the PS rewards program went active and there were complaints due to the number downloading their free games. And that was only 2 games

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

Only signed up for ps+ a few Months ago and was already impressed with the content this looks like a big improvement lets hope the games to come are good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I can see why they've done this but I've got most of my PS+ playing time out of smaller games which I wouldn't have even thought of playing otherwise. If I wanted big titles I'd have bought them at release or could pick them up for a few quid at this stage preowned.

That said, I did have InFamous 2 and LBP2 on my radar so the choice of games they're putting up is pretty decent for me.

I'm sure this will lead to some people trading in their copies of whatever games are on Playstation Plus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Took the plunge, already happily shooting away in Max Payne ^_^

Infamous 2 and Space Marine are quality games, and I always regretted leaving them in Ireland........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Took the plunge, already happily shooting away in Max Payne ^_^

Infamous 2 and Space Marine are quality games, and I always regretted leaving them in Ireland........

As did I. I think this represents astounding value! Got Max Payne only 2 hours ago, and am now downloading inFamous 2, Oddworld, Outland and Darksiders, all games I'm interested in, but none that I own.

Sony have really won me over with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What do people think of Virtua fighter DLC model, €15 for the game and then €5 - €25 in customization DLC that do seem to be optional.

Add me on PSN i want to get a nice few games of Space marine online.

Really want to play this game, prize for the one who can think of why ( there is no prize).

Is the online side of Space Marine any good?

Infamous 2 is 15GB.

• Advertisement

So with Space Marine you also get the online pass free.

I have found one problem with this offer, aside from running out of space. The download list. They need to sort that out so you don't have to scroll through everything to find one item.

Letting Virtua Fighter, InFamous 2 and LBP2 download overnight. Is there anything else on there I should be snapping up? (I've got Space Marine on disc).

As long as you select them from the shop, add them to your basket and get them through chcekout so they're in your download list you're okay. You don't have to download all at once if you don't want to.
    But Infamous 2 alone will keep you going for 2 full days if you play non stop as good then evil or vice versa. :)
    I just added all to my download list so they're there if I want to play them after the offer ends.

Yeah good idea.

I've got the first InFamous and LBP in my backlog as it is before I can even think about playing the sequels.

I'm sure for LBP, the story's not essential, but I'm a big fan of Infamous. Really enjoy those games. Probably my favourite games on the PS3. Just fun games to play

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The download speeds are painfully slow, 700 minutes it says for Virtua Fighter, it's 2GB and I have a 25mb connection, complete joke. It would take 15 minutes on my laptop to download that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm trying to navigate the mess that is the PSN store. I could not find Journey without using the search function and even then all it will list is the sound track from the game and not the game itself. I saw it pop up as a add for €12.99 and I selected it to go and buy it and it then said the content was not available for my account. WTF. Why not. I have plus account for 16 months now, I know that has nothing to do with it but what gives.

At least on XBL all the XBL arcade games are listed together but on the PSN store everything is all over the place. Only the PS1 and 2 games are listed in any sort of logical manner.

ShaneU wrote: »
    The download speeds are painfully slow, 700 minutes it says for Virtua Fighter, it's 2GB and I have a 25mb connection, complete joke. It would take 15 minutes on my laptop to download that.

The joys of PSN. With XBL that would take about 10-15mins with my connection. Sony need to get PSN up to speed for the next gen. Put all those Plus subs to some use with more bandwidth.

The joys of PSN. With XBL that would take about 10-15mins with my connection. Sony need to get PSN up to speed for the next gen. Put all those Plus subs to some use with more bandwidth.

It's not a technical issue of the PS3 or PSN it's cost issue and if they did put the plus sub to use improving speed i would want it for plus members only, i'm not paying so for others to use it and more than likely reducing what i get off plus each month.

I'm trying to navigate the mess that is the PSN store. I could not find Journey without using the search function and even then all it will list is the sound track from the game and not the game itself. I saw it pop up as a add for €12.99 and I selected it to go and buy it and it then said the content was not available for my account. WTF. Why not. I have plus account for 16 months now, I know that has nothing to do with it but what gives.

At least on XBL all the XBL arcade games are listed together but on the PSN store everything is all over the place. Only the PS1 and 2 games are listed in any sort of logical manner.

Yeah I've found that. I was looking for something and went and just browsed by all alphabetically, but couldn't find it. So then went to the genre and found it there.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah I've found that. I was looking for something and went and just browsed by all alphabetically, but couldn't find it. So then went to the genre and found it there.

Yeah, the layout is really bugging me here. It's very frustrating. Someone needs to sit down and redesign it, and improve the search function while they are at it.

I know there is tones of stuff here I just can't see and don't know exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I can still remember the original store.
    Was basically a web page. Controlled with a cursor n all :pac:
    The store atm is god like to me :P

I can still remember the original store.
    Was basically a web page. Controlled with a cursor n all :pac:
    The store atm is god like to me :P

God yeah, almost forgot about that.

Anyways, looks like Journey is a game I can never play. Not on my account. Don't know whats wrong with it.

Need a new HDD for all this new Plus content. The ol 60Gb did well to get me this far. Thinking on a OCZ 240Gb SSD, nice price on them lately.

God yeah, almost forgot about that.

Anyways, looks like Journey is a game I can never play. Not on my account. Don't know whats wrong with it.

Need a new HDD for all this new Plus content. The ol 60Gb did well to get me this far. Thinking on a OCZ 240Gb SSD, nice price on them lately.

You won't notice any improvement with an SSD, go for size with a HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I'm disappointed to see that of the ten games being offered this month, I have most of them. The 'blockbusters' they're offering are games a lot of PS owners will have played (infamous 2, Warhammer 40k, darksiders). Here's hoping they do stick with their promise of adding new games to that list monthly.

Varik wrote: »
    You won't notice any improvement with an SSD, go for size with a HDD.

But what about the partition size limitations with FAT32? From what I have read some games to take advantage of 7200rpm drive over the bog standard 5400rpm dives from the factory. SSDs being faster again and should not slow with time and capacity.

But what about the partition size limitations with FAT32? From what I have read some games to take advantage of 7200rpm drive over the bog standard 5400rpm dives from the factory. SSDs being faster again and should not slow with time and capacity.

The internal file system isn't FAT32, the PS3 uses a proprietary one. The PS3 only supports SATA 1 so all that speed even if it could be used all the time is vastly limited.

For the games that install from a disc you'll only see a tiny improvement as the internal drive is not the limiting factor. Most preform the same in game there are a few that will gain a performance boost and few more that loading times will improve but the majority won't.

For the price you'll pay for an SSD whose size is of any use you'll get a HDD that you'll never need more space.
    SSDs being faster again and should not slow with time and capacity.

it does with the PS3s lack of Trim support but not to any great amount. SSD do degrade with use unless the computer properly handles blocks that aren't needed.

Notorious wrote: »
    I'm disappointed to see that of the ten games being offered this month, I have most of them. The 'blockbusters' they're offering are games a lot of PS owners will have played (infamous 2, Warhammer 40k, darksiders). Here's hoping they do stick with their promise of adding new games to that list monthly.

Some more cash going to THQ from Sony and a chance that more people will buy the sequel, the game did not sell as well as they wanted and there was an interview that stated that the series may be dropped ( for now) if 2 does not preform well.

Darksiders was the only game i had from the list and i had put off the rest as i already had too much waiting on my self.

ShaneU wrote: »

That's weird. I set Virtua Fighter, LBP2 and InFamous 2 on download last night (30MB UPC wired broadband). Virtua Fighter downloaded in about 15 minutes. I went to bed about 10 minutes after that and LBP2 (5.5GB) was half way through downloading. I don't know how long all 15GB of InFamous 2 took but it was certainly done by the time I got up this morning.

Downloads do take longer than they should do, and last night was probably worse than normal due to the take-up of these games but if they were taking that long for you then it sounds like a problem with your set-up. Either that or I was incredibly lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

It felt really good queuing all those games just now. Now to go to the river, drink, sleep, work tomorrow then have all the weekend to play. :pac: Seriously happy I got Playstation+ right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement