Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Ah ok thought that was the case alright as never seen the option to do it. Be handy if and when they do add it, along with media playback

soon-red-bouncy-ball.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I picked up Hitman Absolution for a tenner in Tesco and it has an introductory month of PS Plus - does anyone know if I can get an extra month for my Plus from it if I already have it. I know it's only a month but every little helps as Tesco says.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I picked up Hitman Absolution for a tenner in Tesco and it has an introductory month of PS Plus - does anyone know if I can get an extra month for my Plus from it if I already have it. I know it's only a month but every little helps as Tesco says.

Yes, you can top up your plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Yes, you can top up your plus.

I'm not sure if you can with these. A lot of the ones I've got have only been valid for new accounts. They're not standard subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you can with these. A lot of the ones I've got have only been valid for new accounts. They're not standard subscriptions.

Oh right, sorry bout that. I thought the were all stackable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Deano7788 wrote: »

Yeah, that's what I was wondering… shur, I'll give it a bash and see and if it doesn't work I'll give the code to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Had a little run through of Proteus this morning. It's probably a game I wouldn't give much time to on my PS3 but if I had a Vita I'd probably get lost in it on a long bus trip.

Still playing through Crysis 3. Story is pretty meh and it's essentially the same game as the second. Visually great and plays well enough but finding it pretty repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah it's a very weird game, im play it and liking it but not sure why...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭tigger123

That_Guy wrote: »
    Had a little run through of Proteus this morning. It's probably a game I wouldn't give much time to on my PS3 but if I had a Vita I'd probably get lost in it on a long bus trip.

Still playing through Crysis 3. Story is pretty meh and it's essentially the same game as the second. Visually great and plays well enough but finding it pretty repetitive.

If you've never played any of the Crysis games would you recommend this one?

You may be a bit lost story wise, but it's fun enough to play through once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

So Proteus, I've wandered a bit and took some pictures and closed my eyes. Anything else I should know?

You can sit down with x and then change the colour pallet of the world with the back touchpad.... for some reason.

Oh follow the animals and they generally lead you to these swirly vortex things that transport you to the next season, once you go through all 4 seasons it ends apparently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah explore and look for patterns and ways to change the season. There's a very nice, poetic ending if you figure out the island's tricks.

CombatCow wrote: »
    You can sit down with x and then change the colour pallet of the world with the back touchpad.... for some reason.

Oh follow the animals and they generally lead you to these swirly vortex things that transport you to the next season, once you go through all 4 seasons it ends apparently.

Thanks, so I spent an hour wandering, got some trophies ! It's weirdly beautiful.
    Defo not for everyone, if you just spend 10 minutes playing Proteus, you will not get it.

Maybe I'm just a trophy junkie.....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

tigger123 wrote: »
    If you've never played any of the Crysis games would you recommend this one?

Yeah, it's a decent enough game and there's also a catch up option in the main menu "The story of Crysis so far" or something to that effect.

Decent but forgettable.

eddhorse wrote: »
    Thanks, so I spent an hour wandering, got some trophies ! It's weirdly beautiful.
    Defo not for everyone, if you just spend 10 minutes playing Proteus, you will not get it.

Maybe I'm just a trophy junkie.....

Got all the trophies there this evening, most were easy but 2 were difficult; touching all the stone pillars in the map, seeing all the plants in the game across all seasons, there's no guide to tell you what you have seen so it's just keep exploring till it pop's. Think I finished the game 6 times. :o:rolleyes:

Can't get into Road not taken, which is a shame as I love the art style and concept but it's wrecking my head way too much.

Now on to metrico :pac:

CombatCow wrote: »
    Got all the trophies there this evening, most were easy but 2 were difficult; touching all the stone pillars in the map, seeing all the plants in the game across all seasons, there's no guide to tell you what you have seen so it's just keep exploring till it pop's. Think I finished the game 6 times. :o:rolleyes:

Can't get into Road not taken, which is a shame as I love the art style and concept but it's wrecking my head way too much.

Now on to metrico :pac:

Yeah tried for that stone trophy but it was autumn.
    May try and get the other plants one too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Proteus to me is the sort of game that highlights how pointless trophies are in certain circumstances. It's a game that I loved experiencing without any distractions, and was pleased when I finished it. Replaying it several times with arbitrary goals would kill it for me. I'd say the same thing about Journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Yeah tried for that stone trophy but it was autumn.
    May try and get the other plants one too.

That plants trophy is annoying me, going for about my 7th playthrough now!

Proteus to me is the sort of game that highlights how pointless trophies are in certain circumstances. It's a game that I loved experiencing without any distractions, and was pleased when I finished it. Replaying it several times with arbitrary goals would kill it for me. I'd say the same thing about Journey.

Yeah i see what you mean, i played Journey through about 3 times and watched my friends playing it also. Didnt feel the need to go back and "get all the glyphs" etc

I see what you mean in relation to Proteus also. That stones trophy and plant trophy is quite pointless. changed my mind about going back for more. Onto Fez instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Finished Road Not Taken tonight, surprised its got so little reaction, it has reviewed well and is a great little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I tried to play it without getting irritated. I failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

I was really happy with Fez this Month been wanting to play it for a long time. The rest of the games I will play at some stage but maybe not right away haha. They are games I would have never looked at so having the chance to play these game is one of the reasons I love ps plus having the chance to see things that would not be on my radar. I am hoping for some retail games on the ps4 and can see us getting some in November as this is a year since ps plus on the ps4.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I tried to play it without getting irritated. I failed.

Same, I just cant play it at, got to level 4 and that was enough for me, also I failed the tutorial like 4-5 times :o:confused:

So Fez, just figured out that there's more to it, not to give anything away, it's a cryptic little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It took the Vita to get me to finish Fez. I've started but not finished it on both Xbox and PC, but pushed through and completed it on the Vita last week. Good fun, but I wish there was fast travel and a better map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Fez

Press these button in sequence

R2 R2 L2 R2 L2 L2 L2

So Fez, just figured out that there's more to it, not to give anything away, it's a cryptic little game.

Pen and paper. You'll need it.

Pen and paper. You'll need it.

Yeah I hear ya, needed it for the early block puzzle and now gonna play that mini side game of Tetris. ;)

That level with the pink blocks appearing and disappearing with the music was brilliant.

I know it took Fish ages to make but I can kinda see why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Played (and beat) Resident evil 1 for the first time, was free on plus ages ago. Holds up really well apart from the shocking voice acting and inventory management. And how the hell would know there were medals in those books? Starting 2 now, expecting more of the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement